News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwayjoe476

broadwayjoe476 Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwayjoe476
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Free Lombardi Tickets
 Dec 24 2010, 05:13:04 PM
I'll gladly take em off your hands... ill msg ya
Let's name some holiday-themed shows...!
 Nov 18 2010, 06:45:37 PM
A Christmas Carol, Scrooge?
Alan Menken confirms 'Aladdin' musical is underway!
 Nov 16 2010, 05:04:52 PM
Although Lea Salonga is to old to play Jasmine now beautywickedlover, Did anyone consider Charice for the role? She's definatly got the vocals and would do a kick ass job on "A Whole New World"! Besides the fact that she has the right look and height for Jasmine. I'm just saying...
There is so much they can do with make-up for Aladdin, just finding a dark hair'd athletic guy with good vocals is the key.

re: My thoughts on the new cast of 'Poppins' and 'Playing The Game'
 Oct 17 2009, 11:07:00 AM
Im prolly gonna get torn apart for asking this, but is she better than Ashley? (seriously)

re: DC RAGTIME
 Jul 3 2009, 10:21:58 PM
DC Ragtime running time was 3hrs 15 mins.
re: Why does Playbill cover art go from color to black and white?
 May 13 2009, 10:47:19 AM
HotJohn: Your theatre programmes also include alot more than advertising, ie. pictures of the production and such, and interviews of the cast, etc. So I can see why the west end makes you pay for them.

And it really comes down to the almighty dollar. That's pretty much it.
Wicked has stayed in color for the entire run. Other shows like Disney shows as well. I only really see the shows that are selling out week after week staying in color, but thats my opinion.

re: Shrek? Could it?
 May 13 2009, 10:42:23 AM
If anyone has actually seen Shrek and seen Billy Elliot, and is well voiced in theatre... then there is no question in mind who is going to win, or who deserves to win the tony.
re: Wicked the Movie- Who should be in the cast
 Mar 15 2009, 10:19:24 AM
what about Iwan Mcgregor as Fiyero, and Carol Channing as Madame Morrible (she's the best by far).
re: Virgin Megastore to Close Union Store Location in May
 Feb 28 2009, 10:15:08 AM
I don't know if this is true, but I heard from a reliable resource that the Disney Store is moving it's location from 5th avenue into the old Virgin Megastore location in Times Square. It makes sense that Disney would want to be in the center of the hub-bub of NYC... Forever 21?? I don't know about that, but im not saying my story is valid, since it's only hear say, but it makes way more sense
re: MOST stage time for an actor in a show?
 May 15 2008, 08:37:01 PM
Jane and Michael Banks in Mary Poppins, or even Bert and Mary.... Practically never leave the stage (or briefly)

Narrator in Joseph is onstage for most of the scenes, maybe not most time, but most scenes.

re: Famous people who you saw at a broadway show
 Apr 3 2008, 08:36:01 PM
Beyonce' at Aida
Jessica Simpson at Fiddler on the Roof
Leslie Segrete at Mary Poppins and Tarzan

re: Mary Poppins and Little Mermaid seating Q
 Mar 29 2008, 12:40:20 PM
Little Mermaid is a spectacle, from front row, you cannot enjoy the show as a whole. I have seen it 4 times now, and i much prefer with that particular show to be 10 rows center or front mezz. I usually always want front row, but little mermaid is a different story.
re: Mary Poppins and Little Mermaid seating Q
 Mar 28 2008, 09:34:50 PM
Row K in the New Amsterdam for Poppins is the best seats in the house! They are "practically perfect" LOL. TLM and the Lunt Fontanne theater is small so get something in the center or on the isle and back about 10 rows cause of the high stage.
re: YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN On TDF- Many Dates Added
 Mar 28 2008, 09:30:12 PM
It has no needs to worry, i went 2 weeks ago and it is still selling out completely to a week day night performance 1 week before spring break. By the way Bigred3535 it is not the Hilton is no the biggest house on Broadway, it's the Gershwin by just a few seats.
re: First Broadway Show
 Feb 6 2008, 05:34:09 PM
42nd Street 2003!
re: 'bloopers on stage' stories?
 Oct 21 2007, 02:04:45 PM
Here's a couple:

At Wicked, near the end of the run of Shoshana Bean and Megan Hilty... David Ayers as Fiyero in the second act was supposed to say to Glinda "remember saving the Lion Cub" Instead of saying that he said "remember the Lion King"! Everyone broke out of character and was laughing. The audience was laughing for a good 5 minutes. No one could gain composure for about 5 minutes. I was followed by impromptu puns from there on out against David. Poor David, maybe next tim

MARY POPPINS Box seats @ Broadway
 Aug 15 2007, 06:02:51 PM
*Bump*

MP is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

Going for a 7th time tonight and a 8th time in December! Can't wait! Will post a review of the show tonight or tomorrow night!

Peace

re: How Are These Seats? (HELP WANTED)
 Aug 15 2007, 05:56:30 PM
not worth $350 I will tell ya that. I would get tickets a little further back in the Orch section Center and pay $120. That's my opinion, but who am i to tell you how to spend your money.
re: Lance Bass in Hairspray
 Aug 15 2007, 05:51:42 PM
Lance is still early in his run, although he needs to perk it up a bit for Corny. He was just alright and needs to get into the part more if he wants it to be believed. I saw the matinee today for the 5th Anniversary Celebration and he seemed to be happy to be in a show that was celebrating, but there was no celebration that should be happening on his behalf...
re: Happy 5th Anniversary Hairspray!
 Aug 15 2007, 05:46:27 PM
Happy 5th Hairspray!

Just saw the Matinee today and it was Absolutely AMAZING! One of the best shows i have seen of this production. Nikki Sclera is great, and puts her own spin on the part (im still partial to Diana Degarmo tho, she rocks my world); Lance Bass was just ok, like someone else said on the boards, the songs are re-written to fit his vocal range and kinda take away from the part of Corny. O well, he gave a hell of a job performance if i must say so myself, but it's still

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You