News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sideshow13

sideshow13 Profile Photo
Member Name: sideshow13
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Reviews For FANTASIA in COLOR PURPLE
 Apr 16 2007, 04:57:27 AM
This is in regards to the person who claimed that they lowered the high notes for Fantasia.

If you're talking about the high note when Celie sings "I'm gonna' SING out..." towards the end of "I'm Here", that's generally how the performer playing Celie sings it on stage. The high note that Lachanze sings was only on the recording...and Fantasia definitely sang it in the same key on Oprah AND American Idol.

re: Musicals in Which Nobody Dies
 Mar 18 2007, 12:41:42 AM
Malcolm's mother dies in THE FULL MONTY. That's why he sings "You Walk With Me"
re: Your Top 5 dream roles
 Oct 6 2006, 08:23:56 PM
Princeton/Rod-Avenue Q
Leaf Coneybear-The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Bobby-Company
Fabrizio-The Light In The Piazza
The Emcee-Cabaret

re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
 Sep 13 2006, 10:16:44 AM
I was in "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" and I dreamt that I missed my first cue and then didn't come onstage for any of my scenes.

I also dreamt that I went to go see "Wicked" and my younger brother was playing Elphaba (right...) and I was sitting indian-style on stage while he was singing "No Good Deed"

re: Sunday in the Park with George...
 Sep 12 2006, 10:06:25 AM
"Children and Art"=GENIUS
re: Ana Gasteyer Joins Broadway's Wicked for 13 Weeks, Starts Oct 10
 Sep 1 2006, 10:32:54 AM
Ahhhhh! I'm moving to NY the same week she begins her run! I am BEYOND excited that she'll be my first Elphaba!
re: Songs With the Same Name
 Aug 29 2006, 07:04:21 PM
"Home"-The Wiz
"Home"-Beauty and the Beast
"Home"-Piece the Musical

re: Broadway for Halloween
 Aug 29 2006, 03:13:53 PM
My junior year I went as The Phantom for Halloween. It was fun and everyone really liked it, but putting on all that makeup was NOT PLEASANT...I lost half of an eyebrow trying to take it off!

This year I had planned on going as "Where's Waldo", but if that doesn't work out, I'm dressing up as Leaf Coneybear from Spelling Bee

Worst. Lyrics. EVER.
 Aug 28 2006, 04:10:56 PM
Producer2
Kiss Me Kate-"Gone with the wind" as "wind" is pronounced like "wind a watch"

Cole Porter actually meant for this to be a joke about Shakespeare's questionable rhyming and accenting of words. It is also apparent in "I Hate Men" when Kate rhymes "brassy" with "democracy"

iheartgeek
Wicked-"I wasn't born for the rose and the pearl"

This line wasn't written only for rhyming purposes (although it would sound that way at first) It means that

re: Any news on the AIDA TOUR!!!
 Aug 24 2006, 06:09:51 PM
"The highest price over in NJ was $65 which is what I paid for orchestra seats.. i think the lowest was 40ish but I could be wrong"

Thanks! At least that gives me an idea of what they may cost

:)

re: My thoughts on A CHORUS LINE in SF (8.23.06)
 Aug 24 2006, 04:34:20 PM
"Chryssie Whitehead finds new and unexpected hilarity as tone deaf Kristine"

I love Chryssie! She was my ballet and jazz teacher at school and she is one of the most beautiful and inspirational people I've ever met! I'm so happy she's doing this!

Great review!

re: If you could have been there in the past, what performers/performances
 Aug 24 2006, 04:11:46 PM
OBC:
"Dreamgirls"
"Sunday in the Park with George"
"Carrie"
"Rent"
"La Cage Aux Folles"
"Once on this Island"
"Evita"
"West Side Story"
"Gypsy"
"The Wiz"
"Little Shop of Horrors"

"Cabaret" with Alan Cumming and Natasha Richardson
"Man of La Mancha" with Brian Stokes Mitchell
"You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown!" with Anthony Rapp
"Candide" with Kristin Chenoweth and Patti Lupone
"Wicked" with Shoshana Bean and Megan Hilty

re: Any news on the AIDA TOUR!!!
 Aug 24 2006, 01:57:44 PM
This sounds awesome...I frickin' love AIDA. Does anyone know much tickets normally cost for something like this?
Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Aug 23 2006, 03:46:45 PM
I hate "Les Miserables"...

Ok, no, I don't "hate" it...

I just have such a strong dislike for it and woudn't mind if I never heard about it again...

*Edit* I feel the EXACT same way about Andrew Lloyd Webber...

:)

re: Most Unprofessional Thing You've Ever Witnessed During a Performance?
 Aug 22 2006, 06:11:09 PM
We did "Evita" my junior year of high school and our director had said before the run "If you don't put your props/costumes away, I'm taking them and locking them in my office." Well, the guy playing Peron didn't really pay attention and his costume was taken away the second night of the run, so we were running around trying to find a costume for him in that entire hour before places! AND THEN HE DID IT AGAIN THE NEXT NIGHT!

However, it was kinda' funny to see Peron in a BRIGHT RED bow

re: The Full Monty
 Aug 22 2006, 03:00:12 PM
Hahaha...I'm doing this show right now! I was originally cast as Ethan, but the guy playing Malcom dropped out, so I took over his part...fun show!

p.s. Horse never actually "shows" anyone his thingy, it's only implied in his song "Big Black Man"

re: Your 'How do they do that?!' moments
 Aug 21 2006, 03:09:26 PM
"wait... the witch and the Beast transformations? Those are so lame and tacky. The witch, you could easily tell and that beast tranformation looks like a corny 80s rock concert. So pathetic."

Hmmm...

Negativity breeds lonliness, dude...

...just wanted to put that out there...

re: The new and improved Broadway name game
 Aug 21 2006, 03:03:33 PM
You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown!
re: Your 'How do they do that?!' moments
 Aug 21 2006, 12:30:44 PM
"There is a remote for the Dot's dress to open and close. George attaches the dress with a thin pole into the floor while he's adjusting Dot's hands so the dress won't fall over."

Just to clarify a little, Dot's dress in "Sunday...with George" has tiny little tubes that, when turned on from off stage, air flows through them and allows the dress to open up. It's a really cool effect. My drama teacher knew the guy who helped design that and he called it something I can't remember.

re: Big Baritone Belting Songs?
 Aug 21 2006, 12:20:09 PM
I'm a baritone as well , so I'm always trying to find good songs, too. :)

Hope these help a little!

"Being Alive"-Company (this one is printed in different keys, so the highest notes can be anywhere from something like an E or an F, to an A)

"The Impossible Dream"-Man of La Mancha (This one usually goes to an F, occasionally higher depending on the sheet music)

"Purpose"-Avenue Q (pretty sure this one goes up to an F)

"Bob's Bedroom Aria"-The Old Mai

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You