News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ohjustjake

Member Name: ohjustjake
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1370280021&ref=profile
Blog Address: jacobcarll.com

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  Apr 26 2024, 11:43:11 AM

Saw this the other night and really had a blast. Taking a look at availability for tonight... like 75% is still unsold. I feel so bad for them!

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread  May 12 2023, 11:08:26 AM

Has anyone seen this show this week? I'm thinking about grabbing a cheap ticket for the last row in the Mezz, and was wondering if they've been moving people forward because it's basically 75% empty up there right now for tonight's show.

THE NOTEBOOK Musical - News & Discussion Thread  Oct 20 2022, 12:43:19 PM

I went to Tuesday night's preview and will just add to the glowing reviews so far. This show and production is quite special, and it this show is in GREAT shape. I was especially taken with Young Noah and Allie - incredible chemistry. I thought the use of the three couples were expertly used (FINALLY), and thought the acting across the board was incredibly strong. The ending definitely packs a punch, and the orchestra sounds great. I thought the music really worked (though some of it soun

Company Ruled The Weekend  Apr 20 2022, 08:58:16 AM
Auggie27 said: "Archie was the only absence Sunday afternoon. House was full. And enthusiastic."

I was there that Sunday Easter matinee in the balcony, and it looked like the balcony was only 60-75% full.

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 16 2022, 04:53:05 PM

Saw the matinee today - really thought this was an interesting and exciting show. However, my TDF seats were last row, house left, mezzanine, and the sound mixing was quite poor. It took me awhile to get into this, not because I wasn’t liking the material, but because I think I only caught 50% of the words. I felt bad when Usher would be singing but all I could really hear was the band and the Thoughts. Another poster mentioned the sound mixing too, and I’m hoping it gets worked o

POTUS: OR, BEHIND EVERY GREAT DUMBASS ARE SEVEN WOMEN TRYING TO KEEP HIM ALIVE Previews  Apr 16 2022, 12:55:19 PM

Saw the show last night and had SO much fun. The play is quick, funny, silly, messy, poignant… I could go on! It wasn’t the tightest preview I’ve seen - some fumbling of lines, some slight tech moments that most probably didn’t catch. But the audience and I were laughing from the very first line, which sets up the tone of the evening perfectly!

The whole cast is strong but the stand out for me was Julie White - she has the most rounded character and her physica

Anything Goes - Bonnie vs. Erma  Nov 22 2021, 01:06:35 PM

I don't know the reason for the name change, however I wish there was a way to combine the both. I like Bonnie's song Heaven Hop, but I love Buddy Beware as well. 

Wicked-Wizard of Oz Comparison Help  Jan 15 2020, 07:22:22 AM

fashionguru_23 said: "I remember years ago on the Stephen Schwartz message board, there were 5 musical nods to "The Wizard of Oz". I don't recall the one about the Yellow Brick Road/Couldn't be happier.

There is the "Optimistic Voices" from Ozplayed by the flutes or reeds during the section of "One Short Day" (So, I'll be back for good some day..."

Also, when *SPOILER* Fiyero comes out as the Scarecrow, the notes for "If I Only Had A Brain" are played.
"

I love that little nod to Optimistic Voices! It's more obvious in the Exit Music - https://youtu.be/2cpmazd6558?t=116

THE GREAT SOCIETY to play the Beaumont this Fall  Jul 21 2019, 12:04:39 PM

I used LincTix for Ann, so I'm assuming they'll be available for this too!

The Official TDF Thread  May 4 2019, 08:12:45 AM
My Ferryman tickets (two of them) said they'd be in the mezzanine but last night they were orchestra right row M, third and fourth seats in!
The Official TDF Thread  Apr 29 2019, 01:04:16 PM
I just bought 2 for Friday the 3rrd so I'll post after, but the description did say they're in the mezzanine.
The Ferryman Lately  Apr 28 2019, 02:36:07 PM

Has anyone been to The Ferryman lately and sat in the balcony? I'm looking at purchasing two tickets for next weekend and the balcony is pretty unsold... I'm wondering what are the chances that they're moving people down to the front of the balcony?

2019-2020 Touring Season  Apr 23 2019, 05:02:20 PM

Syracuse announced today:

Jesus Christ Superstar - October 1st- 4th

My Fair Lady - December 10th - 13th

A Bronx Tale - February 18th - 20th

Miss Saigon - April 28th - May 3rd

An American In Paris - June 2nd - 4th

Riverdance - March 24th-26th as 6th show option

The Official TDF Thread  Apr 16 2019, 11:46:52 PM

Those who are grabbing tickets for Oklahoma, Tootise, Beatlejuice, Be More Chill, etc, are you getting them from the TDF website or are those from the TKTS booth? I keep checking the TDF website but somehow missed ALL of those shows

BAT OUT OF HELL Will Play 8 Weeks At NY City Center In 2019  Dec 21 2018, 12:18:39 PM

The Ordway in St. Paul is still selling tickets for June...

THE PROM Previews  Oct 22 2018, 10:56:13 AM
I was at the invited dress as well and I also had a really fun time. Of course it was a room full of family and friends so the support was already in place, but I laughed and smiled a ton, and that alone felt great.
re: The 'Phantom' Chandelier  Jun 3 2018, 07:11:54 PM

I'm so glad old threads are getting revived because I'm seeing posts I made FOREVER ago that I completely forgot about haha.

So I first the national tour of Phantom in Buffalo probably around 2002 and was SO scared of the chandelier when it fell. And then I went to see Phantom on Broadway two weeks ago, and the chandelier crash was... disappointing. It's incredibly slow, it doesn't feel like there's even a chance for it to actually crash, and nobody around me seemed

FROZEN Previews  May 12 2018, 07:49:54 AM
Wasn't sure where else to post this, but did anyone notice Caissie wears an in ear monitor in her left ear? Saw the show Wednesday night and noticed it during Let It Go. That was the night her glove also didn't fly off stage (she tweeted about it), but I'm wondering more about why she has an in ear monitor opposed to everyone else.
Your favourite Broadway books  Feb 22 2018, 12:04:17 PM

Song of Spiderman is super interesting and hard to put down - definitely recommend it.

I read Michael Riedel's Razzle Dazzle this past winter break and really enjoyed it. All about the Schubert Organization and Foundation from their beginning days to now. Definitely a perspective you wouldn't think about as a regular theatergoer.

Definitely recommend Everything Was Possible by Ted Chapin. He was a PA on the original production of Follies. One of the best bway boo

Frozen Lottery  Feb 21 2018, 12:56:33 PM

After you submit the page tells you that it doesn't send a confirmation email but that your submission was received.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You