News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tgrabon

tgrabon Profile Photo
Member Name: tgrabon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: How the heck did Xanadu get nominated?
 Jun 5 2008, 10:48:49 AM
Three words: Douglas Carter Beane.

re: What's your favorite William Ivey Long costume?
 Jun 4 2008, 02:10:02 PM
The opening white furs stoles from the La Cage aux Folle 2004 revival were unforgettable. Theoni V. Aldredge's original 1983 opening flower garden gowns were fun. That William Ivey Long had the balls to have the "girls" dressed in just stoles and heels eventually shedding those was brilliant. The key hole set design fit the show like a glove.
re: Boeing Boeing or The 39 Steps?
 May 23 2008, 10:47:13 AM
Boeing-Boeing.
re: What is your LEAST favorite musical ever?
 May 21 2008, 10:15:53 AM
I walked out at intermission on Mimi le Duck and the All Shook Up Chicago preview. I won't count them. A Catered Affair on the other hand would be my least favorite musical. Lestat and Tarzan are also on my Least Favorite Musicals List.
re: Mandy Patinkin: Sings Sondhiem
 May 21 2008, 10:07:11 AM
Nails on a chalk board.
re: Which of the following ten upcoming shows are you most looking forward
 May 19 2008, 10:49:57 AM
9 to 5. Dolly Parton writing music & lyrics + Joe Mantello directing + that great cast pushes 9 to 5 to the top of my list. I was planning a trip to L.A. sometime this year and decided on mid October to catch the out of town tryout. Single seats for the L.A. preview are on sale June 3rd. Hopefully decent seats will be available.

Billy Elliot. I bought the London cast recording years ago and never listened to it. I'm not sure why. I did hear two songs from Billy Elliot on digital cable B

re: Saved! 5/10/08
 May 13 2008, 10:34:05 AM
I also saw the first preview on Saturday and agree with the reviews for Saved posted here especially shesamarshmallow's suggestion to cut Act 1 and make it a 90 minute show. Act 2 is where the action is. Act 1 is too long. The songs pretty much sound the same whether it's the adults or kids singing. I liked the show and also wanted to love it. It's the first time I've seen Celia Keenan-Bolger on stage. She is wonderful. The set was inventive especially the color block squares on the back wall t
re: 'The Visit'
 May 13 2008, 10:07:06 AM
I saw The Visit at Chicago's Goodman Theatre in 2001 and found it perfectly dark, great choreography, wonderful songs. Kander & Ebb out did themselves with this show. I wish it well at Signature and in NYC.
re: Tony Nominees Are... (from the official website)
 May 13 2008, 09:57:10 AM
After seeing and loving the often maligned and hysterical Cry-Baby last weekend I'm thrilled to see it nominated for best musical over the dreadful A Catered Affair.

I'm really pleased with the nominees... especially Mary McCormack, for Boeing-Boeing and Robin De Jesús, for In The Heights. Both are Scene Stealers. The only nomination missing is the brilliant Alli Mauzey from Cry-Baby.

re: If you had to pick ONE show...
 May 6 2008, 10:24:50 AM
Follies
re: How About Funny Girl with...
 Apr 30 2008, 10:29:55 AM
Jackie Hoffman.

re: Footage of Gloria Swanson's SUNSET BLVD. musical!
 Apr 28 2008, 10:01:44 AM
Bizarre. Thanks for posting the link.
re: Gone with the Wind Review 4.10.08
 Apr 14 2008, 10:23:15 AM
Fascinating review. Thank you.

"They never SHOWED us these things. They told us" I had the same feeling when I saw Little Women on Broadway. It irritated me to no end.

re: PURE COUNTRY - New Musical To Open On Broadway Spring 2009
 Apr 11 2008, 10:59:11 AM
The playbill.com story mentioned that Carlin Glynn was in the Pure Country workshop in April. She needs to return to Broadway in Pure Country or another musical. I saw her years ago at the Goodman Theatre in Pal Joey and she was awesome. Carlin on stage singing Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered is a gorgeous memory for me.
re: Glory Days or Saved
 Apr 10 2008, 11:37:23 AM
I checked for 2 tickets for the evening show on Saturday, May 10th and the matinee on Sunday, May 11th and was offered excellent seats at $70 a ticket.
 Apr 10 2008, 11:27:54 AM
It's playing Off-Boroadway at Playwrights Horizons.
 Apr 10 2008, 11:09:20 AM
jlm96um:

Tickets for Saved are now on sale - a day early.

http://www.ticketcentral.com/

re: Does ANYONE Like 'Bounce?'
 Apr 8 2008, 05:10:42 PM
I too saw it in Chicago at The Goodman and I didn't care for it. I didn't hate it. It was like...eh, whatever. It was unmemorable which is never the case with a Sondheim show.
re: Brian d'Arcy James=Shrek
 Apr 2 2008, 10:04:29 AM
Brain d'Arcy James on Shrek:

'There are three different philosophies on how I will appear in the show as Shrek,' James said in a phone call. 'One is a full body suit and head, so you can't see me at all. The second is scaled down from that.
'And the third is a more theatrical representation, like me in a green T-shirt and hat. But I really can't imagine anything other than the first option, really.

Read the interview/article:

http://www.mlive.com/saginaw/stories/index.ssf?/base/entertainment-1/120676802476350.xml&coll=9

re: Menken's King David
 Mar 27 2008, 11:58:00 AM
I grudgingly paid $17.98 for the King David CD in 1998 at Tower Records near Lincoln Center. I've played it at least once a month for the last ten years. It's that good. I'm not a big fan of musicals in concert. If I had to choose one show that would work perfectly in concert it would be Menken & Rice's King David.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You