News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for avab802

avab802 Profile Photo
Member Name: avab802
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets
 Jun 13 2016, 11:34:03 AM

I wonder if there were any tickets available to purchase at the box office this morning, if they were all released online last night & sold out. I just saw the show on 6/8 with tickets I bought at the box office the day after this block went on sale last September. I prefer to go to the box office to buy my theater tickets, but it seems like that's not possible for Hamilton any more unless a new block of tickets is released at a time that the box office is open.

I was able to g

re: RAGTIME sets a new standard for musical revivals
 Nov 11 2009, 10:59:12 PM
pushdabutton, I think you should go for Ragtime. I saw the original 11 years ago as well, but this production has a completely different feeling to it. I doubt you'll be disappointed.
re: RAGTIME sets a new standard for musical revivals
 Nov 11 2009, 10:56:32 PM
Dottie, I completely agree with your last statement. This show belongs in a smaller, more intimate house. The first time I saw the original production I was in the very last row of the balcony of the (then) Ford Center. Needless to say I couldn't see any facial expressions whatsoever. I still loved the show and was a sobbing mess by the end, but seeing the new production in a smaller house gave me a much greater connection to the characters.

AC, I agree with everything you said, with

re: Facebook & Celebrity Friends
 Nov 10 2009, 02:06:24 PM
For me, it started to feel a little "too much" when I logged on to my account and one of the first updates in my News Feed was, "Heidi Blickenstaff is now friends with Alice Ripley."

I got that one too, lol. I didn't find it to be "too much" though, just random/funny.

The best was when she asked me if I would call her on the phone next time I saw him so she could talk to him on the phone. WTF?

It cracks me up when I see people do this at the stage door, e

re: Please hand Christiane Noll the Tony NOW! Bettyboy's Theatre Trip 4/4-4
 Nov 9 2009, 03:25:18 PM
"INTERESTING. I felt kinda the opposite, like she made much more specific choices than many of her fellow actors and that she and "Mother's Younger Brother" were the standouts."

I felt the same way about Noll. Her "Mother" was much more dynamic than Mazzie's, in my opinion. Even without comparing her to Mazzie, I thought her portrayal was brilliant. She's the emotional heart of this Ragtime.

this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!
 Oct 20 2008, 02:31:32 PM
I'm "seen" at 0:59. I love this video so much, it makes me proud to be a fan of this show. Kudos to everyone who worked on this project, it turned out cramazing.

P.S. - Mindy's alive! I love it.

re: First show you saw alone..
 Oct 20 2008, 02:10:50 PM
The OBC of Ragtime, November 1998. I was visiting NYC with a group of my RENThead friends, and of course all they wanted to do was see RENT over and over. I really wanted to see Ragtime, but no one wanted to go with me, so I bought myself the cheapest ticket I could get. (I was also a poor college student at the time). I was all alone in the very last row of that barn of a theater but I loved every second of that show and was sobbing by the end. That still ranks as one of the best experiences I'
re: Any bad stage door behavior?
 Oct 20 2008, 02:06:07 PM
I've never seen anything really out there, but there are a couple general things I really hate.

#1 - Pushing/shoving/screaming. The stage door experience would be a lot more pleasant for everyone involved, the actors included, if people would just stand there & wait calmly. But large crowds incite fits of "Ohmigod, if I don't push my way to the front & scream, Susie Broadwaystar won't see me and I won't get her autograph! WAAHHH!"

#2 - People who hog the actors' time. This is

re: 'Pal Joey' $10 Access10 On Sale Now !
 Oct 17 2008, 03:00:09 PM
I've never bought HipTix tickets over the phone, just in person at the box office, but I've never been asked for ID. They just check that you are a registered HipTix member (for which you have to be 18-35). I've also never been IDed when entering the theater on show night.
re: HUNTER BELL & SUSAN BLACKWELL co-host Fri's AFTER PARTY
 Oct 15 2008, 03:54:52 PM
Can anyone who has been to this before tell me what it actually is? I read the blurb on the website, but it's unclear. Will they be performing, or just... hosting? Also, do they take reservations for this?

Oct 14 2008, 11:54:38 AM
Hey tossers! My friend and I started a little blog project, inspired by [title of show]. It's called "Inspiration Medley" - you might have seen Hunter's post about it on the [tos] blog a few days ago. Well, now that the pep rally has come and gone, we'd love to get more contributions for the blog and keep the [tos] love alive. Our goal for this is to create a place where tossers from all over the world can come together and share how [tos] has affected and inspired them, and maybe in turn we will inspire each other. We're looking for creative work - writing, art, videos - anything you have created or want to create to share how [tos] has inspired you. Or, if you don't want to create something yourself, feel free to read/watch other people's creations and comment!

Check out the blog at http://inspirationmedley.blogspot.com
Then send your contributions to us at: fandom101@gmail.com

Thanks, and [tos] forever! :)

re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
 Oct 13 2008, 04:37:20 PM
I just remembered this, and find it really funny.
Last night while I was waiting near the stage door, a woman and two teenage girls came up to us and asked us what everyone was waiting for. (This was after Jeff had come out and the crowd had gone ape**** screaming.) We started explaining that it was the closing night of a Broadway show, and one of the girls goes, "Is Tom Cruise coming out?" I think we all looked at her blankly, and then she said someone told them that Tom Cruise was coming

re: [Title of Show] Closing Performance
 Oct 13 2008, 10:02:44 AM
ps - does anyone remember word for word esque what Michael B. said at the end ? if so, please post!

I don't remember the whole thing, but I do remember him saying something like, "Whether you are a 15-year-old theater dork, a college kid, a housewife in Ohio, or an 83-time Broadway lighting designer (I'm talking to you, Ken Billington), don't be afraid. Don't be afraid to say what you believe in. Don't be afraid to dream."

That's all I can remember, but it was very touch

re: Best Stage Door Experiences
 Oct 8 2008, 05:27:14 PM
My best stage door experiences recently have been with the cast of [title of show]. They are all so kind and personable, it's a real pleasure to go to the stage door and speak with them.
The first time I went to the stage door (my second time seeing the show) my friends and I decided to cheer especially for Larry, because in the show he always talks about being excluded. The look on his face when he came out the door to people cheering for him was priceless. The whole cast are just great, d

Oct 8 2008, 05:19:51 PM
I saw the show in May and she was no longer in the Playbill at that point, so I'd guess she left some time in April.
re: Trent K. as Billy Elliot?
 Oct 8 2008, 03:31:12 PM
I hope they allow Trent to post his weekly performance schedule on his blog. I really want to see all three boys perform Billy, and that would make it somewhat easier to plan.
re: BILLY ELLIOT----THE NEXT BROADWAY HIT?
 Oct 6 2008, 05:03:55 PM
"I think Billy Elliot has a year or two at best in NY. The show deals heavily on the political and class systems in the U.K., as well as the miner's strike to such a degree that U.S. auds will be left scratching their heads."

Have you seen the show on Broadway? One would have to be quite dense not to understand what is happening. The video they play at the beginning of the show very clearly explains the situation of the miners and the political climate at the time. There is also an expl

re: Katie/Suri @ Little Mermaid
 Aug 7 2008, 04:24:02 PM
How old is this kid? Why would you take a 2(?) y/old to the theatre? Ridiculous.

My thoughts exactly. Although, when I saw Mermaid there was a family across the aisle from me who had two children - a little boy who could not have been older than 3, and an infant. Thankfully they were both quiet throughout the show (they were probably asleep), but seriously? A babysitter has to be cheaper than a Broadway ticket.

Aug 5 2008, 09:23:27 AM
Ah, thanks for letting us know! I hope it's available on NY1 On Demand, since I missed it last night.
 Aug 4 2008, 05:34:58 PM
Ok, so I have tickets to the show in August and I don't know much about it except for the fact that it's a musical about a musical. My mom and I bought tickets thinking it would be cute. Will we "get" the show? I've heard people who haven't followed [title of show] don't understand it. Convince me that I'll love it!

I knew very little about the show before I saw it, just the basic premise and that a lot of people love it. I had never heard any of the music, watched any of the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You