News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for yellibean2

yellibean2 Profile Photo
Member Name: yellibean2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Changes to Six School addition  Aug 24 2023, 01:41:16 PM

Do you mean Howard? I'm not sure what's objectionable about Parr's song...

One night in London: Cabaret, Guys and Dolls, or Operation Mincemeat?  Aug 22 2023, 10:41:30 AM

Update: I ended up getting tickets to Operation Mincemeat! I'm a little worried about how I'll feel the next day with so little sleep but I think it'll be worth it to see something brand new that feels uniquely British. I can't wait :)

One night in London: Cabaret, Guys and Dolls, or Operation Mincemeat?  Aug 20 2023, 10:14:06 AM

I do like ABBA and the show does sound cool - I think if I were in London for longer I would definitely consider it, but as is, I think I'll stick to one of these three. Still haven't decided which one, although I think I might be leaning towards Operation Mincemeat now. Who knows if that'll change tomorrow though...

One night in London: Cabaret, Guys and Dolls, or Operation Mincemeat?  Aug 16 2023, 04:33:47 PM

altonido - I'll be there in late October so unfortunately that's not an option (neither is Next to Normal for that matter). And I definitely agree that Cabaret might be worth seeing even though it is transferring - I don't go to New York that often and when I do I almost never get to see the hot ticket options, so this might be my only chance.

Thank you everyone for your help but I'm definitely still conflicted! Although now I'm maybe leaning slightly towards Cabare

One night in London: Cabaret, Guys and Dolls, or Operation Mincemeat?  Aug 16 2023, 10:41:42 AM

I'm really torn between these three. Guys and Dolls is the only one out of the three that has a matinee the day I'll be there which would probably be best for me schedule-wise since I have to leave at 5 the next morning to catch a flight. Everything about the production sounds amazing but I just really don't care much for the show itself. On the other hand, Cabaret is one of my all-time favorites but I've also seen it many times. Jake Shears will be in it when I go and I used

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Mar 21 2023, 12:15:51 PM

Ceej - I just sat front row when I won the lottery and you do have to look up the whole time (I'm 5'7 but it seemed like other people taller than me were also looking up), but you don't miss anything. If I could choose a seat I would probably go a few rows back, but it's an intimate story that does benefit from being up close. 

Our March trip to New York City  Mar 17 2023, 01:23:07 PM

Yep, it's still playing and I've never seen it, so I'm super stoked to finally get the chance to.

Update on my end: I got Shucked on Broadway Roulette for tonight and won the lottery for Kimberly Akimbo for tomorrow! Feeling like maybe I should also buy some scratch tickets with all the luck I've been having 😊

Our March trip to New York City  Mar 15 2023, 12:33:21 PM

I'm in a similar boat to some of the above posters - I'm going to be in New York this Friday through Monday and I haven't been since 2019, so I'd really like to load up on shows. On Friday I have a Broadway Roulette ticket, Saturday matinee I'm going to Leopoldstadt (my Broadway Roulette is musicals only, so I won't get that) and on Sunday night I'm going to Sleep No More. I'm going to wait until I find out what my Broadway Roulette show is to get tickets for S

After 40 Years, SHEAR MADNESS Will Close in Boston  Mar 13 2020, 06:37:38 PM

Wow, I would have thought it would be open forever

National Tours / Venues postponing or canceling stops due to CoronaVirus  Mar 13 2020, 06:36:01 PM

The Band's Visit has listed their March/early April performances as "postponed" and Broadway in Boston released a statement that anyone with tickets should hold on to them for now. I wonder if they're planning on coming back to the cities they missed at the end of their current run in the fall?

Worst Broadway Show of the Decade?  Dec 22 2019, 04:20:48 PM

First Date wasn't on the poll but that was, no exaggeration, the worst musical I've ever seen.

Dave Malloy's Moby Dick at A.R.T.  Dec 7 2019, 12:30:02 PM
Okay, I know this off-topic now but when I reply to this thread on my browser (Chrome), there's no + sign or smiley face anywhere...

Also, for folks who've seen it in the last few nights, what was the gist of Fedallah's monologue? I'm still trying to figure out if it's improvised and/or if it changes every night.

Dave Malloy's Moby Dick at A.R.T.  Dec 5 2019, 07:28:06 PM
Lot666 said: "yellibean2 said: "it was probably 10:45 when the damn creature "makes an appearance" (quotes very much emphasized here because in actuality, it doesn't)."

Would you please explain, in a Spoiler box, how this is realized in the show?

"

I'm feeling kind of dim right now because I really can't figure out how to put in a spoiler box. I've mostly posted on this board like 10 years ago and I don't think that was an opti

Dave Malloy's Moby Dick at A.R.T.  Dec 5 2019, 02:04:53 PM
Just saw it last night. Not totally sure I've processed everything about it, but here are some thoughts. A note that I've never read the novel and honestly seeing this didn't really give me a huge desire to do so. Some spoilers ahead.

-It's LONG. The second half (parts 3 and 4) especially. I appreciated the bathroom break after the first part and the second part is mostly funny and cute "Vaudeville" stuff so that part seems to go by fast too but man, I came back from intermission ready

Spongebob Tour Cast Rumor  Oct 24 2019, 03:56:52 PM
Anyone seen the tour lately? I won the lottery in Boston but when I click on the link to buy tickets it looks like virtually the entire theater is unsold...
Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 19 2018, 12:41:52 PM
bdboston said: "Thanks for your commentary, yellibean. I've been anxious to hear from folks who've seen the show more than once (I don't see it until next month). Did you feel, by comparing the two performances you saw, that they are actually using this preview/pre-B'way period to make significant changes or re-work some things (more than you mentioned)? Has the running timebeen trimmed at all? Looking forward to this!"

No, besides Roxanne I didn't n

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 19 2018, 11:56:04 AM
Went last night again and overall I think I enjoyed it even more! I loved being closer and getting to see everyone's facial expressions. Definitely agree about the lack of leg room - I'm 5'7 and my knees were pretty much lodged into the seat in front of me for the whole show. While it's not a small theater by any means, the orchestra still feels intimate. I saw Sonya Tayeh in the audience. I didn't get to talk to her, but I do think she should be very proud and probably(/hopefully) has a Tony co
Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 17 2018, 01:26:10 PM
bwayrose7 said: "KatVer said: "A few tumblr reviews

http://transanabeth.tumblr.com/post/175933832883/moulin-rouge-matinee-july-14th-2018

http://whenyourfeetdonttouchtheground.tumblr.com/post/175971611523/thoughts-on-moulin-rouge
"

So according to that one, they've now switched the song that Satine sings to Christian at the end back to Come What May, like in the movie? Can anyone confirm?
"

As of Sunday, it was still Your Song.

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 14 2018, 10:51:51 PM
I ended up in Row J of the Dress Circle, all the way to the right. There was hardly anyone else sitting in my row though so I moved closer to the center where I had a full view of the stage, but it did still feel pretty far from the action. I was hoping based on previous lottery experiences that I'd get a seat in the orchestra, but now I'm more excited to see it this Wednesday in the Orchestra seat I had previously bought.

Overall my feelings are pretty in line with what others have sa

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 14 2018, 10:34:27 AM
Same question as millie_dillmount! Excited to see this a little earlier than expected.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You