pixeltracker

Footloose the musical The UK Production

Footloose the musical The UK Production

west end artist1 Profile Photo
west end artist1
#0Footloose the musical The UK Production
Posted: 10/1/06 at 9:43pm

The hugely succesfull UK production of Footloose could be heading over to the states for a full US Tour.
The UK production has been such a huge hit in london and on tour that the american producers of Footloose want to take the UK version around the states.

The UK production is set very different to the version that opened and ran for over 700 performance's on Broadway and the choreography has also been highly praised.

Songs in the Broadway production such as Lets make belive we are in love,I confess and Dancing is not a Crime were all dropped in the uk production and song's like Holding Out For a Hero have been turned in to genuine show stoppers.

I really hope people in the states get to see our production so it will wipe away the badly staged Broadway production.

madison2
#1re: Footloose the musical The UK Production
Posted: 10/2/06 at 10:20am

Actually, the production now being done in the US has been rewritten as well. Dean Pitchford went back in a tried to fix some of the problems that the show had on Broadway including getting rid of the rap and putting in the mono from the movie, as well as taking out Lets Make Believe We're In Love and replacing it with an uptempo. There are other changes to the script as well including the opening Footloose. This is actually the version that you get now when you buy the rights to produce Footloose.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#2re: Footloose the musical The UK Production
Posted: 10/2/06 at 2:22pm

I loved the show on Broadway, I would be so happy if they brought it back to the US!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#3re: Footloose the musical The UK Production
Posted: 10/2/06 at 3:33pm

as long as they keep the shirtless guy on the posters for the US tour it will be just as successful as it was in the UK.

re: Footloose the musical The UK Production Updated On: 10/2/06 at 03:33 PM

RentBoy86
#4re: Footloose the musical The UK Production
Posted: 10/2/06 at 3:38pm

I would see it. It seems interesting. I liked "Can't Stand Still."

west end artist1
#5re: Footloose the musical The UK Production
Posted: 10/2/06 at 9:03pm

Well fingers crossed that you get to see our ace UK version(so sad to be closing in november)

xx

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#6re: Footloose the musical The UK Production
Posted: 10/2/06 at 9:44pm

So I take it, westendartist they could find a theatre for the transfer that was mooted?

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#7re: Footloose the musical The UK Production
Posted: 10/2/06 at 9:59pm

Not to completely change the subject of this thread, but by chance did anyone ever happen to see the national tour of "Footloose: On Ice" ? I saw it about five years ago at the Shubert Theatre in Boston, however I forget everything about it and was looking for more info on it. Google gave me nothing.

Also, why is the UK version closing if its so good? Not be sarcastic at all, it just doesnt seem to make any sense to me.

MrBundles Profile Photo
MrBundles
#8re: Footloose the musical The UK Production
Posted: 10/2/06 at 10:13pm

fantastic news! Footloose surprised me so much when I was in London over the summer....much better production than I was expecting. I had soo much fun!

Your fupa is showing.

west end artist1
#9re: Footloose the musical The UK Production
Posted: 10/3/06 at 12:09am

We are having to close because the only theatre we could get when we went in to London was the Novello and that was booked out to the rsc in november.
Our producers tried so hard to search for a new home after november but there were no theatres free so we are having to close whilst we are doing great buisness.

The show is going out on its 3rd uk tour from febuary with pretty much a new cast but they are saying that the show will go back in to London next year.

Our audience response has been amazing and many critics have really enjoyed the show so its a shame we couldnt find a new home(god damn daddy cool hehe)

xx

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#10re: Footloose the musical The UK Production
Posted: 10/3/06 at 2:56am

Did this Daddy Cool show that everyone was canning get good reviews?

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#11re: Footloose the musical The UK Production
Posted: 10/3/06 at 4:49am

Just to showe how perverse our critics can be, they preferred this tacky show to Wicked- which has it's faults but is entirely in a different league!

rikimuk
#12re: Footloose the musical The UK Production
Posted: 10/18/06 at 3:16pm

NOOOOOOOOOOO Keep the current cast. Pay them more so they will stay as this show is my favourite ever (and I have seen loads).

Videos