pixeltracker

TELECHARGE Oddity for The Shark is Broken

TELECHARGE Oddity for The Shark is Broken

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#1TELECHARGE Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 4:05pm

Now that my tix for Grey House have been refunded (Yes, already notified) I'm looking to replace what we are seeing for 8/2 matinee.  We're interested in The Shark is Broken (we're HUGE Jaws fans) and have checked TDF and have a discount code for it from the flyer rec'd in the mail.

Here's the oddity: the ONE PERFORMANCE we are looking at is the only performance withing the span of time the code is valid, the code doesn't apply.  THE ONLY DATE from now to the end of the offer in October.  

Anybody have any clue why?   Could lit be as simple as a coding error?  Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 7/19/23 at 04:05 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 4:10pm

Have you called Telecharge to ask?

dramamama611
#3Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 4:12pm

No, not yet - I thought perhaps there was something known, that people here might be aware of.    

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

jagman1062 Profile Photo
jagman1062
#4Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 4:16pm

Is there an announcement or a disclaimer on the TelechargeOffers site when trying to book tickets? I used the code from the mailer the other day with no problem, but my tickets are for September 12, which is of course, a different date.

dramamama611
#5Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 4:18pm

No specific dates are listed on the flyer, it's not sold out....PLENTY of seats available, esp in the Mezz.   And yes, it's the ONLY date the code isn't available for - I know it's not opening night, etiher. 

jagman1062 Profile Photo
jagman1062
#6Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 4:20pm

I would call Telecharge directly, as Jordan asked.

dramamama611
#7Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 4:26pm

Well, the call was entirely non productive.  The rep, pleasant enough, just looked it up and said: yes, it's not showing up for that date.   So basically, she looked at the website and saw what I saw.

Very odd.   Anyone KNOW anyone at Telecharge? Or a Broadway Telecharge number?

Note: I edited the SUBJ line as I know there have been times that a telecharge rep has responded here.  (or at least I think I remember that happeningl.)

Updated On: 7/19/23 at 04:26 PM

perfectpenguin
#8Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 4:36pm

There’s one Telecharge rep I email directly now and has always been extremely helpful. I’ll message you the email. 

dramamama611
#9Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 4:54pm

perfectpenguin said: "There’s one Telecharge rep I email directly now and has always been extremely helpful. I’ll message you the email."

Thank you! Rec'd the info and email has been sent.  I'll let you know if anything comes from it!

perfectpenguin
#10Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 5:02pm

dramamama611 said: "perfectpenguin said: "There’s one Telecharge rep I email directly now and has always been extremely helpful. I’ll message you the email."

Thank you! Rec'd the info and email has been sent. I'll let you know if anything comes from it!
"

Good luck!! 

dramamama611
#11Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 6:40pm

Sadly, no one knows anything! Grrr.

perfectpenguin
#12Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 8:04pm

dramamama611 said: "Sadly, no one knows anything! Grrr.

"

Ahh I’m so sorry! The situation is odd. There must be something that day that’s blocking out the discount code and Telecharge isn’t allowed to say it. 

perfectpenguin
#13Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 8:11pm

Ok - maybe the issue with Telecharge is fixed? I tried using code SBDM621 and was able to apply it for 8/2 matinee. A random seat Orch S 12 with code comes out to $104 , and without code the same seat comes out to $114.

dramamama611
#14Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 8:29pm

Thanks for letting me know!  Hopefully my inquiries had someone look into it!   But what a measly discount...like 10%????  WTF

JustAnotherNewYorker
#15Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 8:35pm

The website is broken?

perfectpenguin
#16Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 8:44pm

dramamama611 said: "Thanks for letting me know! Hopefully my inquiries had someone look into it! But what a measly discount...like 10%???? WTF

"

Right?! That’s not a lot! Even with a discount code, tickets are well outside of my budget. Hopefully prices drop a little after previews begin next week. Or rush becomes an option 

Sho-Tunes-R-Us Profile Photo
Sho-Tunes-R-Us
#17Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/19/23 at 10:03pm

The mailer code SBDM621 I used for 10/4 matinee was good. Left Orchestra, Row N, seat 1 for $104.  Please try that for your date.  Good luck.

dramamama611
#18Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/20/23 at 8:03am

^I know you were trying to be helpful, and I thank you...but 

1. The problem has been fixed - someone fixed it on telecharges end

2. The date I was writing about was the only date I needed/wanted

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#19Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/20/23 at 10:55am

dramamama611 said: "2. The date I was writing about was the only date I needed/wanted"

To be fair, he did say "please try that for YOUR date."

jagman1062 Profile Photo
jagman1062
#20Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/20/23 at 12:40pm

Were you able to finally get your tickets? If so, let us know your thoughts. 

dramamama611
#21Oddity for The Shark is Broken
Posted: 7/20/23 at 12:47pm

Sorry - that wasn't made clear.  Yes, front mezz - our favorite spot.

To JBH - I interpreted that post differently - but  see your point. 

Videos