News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BrdwayBaby

BrdwayBaby Profile Photo
Member Name: BrdwayBaby
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Plays with interesting/good structure
 Apr 2 2005, 10:15:03 PM
I would have to say the laramie project. i just finished reading it and it definitly is a moving peice, and also has an intersting structure and story behind how it came about. wouldn't be hard to write a paper on, but would still be interesting.
Belmont University
 Apr 2 2005, 10:05:45 PM
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about Belmont's musical theatre program. I'm looking at colleges, and that one came up. Thanks for any help!
re: john & jen - thoughts?
 Mar 22 2005, 11:35:12 AM
I really like John and Jen. I mean, yeah, I does have some songs that don't really work well, but then there are some that are great (ie, Run and Hide). I think it's a worthwhile show, and it has a good story. Definitly worth at least listening to.
re: Favorite 5 songs from one album
 Mar 18 2005, 11:38:33 PM
Children of Eden:
1)Spark of Creation
2)Wasteland
3)Lost in the Wilderness
4)Aint It Good
5)In Whatever Time We Have

The Wild Party:
1)Out of the Blue
2)Life of the Party
3)Juggernaught
4)Make Me Happy
5)Come With Me

re: Please help a white boy out......
 Mar 15 2005, 08:38:26 PM
i have unexpected song in a music book if you need me to look something up for you

re: Songs for 4 girls?
 Feb 25 2005, 09:30:02 AM
"broadway baby"-follies
"you're gonna love me"-dreamgirls
"a new life"-jekyll and hyde
"in LA" or "lets play a love scene"-Fame
"life of the party" or "look at me now"-the wild party
"all for you"-seussical
"somewhere thats green"-little shop of horrors
"spark of creation"-children of eden

re: Musical shows for high schools
 Feb 25 2005, 09:26:49 AM
look at on the town, footloose, children of eden, and bye bye birdie.
re: Beautiful Scores
 Feb 25 2005, 09:14:00 AM
i would have to agree. anything by wildhorn
re: funniest lyrics...
 Feb 21 2005, 10:58:17 AM
Millie-(in referance to Tom Sawyer) Was he sexy?
Trevor- He was a child!

Oh man..i think i was the only one in the theatre who truly appreciated that line.

re: ALTAR BOYZ
 Feb 19 2005, 01:14:37 PM
i absolutly love altar boyz. their web site is hilarious, as is their clip on broadway.com . They're supposed to be coming out w/ a cast recording sometime in march. cant wait! and i would have to agree with phnatom2 that luke is my favorite. i emailed him, and he wrote back almost at once, just as hilarious as i thought he'd be.
re: Male/Female duets
 Feb 6 2005, 09:49:12 AM
"sixteen going on seventeen"-the sound of music (if it fits your age)

"all for you"- songs for a new world

"all i ask of you"-phantom of the opera

"in whatever time we have"-children of eden

"old fashioned wedding"-annie get your gun (if you want something funnier)

re: HAIR - The Film
 Feb 6 2005, 09:45:44 AM
Hair is definitly one of my favorite movie musicals. I haven't seen it on stage, would really like to some time though. It really doesn't get the recognition that it deserves though.
re: Favorite Broadway Diva Song?
 Feb 6 2005, 12:32:02 AM
"Broadway Baby" from Follies...did i even need to say that?
re: Headshots
 Jan 30 2005, 09:18:35 PM
my headshot was actually taken by my dad on a digital camera in our front yard between two trees. weird, i know. i mean, it sounds like it should have turned out horribly, but it actually looks really nice. but that might have just been some freak of nature occurance.
re: Vibratto - I'm desperate
 Jan 30 2005, 07:50:33 PM
vibrato isnt necessarily the best thing in the world. the more you use it, the wider it gets, which gets obnoxious. plus, if you're singing in a choir or chorus it stands out and is hard to supress if you're trying to achieve it in the first place. it's something that comes natrually when your voice is getting closer to it's fully devoloped stage. if you cant produce a vibratto yet, don't worry about it. just keep doing whatever you're doing, and as your voice matures it should come along. but i
re: Miss Saigon---good musical??
 Jan 30 2005, 07:47:43 PM
i love miss saigon. the tour i saw was alright, but the music and the story behind it all is very moving.
re: A Bat Boy question
 Jan 30 2005, 04:11:57 PM
im pretty sure he had a shaved head. thats how he is in all the pictures i've seen, and im pretty sure thats how it is in the booklet in the front of the cast recording.
re: new musical...
 Jan 30 2005, 03:41:08 PM
hmmm...Newsies would be good on stage. The rest of them?? not so sure about that.
re: Julie Andrews
 Jan 30 2005, 03:12:43 PM
they are like calluses on your vocal folds. when you hear of people getting "nodes" this is what it means. nodules/calluses on your vocal foldes.
re: most touching moments in the theatre
 Jan 30 2005, 03:09:17 PM
most of children of eden....finale of Godspell just brings me to tears everytime I see it. Also, "How Did We Come To This" from The Wild Party. And...I know it's cheesy..but "Bring On Tommorow" from Fame makes me cry everytime I listen to it. Oh, and "I'd Give My Life For You" and "The Fall of Saigon" from Miss Saigon. Very Intense.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You