News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WhoCouldBeBlue

WhoCouldBeBlue Profile Photo
Member Name: WhoCouldBeBlue
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

JK Rowling Concerns
 Apr 16 2024, 07:00:48 PM

Of course people on here will be concerned, throw books away, hate her for her opposing views and disavow their love for Harry Potter. 

How pathetic can you be when you completely erase a person because their opinion differs from yours.  

Isaac Butler NYT piece:
 Jul 21 2023, 03:47:27 PM

Why should Broadway be bailed out when every other dying business in America has to suck it up by itself and either solve the problem or close.  Broadway is no different.  If the public can’t support it, the public obviously isn’t interested.  Scale Broadway show down to live within their means.  Quit crying for a frigging handout.  Be adults… if you can’t pay your bills, go get another type of job.  Lazy people want government handouts,

Patti LuPone argues with anti-masker at Company talkback
 May 12 2022, 07:24:54 AM

Ah, the classless, rude, always plays the same part big mouth is at it again!  Will someone please tell LuPone patrons DO pay her salary.  Where does she think her producers get the cash from?!  Nitwit. She’s the perfect reason why Broadway is suffering.  Woke Broadway isn’t working. It’s not just Covid. 

Broadway to Close?
 Mar 12 2020, 04:24:17 PM

Maybe it’s time for Lin Manuel to open his wallet and help Broadway, being that he’s made millions the past few years off of it.  

Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer
 Mar 2 2020, 08:19:10 PM

kdogg36 said: "The H1N1 virus in 2009-10 infected 61,000,000 people in the US and killed 12,469 Americans, but no one was was ever quarantined.

Get a grip.
"

As of right now, Coronoavirus stats: 90,441 cases, 3,119 deaths 

BIG difference percentage wise.  Maybe YOU need to get a grip.

Kelly Anne Conway and Jon Voight attend Hello Dolly
 Jul 4 2019, 03:58:52 PM

You people are pathetic.  You’re like a bunch of immature mean girls who don’t like who is in the audience, so let’s stomp our feet and refuse to perform!

You’re the exact reason why this country is so divided.  May Karma visit you all and have you play to empty houses. 

It's Really Tacky For Republican Ads to be on this site
 Jun 3 2018, 09:48:08 PM

Sondheimite said: "The title says it all.

I keep getting ads on this site for terrible anti-gay/women/diversity republicans running in the midterms.

That's really disturbing to me that Broadway World takes money from these people. It's really really really disturbing to me.
"

I find it really tacky that liberals/Democrats are supposed to be the party of diversity/tolerance/acceptance yet want nothing to do with/attack anyone who has a dif

Marty Thomas suing Twitter
 Oct 14 2010, 11:18:01 AM
Get over it, Marty! Did you also complain to the teacher when someone called you a name in grade school? sheesh.
Gypsy Revival?
 Oct 14 2010, 10:21:04 AM
There will *never* be another revival of Gypsy. LuPone would never allow it to happen.
Patti LuPone audiobook preview
 Aug 30 2010, 03:23:09 PM
Ugh... just listening to that little excerpt gave me a headache!
In one word the Tonys were...
 Jun 14 2010, 09:27:58 AM
pathetic.
5 reasons this thread is hilarious
 Apr 21 2009, 01:14:12 PM
After reading most of the messages in this thread, it only reinforces why I rarely visit this site, let alone post here anymore.

To those of you who are "over her" or are "sick of hearing about her" and even those who think she doesn't deserve the attention she's getting... TOO BAD. If you don't like her, don't listen to her... change the channel.. talk about something else.

To sit here and complain about her and her moment in the limelight just shows jealously and intoleran

Overrated--by WHOM?
 Feb 2 2009, 01:29:58 PM
Years ago I would have never thought for a second that Patti was overrated.

But... since her "better than everyone else"'s attitude has started to surface more and more, I do agree.. she's overrated and overrates herself even more.

re: Dorothy Collins...
 Jun 9 2008, 06:53:21 PM
Oh. My. God.

Absolutely wonderful... once again, I'm reminded that no one will ever sing that song as beautifully as she did.

Thank you. :)

re: Why couldn't they have hired good singers for the SWEENEY movie?
 Apr 9 2008, 10:55:36 PM
I loved the movie and the concept. The acting was fantastic and Helena did one heck of a job portraying Mrs. Lovett.

The problem I had was definitely with her singing. Whenever she sang, it practically "broke" her character for me. The weak voice (and at times flat or sharp) really affected her overall portrayal.

I still think the role should have gone to Tracey Ullman. Now there's a woman who could have acted AND sang the part.

re: 'Ladies and gentlemen, Patti LuPone is not feeling well today.'
 Apr 7 2008, 12:13:41 PM
"Berrnadette was miscast and therefore sucked. Patti sick is still 100 times better."

Oh, puhleeze. Bernadette did a fantastic job as Rose... plus, you could understand every word she sang, unlike Patti.

It's truly a shame that people can't discuss Patti's performance without trashing Bernadette's.

re: A Thread for Gracious Messages to All the Patti Haters
 Mar 28 2008, 01:15:45 PM
Know what?

Speak for yourself... I care.

The rest of us wish you'd GROW up.

re: A Thread for Gracious Messages to All the Patti Haters
 Mar 28 2008, 12:02:38 PM
"Why is this place hypocritical?

When people hated Cry-Baby, anyone who said they enjoyed it was bashed.

Now people love Pattie and Gypsy, and anyone who says they didn't like it or her is bashed.

You all attacked bertandrew2 when he created a thread saying that Patti should get acting tips from past Roses, and yet I can site several occations when each of you has spewed equally offensive fodder at the board. And then you go and create a thread devoted to bashing th

re: performers who could be tony worthy if they only find the right show
 Oct 19 2007, 02:07:18 PM
Ditto on Judy Kuhn, plus Carolee Carmello.
re: Michael Ball as Edna PICTURE!!!!
 Aug 22 2007, 11:02:21 PM
"Is it me or does he look Elaine Paige in some of them? No offense, Ms. Paige you are stunning...... "

OMG, I almost fell out of my chair reading that!!!

Michael looks fantastic! I just know he'll be hysterical. Thank you for sharing the pics. :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You