pixeltracker

Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#0Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/13/03 at 11:23am

SWEDISH PREMIERE ANNOUNCED!

It has been confirmed that Benny Andersson's and Bjorn Ulvaeus' musical MAMMA MIA! is to open in Sweden - in Swedish! The musical will premiere at the Cirkus Theatre in Stockholm on February 12, 2005. Catherine Johnson’s book will be translated by Peter Dalle and the lyrics by Niklas Stromstedt. Tickets will go on sale to the general public at the end of August 2004.

SECOND GERMAN LANGUAGE PRODUCTION ANNOUNCED!

Following the phenomenal success of the first German language production, now in its second sell-out year at the Operettenhaus in Hamburg, a second German production will open in July 2004 at the Palladium Theatre in Stuttgart. This will be the first time that a major musical production will have played simultaneously in two German cities.

INTERNATIONAL TOUR ANNOUNCED!

A new English language International Tour will debut at The Point in Dublin on 9 September 2004, marking the show's Irish premiere. Tickets are now on sale. The tour will then move to Edinburgh, where the Scottish premiere engagement will play from 12 November 2004-29 January 2005 at the Playhouse. The tour then moves into Continental Europe. Edinburgh will be the tour's only UK date. The London production continues an open-ended run.

LONDON TICKETS AND TRANSFER

The London production has now extended booking until Saturday 5 March 2005. The production moves to the restored and refurbished Prince of Wales Theatre from 27 May 2004. The final performance at the Prince Edward Theatre will be Saturday 22 May 2004. Choose Tuesday and Wednesday nights at 7.30pm for best ticket availability.

A LONDON MILESTONE!

It has been confirmed that the original London production of MAMMA MIA! has now grossed over £100 million at the Box Office. By the time the production celebrates its fifth birthday (on April 6, 2004), it will have played over 2000 performances and been seen by over 3 million people.

THE WORLD’S # 1 SHOW!

With more productions playing simultaneously around the world than any other musical, MAMMA MIA! is now the world’s number one show. There are currently 10 global productions: five in North America (Broadway, Las Vegas, Toronto and two US tours), an Australasian tour , three foreign language productions (Japan, Germany and Holland) and the original London production, which opened in April 1999.

MAMMA MIA! AT LONDON’S GATWICK AIRPORT

For the next two years, MAMMA MIA! is exclusively branding the London Gatwick South Terminal arrivals hall. The London cast officially launched the sponsorship on 19 November. A MAMMA MIA! branded airplane is suspended overhead and trails a welcome message to visitors from around the world. Signage and billboards promote the musical’s Greek Island setting. During the holiday season, a giant Christmas tree is displaying MAMMA MIA! ornaments.

MAMMA MIA! LIGHTS UP LONDON’S OXFORD STREET

Visitors to London's most famous street are being welcomed this year by a Christmas message from the smash hit musical MAMMA MIA!. The city has provided the backdrop and foundation for the shows extraordinary growth and popularity. Now, by way of thanks to London and the millions of people who have supported and enjoyed the show, MAMMA MIA! has staged its own personal thank you to everyone as sponsor of this year's Oxford Street illuminations. The cast of MAMMA MIA! performed live on 21 November before Enrique Iglesias officially switched the lights on.

DUTCH PREMIERE

MAMMA MIA! premiered in The Netherlands on Sunday 9 November, The Dutch language production opened to rave reviews at the Beatrix Theatre in Utrecht and all Box Office records have been smashed. DeStem acclaimed the show as: "PURE ENJOYMENT FROM START TO FINISH!"

For complete information about MAMMA MIA! worldwide and to book tickets visit http://www.mamma-mia.com

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

JakeB
#1re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/13/03 at 12:05pm

And We Will Rock You is the world's #2 show!!! Ain't it just a swell world?!

bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
#2re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/13/03 at 12:13pm

Mamma Mia - the world's number one show. God help us!

THEATRE 2020: CURTAINS**** LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE GIRLS***** WICKED***** KEITH RAMSAY TAKING NOTES WITH EDWARD SECKERSON***** KAYLEIGH MCKNIGHT CONCERT***** RAGS***** ON MCQUILLAN'S HILL** DEAR EVAN HANSEN***** THE JURY***

bob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
#3re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/13/03 at 12:15pm

Catherine Johnson’s book will be translated by Peter Dalle

You mean the show HAS a book?

THEATRE 2020: CURTAINS**** LET'S HEAR IT FOR THE GIRLS***** WICKED***** KEITH RAMSAY TAKING NOTES WITH EDWARD SECKERSON***** KAYLEIGH MCKNIGHT CONCERT***** RAGS***** ON MCQUILLAN'S HILL** DEAR EVAN HANSEN***** THE JURY***

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#4re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/13/03 at 1:06pm

Jealous?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#5re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/13/03 at 1:13pm

Wow! Mamma Mia is really getting some international acclaim.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#6re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/13/03 at 5:25pm

Is this a surprise? The score is comprised of the number the number one pop group in the world. While ABBA was not as popular in the US, they sold more albums during their career worldwide than The Beatles or Elvis. The show is fluff, but entertaining. It never tries to be anything more than it is. Nothing wrong in that. If I'm in the mood for intellectual stimulation, I'll buy a ticket for something else. If I want to have fun, I'll see Mamma Mia. It's just a different style, that's all. I'd much rather see it than sit through Phantom of the Opera again.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

MasterLcZ Profile Photo
MasterLcZ
#7 re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/13/03 at 6:28pm

Too bad the Broadway version utilizes eardrum-piercing painfully loud miking.

When I saw it many years ago, I had to stick wadded tissue in my ears and hold my hands over them to make it bearable. And I was in the balcony.

"Christ, Bette Davis?!?!"

bially082 Profile Photo
bially082
#8re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/13/03 at 8:18pm

i usually think shows on broadway aren't loud enough. I think loud volume can add to the music. It doesn't do much for me to hear really good music really quietly- but i have not seen the broadway production, so if it's too loud, that's not a good thing either. It's just that in my experience almost a hundred percent of the time it's not loud enough for me.

You are young, life has been kind to you. You will learn.

BwayTheatre11
#9re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/13/03 at 8:49pm

Isn't The Lion King second?

CCM '10!

~*The Broadway Baby*~
#10re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/13/03 at 10:10pm

I'm sorry....but there is something sickening about Mamma Mia being #1 in the world. If you think of all the other musicals playing in this world right now, Mamma Mia! shouldn't even be considered to compare. I personally think its pathetic... But its completely up to you what you think about it. I think everyones opinions on things like this are important to vary...

BwayTheatre11
#11re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/13/03 at 10:57pm

It's not very pothetic...it is #1 in the world! lol I know what you mean. It is a great show, but more of a stage show that belongs in Vegas (like it is).

CCM '10!
Updated On: 12/13/03 at 10:57 PM

SuttonBebeFaith
#12re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/14/03 at 12:07am

Oh no.. This show will have as many lives as "Fame".

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#13re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/14/03 at 6:37am

Number one show? Such a sad state of affairs.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#14re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/14/03 at 10:38am

Mamma Mia is NY's #1 Hit COMMUNITY THEATER show :) sorry phantom2 but, it just isn't living up to what it once was. Maybe it's the world's # 1 show for the amount of productions that are out though...I will give it that. Updated On: 12/14/03 at 10:38 AM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#15re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/14/03 at 11:27am

Have you even seen the show recently? I find the new cast to be extremely talented.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#16re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/14/03 at 9:07pm

no..im not a hoty fan. I lost interest after the OBC left. My friend saw the new cast yesterday and said the new sophie was boring when she wasn't feeding off Machota and Carol L Johnsons energy... she said basically everyones acting skills lacked major..vocally were good though. If you're on bway..you should come with the t-threat package.

BwayTheatre11
#17re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/14/03 at 9:13pm

I think that's what phantom2 meant, the most productions in the world.

CCM '10!

broadwayguy2
#18re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/14/03 at 9:14pm

didn't feed off of Machota?!? Damn is girl dead or what????

#19re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/14/03 at 9:19pm

What scares me is that it had a trailer when I saw Love Actually yesterday.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#20re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/14/03 at 10:13pm

Everyone's??????? Now that's general!
No one compares to Tina Maddigan, the best Sophie that ever graced the stage. Also, Karen Mason and Mark Price were incredible. I agree with your "triple threat" comment, Amneris. However, I give the new cast a lot more credit than you or your friend does. It's still a very fun show!!

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#21re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/14/03 at 10:15pm

what i'd give to see mark price sing "garlic garlic" again..that little man is so cute!!!!

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#22re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/14/03 at 10:26pm

Did you like DOTV?

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#23re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/14/03 at 10:32pm

i have more respect for the show NOW then i did when it was playing. The cast was wonderful but, the show was just bad. I the music however did deserve a bway cd because some of the score was quite catchy.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#24re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Mamma Mia! is the world's #1 show!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: 12/14/03 at 11:09pm

Max von Essen's voice is angelic and should have been preserved on CD. It's also a shame that the Mamma Mia! OBC did not have a CD either.

Updated On: 12/14/03 at 11:09 PM