pixeltracker

the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and guess whos in it!!

the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and guess whos in it!!

west end artist1 Profile Photo
west end artist1
#0the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and guess whos in it!!
Posted: 10/6/06 at 7:15pm

The first uk national tour of the producers will open in one of the best out of london venues the manchester palace theatre on the 11th of febuary.

They will be a huge launch party for the show to be held in manchester and i can confirm that peter kay(huge uk comic and actor) will be in the show.

The very exciting news though is yet to be 100 percent confirmed as they are in final talks but as my freind said at the palace ITS IN THE BAG and that is that MEL BROOKS will also be starring in the show YES MEL BROOKS.

As i say kay is 100percent and Mel is 99percent as it stands at the moment and the official announcment will be made in november.

The touring set will also be the original London set and it will play at the manchester palace for 3 months which will be the only venue mel brooks does and only one of 2 venues peter kay will do(he will do blackpool to)

The tour has been very last muinite and the palace have been waiting for confomation of the tour for 3 months but they finally got it this week.
The show confirmed so late that it missed the cut off to be advertised in the palace theatre's new brouchure so the show is doing a huge advertising run in manchester.

The palace always gets the best shows and stars but this is a HUGE one for them(so much show that its sister theatre what is housing the guys and dolls tour at the same time is worried it will affect that show).

so there you have it

peter kay confirmed and mel brooks 99 percent confirmed

ps sorry for the spelling mistakes i was a bit rushed,just wanted to get this info to you

west end artist1
#2re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and guess whos in it!!
Posted: 10/6/06 at 7:23pm

well this is the odd thing

Peter Kay is more suited to the part of max due to him been the same build and having great comic abillity like nathan lane.

My freind at the palce says that they are all saying there that he could the part of the camp director.

who knows?

#3re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and guess whos in it!!
Posted: 10/6/06 at 7:28pm

Pseudo-threadjack: You know at the beginning where Max is going through his bureau for pictures of Hold Me Touch Me, Kiss Me Feel Me, Lick Me Bite Me, etc.?

He begins to say "Suck Me F*CK Me." I think Suck Me F*CK Me should be added in just for Mr. Brooks.

west end artist1
#4re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and guess whos in it!!
Posted: 10/6/06 at 7:31pm

hahah well mel brooks would prob say it anyway hehehe

NathanLaneStalker
#5re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and guess whos in it!!
Posted: 10/6/06 at 7:47pm

Really!?! Wow! I always said he could play Bialy!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

neddyfrank2
#6re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and gue
Posted: 10/6/06 at 7:57pm

My freind at the palce says that they are all saying there that he could the part of the camp director.

There is no camp director in The Producers?

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#7re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and gue
Posted: 10/6/06 at 7:58pm

"Camp" meaning over-the-top, flamboyant.

west end artist1
#8re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and gue
Posted: 10/6/06 at 8:15pm

camp(big camp queen) director

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#9re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and gue
Posted: 10/7/06 at 2:30am

wow, that would really something to have mel actually perform in the show. i don't know we've anything about that here in the states. the show just landed in las vegas, i would think that would be more suited for mel since it's closer to home.

as for peter kay, that's too funny. i know a little about him from reading "heat" and he seems to be quite a character.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#11re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and gue
Posted: 10/7/06 at 4:36am

this sounds awesome! I hope I could catch it!
Peter Kay as Bialy & Mel Brooks as Bloom WOW!

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

Mattbrain
#12re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and gue
Posted: 10/7/06 at 7:00am

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

leefowler
#13re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and gue
Posted: 10/7/06 at 9:50am

This is an absolute lie. Mel Brooks is NOT going to play Max in a U.K. tour of The Producers. He's currently busy getting Young Frankenstein ready, and has no interest in performing at this point in his life. And he certainly doesn't need the money!

Dear God, the things you read on this board...

Behind the fake tinsel of Broadway is real tinsel.

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#14re: the first uk tour of the producers opens feb 11th in manchester and gue
Posted: 10/7/06 at 10:45am

If this is even true, Mel would play the Judge in the courtroom scene. He has said he wanted to play that role early on as a cameo.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

Videos