News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for All_For_Laura

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
Member Name: All_For_Laura
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Pitre, Odekirk Led 'KRISTINA' Carnegie Hall Concert Announces Full Cast  Aug 19 2009, 08:01:44 AM
Wasn't Alice Ripley supposed to reprise her role as Ulrika?
re: The most times you've ever seen a show  Jul 21 2009, 11:03:00 AM
Grey Gardens-4 times.
re: Favorite Vibrato Moments  Jul 9 2009, 12:42:25 PM
Maria Friedman in everything! SO GORGEOUS! Particularly in the complete Cabaret Recording singing Cabaret and Mein Herr.
re: Looking for a Grey Gardens Souvenir Program  Apr 25 2009, 10:52:56 PM
Pricey! I wonder how much my souvenir program with full cast autographs including understudies would go for!
re: Happiness-another take.  Apr 4 2009, 12:35:40 PM
I saw it last night and was just shocked that this was the new work coming from the BRILLIANT composers of Grey Gardens.

Totally amateurish and puerile. I am so glad I didn't pay for my tickets. I would've left if there was an intermission. I was really disappointed in what I looked forward to being a good, new musical. Unfortunately, Happiness did not leave me happy.

Mundane and hackneyed music and lyrics with a weak, weak book. Too bad these great performers have such te

re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!  Mar 28 2009, 07:59:16 PM
I LOVE NEXT TO NORMAL!
re: Where are the TDF seats for Next to Normal?  Mar 28 2009, 10:19:38 AM
My tdf seats were second row of the mezz, last two seats on left side.
re: Next to normal First Preview  Mar 28 2009, 01:27:06 AM
Alice was ON FIRE! There are some new little changes from DC. Jenn said that they had her go back into the studio to rerecord the new verse in "Just Another Day". The gurnee in "Didn't I See This Movie" was really cool!

Totally Amazing first preview! The whole cast was really alive. Alice will get nominated and hopefully win a tony!

re: Sound clips from NEXT TO NORMAL's OBCR on website...  Mar 23 2009, 12:55:52 PM
In my opinion, I find Ripley's voice to be rich and full of depth. I love hearing a unique sound, different from the typical Broadway diva. Ever since I first heard Ripley, I fell in love. Her distinct vocal characteristics have always seemed to enhance whatever I've heard her sing, and in a part like this, I find it always so impressive how her voice matches her emotion.
re: jv92 sees Blithe Spirit (3/7 matinee)  Mar 8 2009, 10:39:06 AM
Is there student rush available yet?
re: Natalie Weiss  Jan 4 2009, 11:46:28 PM
She sings quite well, just wish she could act. Acting is vital for landing roles on broadway.
re: Sarsgaard and Gyllenhaal to Star in CSC's UNCLE VANYA  Dec 11 2008, 06:28:50 PM
Really excited about this production. And, CSC is one block away from me, so I will have no problem getting to the venue!
re: SLAVA'S SNOWSHOW reviews...  Dec 11 2008, 09:05:25 AM
I will not try to change your opinion, as I believe everyone is entitled to think what they want, but I believe you are misinterpreting this piece of theatre. You feel as though the show was crap because there was no plot, no singing, music, dancing to tell a story. Singing, Music, Dancing is not the sole core of what theatre is. Slava is a clown. His troupe works with clowning. Have you ever studied Artaud? Theatre of the absurd? Artaud points out that movement, light, color, sound can b
re: Ariana Grande...  Dec 9 2008, 08:59:01 AM
She really is spectacular!

Her "What it Means to be a Friend" is gorgeous!

re: SLAVA'S SNOWSHOW reviews...  Dec 9 2008, 08:57:23 AM
Thank You!

I thought this show was brilliant. I couldn't help but think I was watching a Beckett play! I saw it four years ago at the Union Square theatre and remembered loving it then. I love it even more, having watched it this weekend. This experimental clowning, mixed with truly amazing, audience-infused effects really creates a wonderful piece of art. I highly suggest everyone go out and see this production for its short engagement!

re: Saw NEXT TO NORMAL First Preview in DC Nov. 21  Dec 7 2008, 12:15:37 PM
I really like many of the changes, although I am not so fond of the cuts of "Perfect for You". I really like that song in its entirety. I am so excited for the 20th! I finally get to see the Arena Version live. I am excited to see how it has changed since off-broadway.
re: Anyone going to SLAVA'S SNOWSHOW tonight?  Dec 2 2008, 06:32:09 PM
I'm going this Saturday! I cannot wait. I really think it is a splendid theatrical experience. Since seeing it off Brodway 4 years ago, I am excited to witness the differences.
re: Grey Gardens at Northlight Theatre  Nov 16 2008, 11:14:20 PM
Wish I could see it!
re: Blithe Spirit Takes the Shubert  Nov 4 2008, 10:22:56 PM
Just performed this play last year as Charles Condomine! I love it and I cannot wait to see this production!
re: Side Show Revival: Updates/Rumors?  Nov 2 2008, 06:23:50 PM
Laura Benanti as Violet would be disastrous (IMO). Vocally, there is no issue, but I simply could not see her playing that part.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You