News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jpbran

jpbran Profile Photo
Member Name: jpbran
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1180660948
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 25 2024, 03:13:13 PM

Observation said: "Not going to lie... until that little behind the scenes snippet, I thought the train was CGI for sure."

I let out an audible "Whaaaaaa?"

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
 Jul 24 2024, 09:59:38 AM

Here begins the usual pre-sale code wait. 🦷😅

(Edit: code is TECHOMP24)

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 23 2024, 02:25:12 PM

Observation said: "What are the chances they might film this for release? I'm not familiar with the show, but is it something that would come across on screen?"

I'd wondered this when they announced the B'way transfer. Maybe it was being transferred with the plans/contracts already in place for a live-capture. Could see this being a streaming (Hulu or Max or Apple etc.) thing. I would be thrilled to have this insanity preserved with the current cast!

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 19 2024, 05:29:55 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "And the only seats in the mezzanine that are over $300 are in the front row. Every other seat there is way less than that, from $74-220."

That doesn't make for NEARLY the dramatic statement though. 

JRB Teases
 Jul 17 2024, 02:12:18 PM

TotallyEffed said: "jpbran said: "Was he possibly referring to his first "Lucille Frank" Carolee's news re: Kimberly Akimbo?"

Why would he be referring to that lol
"

Total clueless shot in the dark as the morning was passing with no news. But that news did seem to land more momentously than his actual news. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

JRB Teases
 Jul 17 2024, 12:42:28 PM

Was he possibly referring to his first "Lucille Frank" Carolee's news re: Kimberly Akimbo? 

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)
 Jul 17 2024, 01:42:30 AM

Really hoping for a Sunday evening option at the end of Oct. Only slot left open for my long weekend. 🤞🦷

Changing Keys for Performers is So Cool
 Jun 29 2024, 11:58:23 AM

If you dont have anything nice to say...don't say it. Don't waste your energy mocking someone else.

And also... plot twist! 🤣

...half the time their writing style reads like a psycho path who didn't pass 1st grade. 

ANNIE returns to NYC at the Theatre at MSG for the 2024 holiday season; tour will switch from non-Eq to Equity
 Jun 20 2024, 11:48:40 PM

Guessing the move is to entice/placate a “name” for one of the roles maybe. 

NYP: Broadway sings New York’s blues as crime, costs slow post-COVID comeback
 Jun 20 2024, 04:33:08 PM

Does anyone have a pre-sale code for these weed parties??? 🙏

New Merrily Pro-Shot?
 Jun 18 2024, 03:56:59 PM

Confirmed but still no details about the filming's future. Might be a long wait like Waitress’ pro-shot, or announced quickly like Come From Away's. 🤔Merrily To Be Filmed

SWEPT AWAY transferring to Broadway this fall
 Jun 18 2024, 10:09:50 AM

Dammit. Missing it by 2 days. Hope it lasts til I'm back in April!

SWEPT AWAY transferring to Broadway this fall
 Jun 17 2024, 06:13:16 PM

REALLY hoping that's opening night and not the start of previews... will be there 10/25-28 and it's on my must-see list for sure. 

Montgomery College Dinner Theatre
 Jun 14 2024, 02:08:45 PM

Is every high school, college and community theater in the US gonna have someone start a new thread for every production? 🤦🏻‍♂️

New Merrily Pro-Shot?
 Jun 13 2024, 12:34:49 PM

Often it's two with audiences and one without (for shots requiring the camera to be on-stage for close-ups/reaction shots or for odd setups.). You can see that best in Angelica Schuyler's disappearing/reappearing flower in Disney+'s Hamilton.

Seeing the restricted parking signs have Radical as the production company makes me think this is pretty legit. They seem to be the primo "go to" for high dollar shoots, so I can't imagine they were con

The cost of performing on the Tony Awards?
 Jun 6 2024, 06:28:23 PM

I have no knowledge, but the theory about the combo of projections and smaller movable set pieces seems pretty legit. Watching the show in huge HD each year makes the projections pretty obvious, especially in closeups. (the one that comes to mind is the Waitress performance with projections or LCD-display versions of the show's sets) I don't mind it at all when they're well done... can capture the look of the show without as much expense or set logistics. 

Jennifer Lopez to Star in KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN Film
 May 24 2024, 11:03:43 AM

Ya'll's goin' to hell. 

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 May 17 2024, 08:37:14 AM

Hottix just says “The code you entered is correct, but there are no more tickets available.” Thanks tho!

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024
 May 17 2024, 01:40:40 AM

Any word on a new discount code now that SECRET is no longer working?

Mother Play Partial View Orch Seats
 May 2 2024, 04:28:01 PM

There's a thread on seating for Mother Play specifically. Based on that and my own experience, be prepared to be thoroughly uncomfortable in the side orchestra seats at the Hayes unless you're under 5' tall and about 80 lbs max. (exaggerating, but seriously the most uncomfortable I've ever been in a B'way theater)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You