Dreams About Musicals/Plays

Emcee4ever
#0Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 3:30pm

Usually I dream that I'm the Emcee in a high school production of Cabaret. I always wake up before the Finale, though. Dreams About Musicals/Plays

But last night I had a very disturbing Wicked dream. I can't tell you what it is because it's very disturbing.

Anyone else ever had dreams about musicals or plays?

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#1re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 3:36pm

I think I have dreamed that I was in The Woman in White once. London Sequence. Very fun! re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

OOTI2004 Profile Photo
OOTI2004
#2re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 4:28pm

I had a dream about an Aida revival, in which the staging was done by John Doyle (the whole actors playing instruments), and everyone came out with little synthesizers. It was disturbing, yet entertaining.

saschasf
#3re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 8:22pm

I had a dream where I went to the Rent 10. Two days later I found out I wwas going! I've had dreams about broadway stars, well mainly one, but I don't know if that counts. I have had dreams where I got really far in American Idol!

bwayondabrain
#4re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 8:26pm

i've had a couple dreams about musicals before, but dont remember them

my sister had a dream Idina was a bus driver, though...

WiiCKED x3
#5re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 8:31pm

^ Haha, that's so funny!

I had a dream about being in DRS, my whole dream was me sitting on stage doing nothing during the overture. Then I woke up. My dreams are pretty weird.

matt schneider
#6re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 9:06pm

Before I went to new york I hade many dreams of how I excpected the musicals I was going to see were going to be like. I was pretty wrong, and pleasently wrong.

The bushes of Tex were nervous recks because their son was dim, But look what happened to him~Dirrty Rotten Scoundrels~all about Ruprecht They say the thoughtful musicals dead on broadway~forbiden broadway : SVU~The crime scene Never say never, there's always one more person you can hit up~avenue Q.~the money song Life sucks, get a pacifyer~my own saying

bwayondabrain
#7re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 9:12pm

Wow, just has a flashback dream from a few years ago

I had a dream that I had cancer, and the Make A Wish foundation let me be in THE LION KING for one night as Young Simba. I got out there and didnt know what the heck to do, but it was fun anyways.

Yeah.

aspiringactress Profile Photo
aspiringactress
#8re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 9:16pm

Sometimes dream up my own stagings of things. It's fun considering I eventually want to direct, and I write it all down in the morning, and scetch sets and lighting and stuff. I feel productive around-the-clock. Lol.

"We don't value the lily less for not being made of flint and built to last. Life's bounty is in it's flow, later is too late. Where is the song when it's been sung, the dance when it's been danced? It's only we humans who want to own the future too." - Tom Stoppard, Shipwreck

mustard
#10re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 10:06pm

I dreamed that I was Audrey in Little Shop, but I didn't know any of the lines or songs, so I was improvising the whole thing. I had a similar dream about being onstage with the Indigo Girls and having to improvise guitar parts because I didn't know the music.

Ugh. Now that I think about it, I had a Guns n Roses dram like that, too. I was the solo guitar on Patience and had to make something up.

Recurring thing, I guess!! At least I always seem to pull it off.

Isabella2
#11re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 10:49pm

i wanna hear the wicked dream.

rosekwbp Profile Photo
rosekwbp
#12re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 10:54pm

I had a really funny dream about Gypsy.

iluvtheatertrash
#13re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 11:07pm

First time I ever saw RENT I dreamed I got cast as Angel. I dreamt the entire casting process. But it's ironic because I'm very white and totally wrong for the role. Next morning, I woke up, ran downstairs screaming I'm gonna miss my train, I'll miss curtain, where's my costume?

It was that real.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#14re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 11:10pm

I had a dream that I was the director of the Wicked movie. The first scene was Elphaba being born, full grown and in a bubble. Then, she just ran around for the rest of the movie. There was no Glinda.

Strangest dream of my life.

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

harris007 Profile Photo
harris007
#15re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/12/06 at 11:21pm

every show i've been ina had nightmare about it
some were

joesph-i was in my act 2 costume in act one

city of angels-in my color costume in b/w scene

once upon a mattress- my magic tricks didnt work

Attend the tale of Bovine Boy His party threads we all enjoy But does he have Mad Cow Disease? He doesn't eat beef - but cows skating? - oh please!!! With cocoa!?! And lemonade!?! The heifer-mad poster of Broadway (World)

sideshow13 Profile Photo
sideshow13
#16re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/13/06 at 10:16am

I was in "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" and I dreamt that I missed my first cue and then didn't come onstage for any of my scenes.

I also dreamt that I went to go see "Wicked" and my younger brother was playing Elphaba (right...) and I was sitting indian-style on stage while he was singing "No Good Deed"

que pasa calabaza...

#17re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/13/06 at 12:55pm

I had a dream that when I went to see The Wedding Singer, these circus perfomers were there and they were being very loud and I couldnt hear. Then I went to go buy a t-shirt and I needed 20 more dollars and I walked around asking people and I finally asked Stephen Lynch for money and he gave to me.

Emcee4ever
#18re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/13/06 at 3:26pm

Ok, ok. The Wicked dream involved the Wizard trying to seduce Elphaba. As in romantically. When that didn't work he tried to force himself on her.

I TOLD you it was disturbing.

bwayondabrain
#19re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/13/06 at 4:03pm

that is hilarious emcee!!! re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
i wish my dreams were that interesting...
:P

Emcee4ever
#20re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/17/06 at 7:54pm

It wasn't interesting. It was creepy. I remember this distinct part where he kissed her leg and slowly worked his way up to her lips.

parislover87 Profile Photo
parislover87
#21re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/17/06 at 10:55pm

does dreaming about waking up beside josh strickland count as a dream about a musical... because i'd be guilty as charged.......

It's the music and I'm its hapless victim

broadway_freak2
#22re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/17/06 at 11:04pm

I had a dream about Sweeney and a certain actor in the revival. It was quite interesting...

justagirl2 Profile Photo
justagirl2
#23re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 9/17/06 at 11:33pm

I had a dream that I was assistant directing Batman: The Musical, and our Robin quit opening night. Therefore I had to be Robin, and I had to learn all the lines and songs in 5 minutes, and make myself look and sound like a guy.

Updated On: 11/26/06 at 11:33 PM

Mattbrain
#24re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 10/7/06 at 3:05pm

I had a dream once where I was in a production of Kiss Me Kate (I was the lead.) I was not ready at all for the Taming of the Shrew scenes (I'm terrible at memorizing Shakespeare) and I was mere seconds from going onstage.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

bwaylvsong
#25re: Dreams About Musicals/Plays
Posted: 10/7/06 at 3:12pm

Yay! A dream about"KM,K"!

Videos