News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for #1CarrieFan

Member Name: #1CarrieFan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I'm 52 years old and was born in Bellingham, WA. I attended George Town University beginning in 1978. I lived in Washington DC/New York City/Rehobeth Beach, Delware for 21 years. I am a juvenile diabetic and am now blind and on kidney dialysis. All the years I lived on the East Coast I loved Broadway. My partner died in 1999 and it was in my best interest to return to Bellingham, WA where I currently live in an extended health care facility and am having a wonderful volunteer helping me set up this account. My partner's family was from Clifton, NJ and every month we would be up to the city at least two weekends a month and would do usually 4 shows a weekend. Several seasons we even were able to see every single show that opened on Broadway. Obviously I miss NYC and the theater community very, very much. We happen to be setting up this account on February 5th, which is the premiere of the second season of Smash, which I live vicariously through! I'm interested in any and all info on what all other theater fans have knowledge of to help keep me in the loop!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Which cast recording are you currently listening to on repeat?  Jul 31 2016, 04:07:36 PM

I never had listened to and didn't see the original The Color Purple. I cannot stop playing the revival cast of this show. It is absolutely exilerating and I never have dry eye at its conclusion. Kudos to this cast for introducing me to such a wonderful show!

What Broadway  Jul 31 2016, 03:54:52 PM

In no particular order: Parade, B. C., Bridges of MC, Carrie, Merrily we roll along.

Shuffle along...2016 cast album?  Jul 31 2016, 03:48:40 PM

I am going to give this another try! Has anybody heard any facts, innuendos and/or rumors about this cast making an original cast album? Previously when I did this post somebody suggested that Nonesuch Records was going to do a recording but I recieved a note from them this past week that said such a recording session was NOT on their schedule. If anybody knows anything let me know!

New cast recording of shuffle along....????  Jun 16 2016, 06:28:16 PM

so boardwayphiles what's the inside scoop of why I'm not hearing of  OBCR of Shuffle Along....??? Like a fool I got all excited when I saw "Shuffle" on Amazon right after opening night only to find out when the CD arrived that it was literally the original 1921 cast! With this show doing boffo why aren't those of us living in the hinterlands getting to find out how long we have to wait for the recording. 

Best Broadway Shows - ALL TIME  Jun 12 2016, 07:54:05 PM

In no particular order my top10 would have to include:

A Chorus Line

Company

Sunday in he Park with George

Anything Goes

My Fair Lady

City of Angels

Les Miserables

Rag Time

Show boat

On the 20th Cenrury

like previous responders my list could change daily depending on which cast albums I have listened to that day and the mood I am in!!!!!  Do I want to hear an upbeat show, something to sing along with o

Bright Star Appreciation Thread  Jun 5 2016, 04:37:13 PM

I had heard not positive things from theater goers who saw this show at the Kennedy Center. I went ahead and purchased the OCBR and have found my self listening over and over again to this wonderful story, cast and score. I'm rooting heavily for this one! 

What are the worst musicals you ever saw  Jun 5 2016, 04:23:07 PM

The worst musicals would be: Flash Dance, Chu Chem, Once. 

re: First Stage Door Experience  May 15 2016, 04:14:06 PM

While it was not my first time stage door the most memorable stage door was when I brought my ten year old niece who was from Seattle to see the revival of The King and I with Lue Diamond Phillips. My niece had never been to a Broadway show and she had a young girl crush on Phillips. When he came out the door he was extremely kind to my niece, spoke quite some time with her, autographed her playbill and allowed me to take a photo of the two of them. At age 31 she still has the framed playbill

2015-2016 Original Cast Recordings  May 13 2016, 12:37:31 PM

What is the word on the street of when the following cast recordings will be made and released. 

Obviously Waitress and Shuffle Along with be made, do you guys think the American cast of American Psycho and the new show Tuckeverlasting stand a chance of being made??

Your thoughts and insights would be greatly appreciated.

An update on the next Broadway season  Apr 24 2016, 07:36:36 PM

We had fun when I did a similar posting about one month ago, thanks for all of your responses and input. Let's take another look at what's going to be happening in the new season. Looking forward to your feedback!

Let's start off by assuming these shows and there venues are not going to change:

• Waitress @ Brooks Atkinson
  • School of Rock @ Winter Garden 
  • Fun Home @ Circle in the Square
  • Book of Mormon @ Eugene Neill
  • Wicked @ The
The 16-17 Season???  Mar 27 2016, 03:59:31 PM

I know I am starting this very early, BUT let's put our collective boardway minds at work and predict the future. Let's start off by assuming these shows and there venues are not going to change. 

The color purple @ Bernard B. Jacobs 

Waitress @ Brooks Atkinson 

School of Rock @ Winter Garden 

Fun Home @ Circle in the Square 

Book of Mormon @ Eugene O Neill 

Wicked @ The Gershwin 

Disaster!!!??????  Mar 13 2016, 04:21:35 PM

Living out here in the hinterlands I am no going to have an opportunity to get to NYC during the run of this fun sounding musical. With this stellar cast has anybody heard if there is going to be an OBC recording of the show. I'm hoping some of you guys can confirm this for me. 

Musicals That Were Ruined Between Their Tryouts and Broadway  Mar 6 2016, 04:01:09 PM

The show that comes to my mind right away is Triumph of Love. We saw it three times in Boltimore and twice stayed for the conversation with the creative team. Once it moved to NYC we were devistated to say the least from what was on stage. Who wasn't on stage for our performance and apparently for most of its very brief B,way run was Betty Buckley. I guess that should of been our que when Buckley jumped ship when the show moved to NYC. 

Current Dames at Sea CD  Nov 29 2015, 03:58:02 PM

I am extremely disappointed to hear about the post holiday closing of Dames. It is exciting that The Humans will be replacing Dames. I'm all for introducing this young playwright to Broadway. My big question, which I hope someone can answer, is will Dames have a new Broadway cast recording released?

Michael Bennett's Attempt to Fix  Nov 22 2015, 04:04:51 PM

I'm not quite sure if I'm feeling like one of the old fogie muppets that sit in the balcony, but how refreshing to come on the message board today and read something interesting and more enjoyable than the usual snark!

2015-16 Plays  Aug 13 2015, 08:58:37 PM

I would get tickets for The Noises Off comedy as soon as sales begin. If this holds any candle to the original Broadway production you will be in for a great treat. I am holding out for the West End reviews for The Father but I would almost see anything with Frank Langella whom they've announced for the Broadway run of at MTC.

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want  Aug 13 2015, 08:49:36 PM

Hands down my answer to this topic would be OBC recording of Carrie, with Linzie Hately and Betty Buckly. I swear you guys this as can Mandelbaun points out was a theatrical high. I also wish for recordings of The Three Penny Oprah with Sting, On A Clear Day You Can See Forever with Jesse and I remain a sucker wishing for the production of A Change In The Heir that took place at the old Edison Theater.

Who Deserves a Broadway House Named After Them?  Aug 2 2015, 03:57:45 PM

When I posted my previous message, I'm embarrassed that I left out one of my all-time favorite composers, who I feel would deserve a theater named after him: Cy Coleman.

Who Deserves a Broadway House Named After Them?  Jul 30 2015, 09:13:51 PM

What a great thread! Play write wise there is no question it could be Williams, or Miller. I think without a doubt that the Richard Rogers should become the RR and Oscar Hammerstein long long past due. It would be inspiring to enter a Comden and Green, a Cander and Ebb, and/or and Irving Berlin.

Which musical should Lincoln Center revive next?  Jul 30 2015, 08:50:42 PM

LCT has that magic touch that should only look at certain shows. My pipe dream choices would be Funny Girl, Dream Girls, Kiss Me Kate, Oh Kay, City of Angels, and possibly My Fair Lady, and Mame. Let's not please bring up the parenial revivals like Gypsy, The Sound Of Music, and West Side Story. Isn't Carosel coming in from Chicago?? I'm not sure that anyone will touch Hello Dolly while Carol Channing is still alive. Pearl Baily is already gone and I don't feel that anybody can currently recr

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You