News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for west end artist1

west end artist1 Profile Photo
Member Name: west end artist1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: im a 26 year old west end performer who LOVES theatre.
ive been in fame,footloose,J C Superstar,Joseph,Beautifull game,grease,beautifull and the damned

i am in footloose at the novello at the mo

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: GUYS AND DOLLS in London
 Oct 8 2006, 04:32:52 AM
The new production of guys and dolls is jaw dropping and stands head and shoulders above the broadway revival in 1992.
The cast are exciting and the look of the show is awesome and a lot darker.
The havana section is wicked its one evryone should see.

Its closing soon in london but is also going out on national tour which is gonna be the second must see tour of the year(after the producers tour with mel brooks in it).

In my opinion Guys and Dolls is far better than Mary

re: Blast from the Past...STARLIGHT EXPRESS
 Oct 8 2006, 04:24:56 AM
I have to say that is shocked everyone here in the UK at how long it ran for here(something stupid like 15 years)because a lot of UK theatre goers hated it.

You guys got it sooooooooo right closing the shows so early in New York as it is an awfull show what relied on loud musical and OTT antics to get a reaction from the audience.

We have had the god awfull 3d touring production going round for a few years now but thats even worse.

Its time starlight is laid to rest on

re: Flops you love
 Oct 6 2006, 08:37:51 PM
carrie
good vibrations
taboo broadway
dance of the vampires
annie 2
bring back birdie
jailhouse rock

re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and gue
 Oct 6 2006, 08:15:52 PM
camp(big camp queen) director
re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and guess whos in it!!
 Oct 6 2006, 07:31:19 PM
hahah well mel brooks would prob say it anyway hehehe
re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and guess whos in it!!
 Oct 6 2006, 07:23:21 PM
well this is the odd thing

Peter Kay is more suited to the part of max due to him been the same build and having great comic abillity like nathan lane.

My freind at the palce says that they are all saying there that he could the part of the camp director.

who knows?

the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and guess whos in it!!
 Oct 6 2006, 07:15:36 PM
The first uk national tour of the producers will open in one of the best out of london venues the manchester palace theatre on the 11th of febuary.

They will be a huge launch party for the show to be held in manchester and i can confirm that peter kay(huge uk comic and actor) will be in the show.

The very exciting news though is yet to be 100 percent confirmed as they are in final talks but as my freind said at the palace ITS IN THE BAG and that is that MEL BROOKS will also be

re: Charlotte d'Amboise Love and Admiration Thread!
 Oct 5 2006, 08:21:49 PM
amazing love her

She almost stole the show in carrie

re: Footloose the musical The UK Production
 Oct 3 2006, 12:09:54 AM
We are having to close because the only theatre we could get when we went in to London was the Novello and that was booked out to the rsc in november.
Our producers tried so hard to search for a new home after november but there were no theatres free so we are having to close whilst we are doing great buisness.

The show is going out on its 3rd uk tour from febuary with pretty much a new cast but they are saying that the show will go back in to London next year.

Our audienc

re: Footloose the musical The UK Production
 Oct 2 2006, 09:03:18 PM
Well fingers crossed that you get to see our ace UK version(so sad to be closing in november)

xx

re: Post your favorite marquees!
 Oct 2 2006, 12:47:54 AM
yeeeeeeah keep this thread going im loving the pics

So glad there is a link to the pic of our footloose one on here

re: Alternate Titles for Popular Musicals
 Oct 2 2006, 12:17:41 AM
Not a popular hit but

Carrie the musical- Hey look what i can do
Theatre Of Blood
Bloody Prom Night
Here Piggy,Piggy,Piggy
Red is so not my Color
Monthly the musical
Im a woman now

Wedding Singer -shoulder pads and mullets

Miss Saigon Whore does good

Dirty Dancing - Cash In The Musical Whats Not Real

Footloose the musical The UK Production
 Oct 1 2006, 09:43:40 PM
The hugely succesfull UK production of Footloose could be heading over to the states for a full US Tour.
The UK production has been such a huge hit in london and on tour that the american producers of Footloose want to take the UK version around the states.

The UK production is set very different to the version that opened and ran for over 700 performance's on Broadway and the choreography has also been highly praised.

Songs in the Broadway production such as Lets make beli

re: Well most UK critics HATE Wicked
 Oct 1 2006, 09:34:07 PM
The Gaurdian review

Friends of Dorothy may be diverted by this musical prequel to The Wizard of Oz. But, although it has been a hit in New York, it seems all too typical of the modern Broadway musical: efficient, knowing and highly professional but more like a piece of industrial product than something that genuinely touches the heart or mind.
Winnie Holzman's crowded book is itself based on a novel by Gregory Maguire that imagines the prehistory of both the Wicked and Good Witches.

Oct 1 2006, 09:21:51 PM

Variety

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That, largely speaking, appears to be the mantra behind the London production of Broadway's celebrated record-breaker "Wicked." There have been tiny tweaks to Winnie Holzman's book, but the only people likely to notice are the show's devoted fans. Many were at opening night, screaming with happiness the moment the lights went down. But will this supremely American show make fans out of Brits not already in the know?
In t

Oct 1 2006, 09:13:15 PM
The stage review

Stephen Schwartz’s score, arguably his best so far, is an ebullient mix of grandiose anthems and lyrical ballads while Winnie Holzman’s book expertly blends fairytale whimsy with broad moral issues. Much of the appeal of the story is our recognition of so many memorable characters, and designer Eugene Lee ensures that the Oz we see on stage is nothing too unrecognisable, although with a whole Act I finale dedicated to Elphaba’s Defying Gravity, the flight sequence is wo

Well most UK critics HATE Wicked
 Oct 1 2006, 12:00:45 PM
The reviews here in the UK have not been kind to the green one im afraid.One critic gave it 0 stars out of 5 ouch.It's a shame because it's such a fun show and im quite angry with the critics because they seem to be bashing it because its a well hyped show(our critics are normally more diplomatic in there reviews).

This wont effect it's run here at all though(our critics dont have the power to close shows,the audience make up it's own minds)and so far the audience are loving it.

re: So It's Come To This - Showgirls: The Musical
 Sep 22 2006, 10:12:12 PM
This is so funny

A company in the UK were talking about doing a production of showgirls on stage as a musical a few years ago and i was crushed when it diddnt happen.

I think this would be so much fun as long as they remember what made the movie soooo good was that it was sooooooo bad.

God bless elizabeth berkley's acting

re: Love is what we do! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread.
 Sep 18 2006, 11:56:19 PM
oooooops who eber i just upset SORRY
re: MARIA CHOSEN AS EXPECTED
 Sep 18 2006, 11:24:00 PM
The show in Manchester you are refering to was sex chips and rock and roll.
Emma was also in the uk production of Batboy and has had some fantastic reviews for her work.

As far as i know(coming from emmas mouth)she will def do 2 shows a week and has been told that she will take over the roll in 6 months(subject to change).

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You