News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tinamm2fan

tinamm2fan Profile Photo
Member Name: tinamm2fan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Sara Kramer Set as Next Sophie in Mamma Mia!
 Aug 6 2004, 09:46:12 PM
I have to admit that my favorite "Sophie" is Kristie Marsden. I've seen Tour 2 159 times ( Betsy Morgan was superb as an understudy!) I haven't seen the tour as often since Sara took over the role. She's a talented young lady and wish her all the best on Broadway.

Miss Kristie has been (and still is ) a bit busy these days filming movies! Her first was a film version of "Reefer Madness" scheduled for release in early 2005. She's currently packing her bags and heading to Mexico to con

re: What's the story with Mamma Mia?
 Jun 30 2004, 08:21:05 PM
Funny thing this should be a topic of discussion I ran across! I've been following Tour 2 of Mamma Mia since the second city of the original cast in March 2002. I've now been to 35 cities and 19 states. The original cast was awesome, but I have to say the current cast is great too! I'm proud to have been called this tour's "1st Groupie" having seen Tour 2 a total of 157 times. ( not ready to stop yet!! ) All I can say is .... "here I go again"!
re: re: re: re: re: Starstruck??
 Mar 27 2004, 07:47:01 AM
Two years ago, in Nashville, TN I saw "Mamma Mia!" for the first time. It was the second city for the 2nd National Tour. There was an understudy on for "Sophie" that night, so I wanted to back again to see Kristie Marsden in the role. ( I'd seen an interview with her and Monique Lund on local tv). After the second time, I met Robin Baxter ( Rosie ) and Pearce Bunting ( Bill Austin ). I was hooked! I was ( and still am ) , a bit miffed about the lack of recognition and respect this cast rece
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: How Many Times Have You Seen A Show
 Mar 27 2004, 07:30:00 AM
Ha ha... ok let's see try this one!
Mamma Mia Tour 2 "my" cast ( and I have the right to call them that!! ) 151 times!

Mamma Mia Tour 2 ( revised... new cast ) 1 time ( so far )

Mamma Mia Tour 1 .... 1 time and NEVER again.

I remember two years ago when Tour 2 first started and everyone was bashing it on the message boards. Well, let me tell you... they were by far a better cast than any of the other Mamma Mia companies out there!!! Each individual cast may have strong p

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Closing Shows...
 Mar 27 2004, 07:23:57 AM
Well now, if you were to take "original 8" principals from Tour 2 of Mamma Mia! and put them on Broadway ( Forgive me Gary, but Monique Lund is a waaaaaaaaaaaay better Donna than Dee!!!!) then Mamma Mia! would never close, because my friends and I would be flying in from across the country weekly to see "my" cast there. Call me biased, and yes I admit I am. After 151 times of Tour 2 and having seen some of the other casts... the others are imposters and pale in comparison to the original Tour
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
 Mar 15 2004, 06:46:02 AM
No... not Tour 1 with Chilina and Jeanine. I saw that one once when Dee Hoty was with it and didn't care for it. So, I've been following Tour 2 for the last two years and they've been awesome. Will take a bit of getting used to now that "my" cast is gone.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! GOES PLATINUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Mar 14 2004, 05:30:21 PM
The new Sky? He's cute and very nice offstage, but needs a little more "ummmph" onstage. He looks waaay too young for the part. But, he's a nice guy.
re: re:
 Mar 14 2004, 08:31:27 AM
Agree... totally.... Original Tour 2 Cast of Mamma Mia! The "Original 8" made "my" cast worth seeing over and over and over.... again! ( 151 times for me!)
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! GOES PLATINUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Mar 14 2004, 08:12:41 AM
Vegas may be good... but Tour 2 was the best overall Mamma Mia cast til "my" cast left in February. The new principals are slowly finding their niche in their characters... but we still have a kick a$$ ensemble with Marisa,Vince and Betsy... just to name a few! It's gonna be a while before anyone can pack the punch that Monique Lund had at the end of "The Winner Takes It All". The chemistry that Monique, Don, Kristie, Chris, Ellen, James, Robin and Pearce will never be re-created! The "newbies
re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Dec 29 2003, 08:41:49 AM
Ok, so it's taken me a few weeks to get to this one. I can't comment on Louise Pitre as Donna Sheridan, as I never had the opportunity to see her perform the role. However, I have seen Dee Hoty and Monique Lund. Monique's version I've seen many many times. Dee's I saw once and have no desire to see her again. Not bashing anyone, just didn't care for her version of the role. I love Monique's version of "Winner Takes It All",( not to mention the rest of Tour 2) We are all entitled to our own
re: re: Mamma Mia! & Fame on CBS... dear lord
 Nov 29 2003, 06:58:49 PM
I just found this site and was excited to see there are other Mamma Mia fans out there that agree with me! Monique and Kristie along with the rest of Tour 2 is the best Mamma Mia cast! Have to agree with TJ that the Dads are the greatest and I can't neglect to mention what wonderful jobs Ellen Harvey and Robin Baxter do as Tanya and Rosie! Every member of that company has place in my heart!

I'm feeling like a proud Mamma now! ha ha!
Tina

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You