News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for martinsmithfan

Member Name: martinsmithfan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024-2025 Touring Season
 May 8 2024, 11:16:05 AM

Does anybody have the early access or promo code for the PA academy of music shows? Been waiting to grab my Les Mis tickets and would love to be able to grab them now. Thanks!

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’
 Dec 13 2023, 02:55:26 PM

Per their instagrams:

For the January 17-February 7 block of shows, the role of Sweeney Todd will be played by Nicholas Christopher Wednesday thru Saturday, and Paul Jordan-Jansen will play Sweeney Todd on Sunday.

Jeanna de Waal will be playing Mrs. Lovett for all evening shows and Sundays, while Delaney Westfall will play the role for the matinees.

Won’t be surprised to see this on TDF for this entire duration, so very excited to get to see these pairings!

HARMONY previews
 Oct 26 2023, 07:34:48 AM

This show has been showing up on TDF intermittently so grabbed a ticket for tonight’s performance after seeing the initial positive reviews here. Still optimistic despite the slight shift in opinion recently haha. Haven’t had a good cry in the theatre since Phantom closed so wondering if that part will ring true for me.

Has anyone else here seen the show through TDF yet and can report on what kind of seats you got?

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Sep 26 2023, 01:38:13 PM

disregard!

Phantom Closing?
 Feb 16 2023, 07:20:20 AM

I'm planning to potentially make a trip to New York this Saturday to try for SRO for both the matinee and evening shows. Both shows are sold out on telecharge so I'm pretty sure it'll be entirely possible to get them.

I know I need to go to the physical box office, but does anyone have any insight into how fast SRO sells out? What time should I try and arrive? Its about a 90 minute drive to the train station, and another 30ish minutes to get to the city so I need to plan my

Phantom Closing?
 Feb 11 2023, 10:00:05 PM

I’m curious what everyone’s thoughts are on Ben Crawford’s Phantom?

Also,
Thank you everyone for all your replies and suggestions to help me with the dilemma I was in, it means a lot and was really helpful.

Very happy ending to this story, I was venting on the phone with my grandma about that performance I attended and what I was trying to plan to do for April 3—and she offered to cover the price of the ticket for April 3 as a gift.

Phantom Closing?
 Feb 9 2023, 11:11:55 PM

Phantour said: "I agree with this strategy! I have done it for friends who were looking for a specific date, but it was sold out. I kept looking and things would open up. This also worked for me for the anniversary performance. The night before I was in rear mezz and it wasn't the best experience so I didn't want to sit there again for the anniversary as I booked. I saw a side front orchestra seat open up the day of for $244 (a bargain with rear orchestra having seats at

Phantom Closing?
 Feb 9 2023, 10:32:45 AM

After trying for months to win the Phantom lottery, I finally won for the Tuesday show. Phantom was my first Broadway show and is one of my favorites, hadn't gotten to see it since 2018.

I can't afford the normal price tix so winning was a true blessing as it seemed that I would get my chance to see it one last time before it closed. I got second row, way on the right row BB, seat 14. But the seats were wonderful.

I was desperate to get Ted Keegan to be my last P

US National Tour of Les Miz starts October 2022
 Nov 12 2022, 04:57:27 AM

So I’m curious, have folks here gotten a chance to see this company and touring production yet? And if so what were your thoughts/feelings?

I’ve now seen it twice in Philadelphia, and have some mixed thoughts on a few things and am curious what other folks are feeling. 

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Jul 13 2022, 05:26:11 AM

I did a write up about this in the r/Broadway subreddit and it’s only kind of related but this situation with Beanie Feldstein and every surrounding her now cut short time with the show reminds me of when Martin Smith was brought in as the third principle Phantom in the West End production of POTO in 1989…you can read about that here if you like, it’s an interesting story and again shares some parallels with Beanie:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Broadway/comments/vx969c/beanie_feldsteins_situation_in_funny_girl_reminds/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Martin Smith & The Phantom of the Opera
 Mar 18 2017, 09:08:40 AM

I've spoken to people who recorded his performance and lost their tapes, as well as old collectors who had several tapes of his performance but are lost as to where they are now. So I know he was recorded in the role in some capacity.

He was in the London production but I wanted to be sure to cover all my bases.

Martin Smith & The Phantom of the Opera
 Mar 17 2017, 06:59:37 PM

Hi there, I'm the runner of a website dedicated to the memory of the late Martin Smith:

inmemoryofmartinsmith.weebly.com

I'm looking for information regarding Martin Smith's stint as The Phantom in Andrew Lloyd Webber's "The Phantom of the Opera". He played the role in October-November of 1989. It is famously said he wasn't at his best in the role but there's no clear reason as to why. I figured someone here must have seen him and can sh

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You