The Full Monty

??
#0The Full Monty
Posted: 8/22/06 at 12:56am

Hello,

Question about this show. Can someone tell me about the character of Ethan, how much nudity etc. I know he is a real live "horse" but am wondering if he shows it to the audience before the final scene. thanks.

IssaMe
#1re: The Full Monty
Posted: 8/22/06 at 9:30am

No, he only "shows it" to other cast members in the audition scene - hence, he gets a place in the group despite his lack of other talents. The audience really doesn't get to see this particular "talent" unless the lighting effect fails at the very end of the show... or an adventuresome director stages it somewhat differently than usual (which has been known to happen).

camp_actor
#2re: The Full Monty
Posted: 8/22/06 at 9:46am

Question: Who played Ethan in the original cast?

IssaMe
#3re: The Full Monty
Posted: 8/22/06 at 12:43pm

Romain Fruge - in workshop, for California pre-Broadway tryout, and then on Broadway and eventually in London. The DEFINITIVE "Ethan"...he was instrumental in the creation of the role.

Bdwy24
#4re: The Full Monty
Posted: 8/22/06 at 12:56pm

The audience sees his ass when he shows the rest of the cast his "talent." This can be done with a flesh colored dance belt, so the cast doesn't really see it. Also, Ethan has no problem with dropping his pants or being naked. You must be very comfortable and very confident about your body if you're playing Ethan.

sideshow13 Profile Photo
sideshow13
#5re: The Full Monty
Posted: 8/22/06 at 3:00pm

Hahaha...I'm doing this show right now! I was originally cast as Ethan, but the guy playing Malcom dropped out, so I took over his part...fun show!

p.s. Horse never actually "shows" anyone his thingy, it's only implied in his song "Big Black Man"

que pasa calabaza...

Videos