News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jast

Member Name: jast
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd'
 Feb 27 2024, 09:53:21 AM

Just curious if anyone has gotten tickets from TKTS and where they may be?  Going to see it in March and not sure  whether to buy ahead or wait til closer.  hard to imagine tickets getting snatched up at the top price.  or is box office the day of a better bet?  i am willing to pay for good closer seats but not 300 plus.  thanks for any information.

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 May 22 2023, 08:44:32 AM

I saw this on Saturday night. It was exceptional. I was in Center Orchestra Row B, and though the back stage was hard to see, as was their feet lol, it was a phenominal seat to see their faces and hear the orchestra throughout the show. Everyone was superb, and as the show neared its end, Mrs Lovett was not getting laughs but a sense of dread did creep into it all--very chilling.  I thought it was amazing. There was no "Break" in character during priest song as some have said.&

RIP, Barbara Bryne, who has died at 94
 May 3 2023, 01:03:05 PM

I got to see her in many productions at the Stratford Festival in Canada--a remarkable production of The Bacchae--and my first broadway show was Into The Woods where she made me laugh so much with her delivery--and whenever i see a production of ITW few laugh at some the lines she had the audience laughing and applauding, e.g. the Baker's Wife says "I don't have children" and she said "that's OK too"  and we all laughed and clapped.  I loved her.

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread
 Mar 29 2023, 12:46:06 PM

Marway44 said: "Actually sat in row B center orchestra. The seat was amazing to be that close to everyone and everything. No trouble seeing anything on the catwalk at all. It was just the end while they were on the floor (stage) but you know what’s going on and it didn’t last long. We did not have to crane our necks and we’re short. The sound was fine and the orchestra wasn’t overpowering then because we were in B. Lastly, no one tall can block you since the s

Mar 28 2023, 11:44:52 AM

Thanks for the insights

Mar 28 2023, 08:19:29 AM

Anyone ever sit in center Orchestra Row B?  I heard the stage is high.  is it a neck strain to sit there?

What would you see if you had a time machine and tickets to 3 shows?
 Jan 28 2020, 01:55:41 PM

Sweet Charity--Gwen Verdon

Sunday in the Park with George--Bernadette

Sweeney Todd-Angela Lansbury

SLAVA'S SNOWSHOW to Play Limited Engagement at the Sondheim
 Dec 18 2019, 10:55:15 AM

Has anyone gotten tickets from TDF for this?  where did you sit?

So is it okay for audience members to sing along during musicals?
 May 20 2019, 11:00:07 AM

Isn't it True That Bruce Springsteen would stop when he started a song, and if the audience started singing along, and say "I got this" ?  So i guess an announcement is the best way to go--even though often times some don't listen to the turn off cell phones etc. 

Your First Broadway Show!!!
 May 11 2019, 05:08:35 PM

Cow, witch, giant

HADESTOWN SEATING?
 Mar 31 2019, 09:13:38 AM

I was there last night (saturday) and was in 2nd row orchestra. On aisle. Needless to say it was perfect. Front row seats are not the high premium because stage is a bit higher and those sitting there were having to look up.  I imagine the view of feet was cut off.  2nd row saw feet but not stage floor.  So much us played to middle  hermes is mostly stage left when watching.  Orpheus mostly stage right.  Awesome show and was sold out. Noted in other thread but he

Waverly Gallery or The Ferryman?
 Jan 17 2019, 08:48:22 AM
Wick3 said: "I didnt realize Waverly was a revival! Then yes I think both plays have a good shot in their respective categories.
Just a note that Ferryman has extended to July but keep in mind the British/Irish cast is leaving Feb 17th and being replaced by mostly an American cast.
Waverley Gallery is easier to understand given the setting is in NYC and all of the characters speak with an American accent.
The Ferryman is set in Northern Ireland and though

The Ferryman seating question
 Dec 6 2018, 08:22:46 AM

Thank you for the insights. i figured on far right you might miss Aunt Pat but it makes sense that the upper staircase is blocked. great advice--as much as i loved row two i do believe a little distance by a couple of rows will help because the stage is so deep.  but i agree a great show and i am looking forward to seeing it again in February.

Dec 5 2018, 10:22:36 AM

Thanks JayElle--I agree with the lack of leg room.  I think the first row is a bit close. just wish they offered some of the center orchestra that is not premium. can't imagine they are sold out of those already.  wish i knew how to get some of those seats.  maybe they release them later.  anyone else sit house right near the wall  and what is the view?  Thanks again

Dec 4 2018, 12:36:33 PM

I got to see it last week and we sat 2nd row, house left and it was a great seat. the row just behind us was premium (we paid regular price) and there just can't be any difference--except they have to make some premium i guess.  I noticed all first row premium center orchestra are less than 2nd row premium orchestra.  I have a question--has anyone sat house right in front row (which are only 89.00) or further back but near the wall--all are slightly less than those closest

THE FERRYMAN Previews
 Oct 8 2018, 10:55:52 AM

Has anyone, by chance, sat in the first row for this show?  I am planning on going in November and was wondering if it is worth paying extra and sitting in the front. It is Premium but 50 less than the premium cost in second row.  I saw The Color Purple in the front row and loved it.  

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/13/18
 May 15 2018, 09:07:47 AM

On a completely different show, I am glad to see the numbers for Angels in America go up from last week. it certainly is a commitment to see both but i am glad many are.

Tony Kushner and Patti LuPone at ANGELS IN AMERICA on 5/7/18
 May 7 2018, 09:58:02 PM

Correction. The show opened on may 4th, 1993. Frank Rich’s review and others came out on the 5th.  

Tony Kushner and Patti LuPone at ANGELS IN AMERICA on 5/7/18
 May 7 2018, 09:20:11 PM

Plus AiA opened on May 5th, 1993. I bet that is is why, or partly why, Tony attended. 25 years to the date. I am seeing it this coming saturday and am so thrilled. 

Angels in America seating
 May 1 2018, 10:28:29 AM

sm33 said: "jast said: "Ok. I have just bought on Stubhub a AA row seat for Saturday May 12th for both Parts for 170.00. Has anyone else got such a deal? Part of me fears it can't be true, but the other part feels like i got the greatest deal. I saw Part 1 on Easter and loved the show, and knew i had to see both parts. Is this too good to be true? This is half the price of a standard ticket for both parts. Anyoneelse with such a story? cant imagine why it would be sold a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You