pixeltracker

Most Unprofessional Thing You've Ever Witnessed During a Performance?

Most Unprofessional Thing You've Ever Witnessed During a Performance?

ToBeingAnUsForOnce Profile Photo
ToBeingAnUsForOnce
#26re: Most Unprofessional Thing You've Ever Witnessed During a Performance?
Posted: 1/1/06 at 5:09pm

It seems like a lot of people are stoned in your stories lol.

In a prodiction of Bye Bye Birdie that I was in (I played Rosie), a boy on stage forgot a line and stood there completely blank, and no one was saying anything to cover it up, so the assistant director, who stands right behind the curtain back stage, whispered out his line, and then he turned around to face her and whispered very loudly, "I SAID that already!" I wanted to smack him.

When I was in grade 5 my French class did a little play about the circus, and 2 girls in the class painted very nice circus backdrops on brown paper that were propped up against some ladders. We were told many times by the teacher to always be quiet and not stomp around backstage, but a girl was running around and banged into a ladder. The ladder fell down, just missing some other kids, and the entire backdrop fell down. The ENTIRE thing. And everyone laughed. I wanted to cry.

AngActing Profile Photo
AngActing
#73re: Most Unprofessional Thing You've Ever Witnessed During a Performance?
Posted: 8/10/06 at 9:23pm

Well, it was community theatre in the case of the groping . . .and he didn't do it until we were in full production; thus, I guess they couldn't told him to leave the production. But, we would've lost four people from the show as his family, wife, son and daughter, would've probably had gone with him!

Love and Stage Lights, Angela Theresa

sideshow13 Profile Photo
sideshow13
#78re: Most Unprofessional Thing You've Ever Witnessed During a Performance?
Posted: 8/22/06 at 6:11pm

We did "Evita" my junior year of high school and our director had said before the run "If you don't put your props/costumes away, I'm taking them and locking them in my office." Well, the guy playing Peron didn't really pay attention and his costume was taken away the second night of the run, so we were running around trying to find a costume for him in that entire hour before places! AND THEN HE DID IT AGAIN THE NEXT NIGHT!

However, it was kinda' funny to see Peron in a BRIGHT RED bowtie.re: Most Unprofessional Thing You've Ever Witnessed During a Performance?

I also did "West Side Story" at a community theatre in town and we did a 4 AM preview (ahhhh!) on the early morning news, and during warm-ups, the guy playing Tony had a fit and walked out because he thought his voice sounded like sh!t. And then, the night after we opened he got beyond wasted at the first of several cast parties and LOST HIS VOICE. They had to transpose the score for him and everything! And THEN, he didn't show up for the cast picture because he fell asleep! Our directors were BEYOND pissed and asked him to step down from the role for the next weekend and had his understudy go on, instead.

que pasa calabaza...

Cruel_Sandwich
#110Most Unprofessional Thing You've Ever Witnessed During a Performance?
Posted: 7/29/07 at 2:40am

Wow, that sounds awful! *hugs*

Videos