News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BeNice

BeNice Profile Photo
Member Name: BeNice
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Elton John's Tammy Faye Bakker Musical Aims for a 2021 Premiere  Jan 9 2021, 09:59:41 PM
I thought the Kristen Chenoweth one was by Henry Kreiger. I saw a reading of it.
Did Meryl see THE PROM on Broadway?  Dec 28 2020, 11:03:54 AM
If this is true, that is so great. And yes would love if Meryl saw Beth in Devil Wears Prada!
Casting rumors that never happened, but you wish did  Dec 27 2020, 08:28:06 PM
Rebel Wilson was rumored to be considered to be the final Dewey Fynn in School of Rock. That would have be interesting actually.
Old Vic's A CHRISTMAS CAROL  Dec 18 2020, 05:20:27 PM
Agreed. It was so nice to see this and there is no reason US theatres should not be doing things like this at this caliber.
ALW's THE BEAUTIFUL GAME  Nov 14 2020, 11:39:45 AM

Wow thank you for all this. Loved watching/learning!

Sasha Baron Cohen as Tevye  Oct 25 2020, 01:03:36 PM
Love this idea! Genius.
Netflix's THE PROM trailer premieres 10/22  Oct 23 2020, 02:47:48 PM
Ugh now I cannot unsee Patti in this role. I wish she could have put it on film. And she is a Ryan Murphy gal too.
ALW Participating In COVID-19 Vaccine Trial  Aug 13 2020, 12:57:53 AM
He’s a Lord. He works/worked closely with politicians for 20 years when he sat in the House. He’s been pushing for theatres to open and I’m sure he didn’t want to be called a hypocrite for pushing for this and not risking anything personally.
Love to Rebecca Luker and Danny Burstein  Aug 10 2020, 06:03:29 PM
That is such a nice story. Such a kind woman. Thank you.
Nick Cordero Theatre  Jul 7 2020, 05:02:22 PM
I think it is a nice gesture.
I think his name embodies so much more than a resume. He represents a time in theatre we have never seen before where Broadway shut down for a year, but it fought and (it will) come back. Nick unfortunately can not. This is a good idea. And naming a theatre after him does not mean other people are unworthy.

Favorite Tony Awards Telecast  Jun 12 2020, 11:12:53 PM
1997 stands out to me. The number from Titanic, Bebe performing Chicago, SJP in Once Upon a Matress, and of course “My Body” from The Life!
Dreamcasting Fiddler movie  May 31 2020, 12:37:53 AM

bwayboy22 said: "My out of the box idea for Tevye would be Taika Waititi, I think he has the makings for a really great and different kind of Tevye.

I also love the idea of Jake Gyllenhaal, he'd be great in about 10 years.

What about Mayim Bialik as Golde, she has so much heart and think she could be really great in a role like this.

Barbra or Bette as Yente would be brilliant!
"

Wow!  Great dream casting. Especially  Tai

Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre Facing Closure  May 19 2020, 06:43:04 PM

IF this is true, I can totally see Cameron Mackintosh or Andrew LW swooping in to purchase. They already own half of the theatres in the West End. 

Broadway on Demand - complete disappointment  May 17 2020, 04:15:30 PM
I wish there were a way to allow the Lincoln Center Performing Arts Library to temporarily release some of their filmed Broadway titles. I know it goes against all types of union rules but these are different times.
Tony Party Foods 2020  May 6 2020, 10:27:09 PM
American Buffalo Wings
Ain’t Too Proud to Eat Cake
Simply the Best Cheese Platter

Sienna Miller in Cabaret  May 3 2020, 12:35:54 AM

To me, Emma Stone was SO impressive in that she really understood every beat and moment of that show and character. A terrific and smart actress.

Sienna Miller "is" Sally Bowles: a not-super-great singer and a party girl. So she was perfectly cast.

Michelle Williams was out the night I was supposed to see her.

Natasha Richardson can be seen on the Lincoln Center Archives video and even though it is a video, boy was it impressive.  

Social Distance Seating Plans  Apr 28 2020, 11:46:42 AM
I’m assuming they have done informal focus groups of audience members because as much as this is a thoughtful plan for a theatre company, how can they know if patrons will feel comfortable with this? Also how do they know by August groups of 50+ will be allowed?
Will popular titles or actors be the saving grace for broadway  Apr 26 2020, 01:16:31 PM
I was thinking about this a lot and I can see a world where instead of the old “I want to see show/concert x so badly I am going to plan to save my money!” it’s now going to be more like “I want to see this show/concert so badly I am going to plan to get my antibodies tested.”
I think as long as an event is created that gets people so excited (celebs or no) people will do what they do to make sure they can participate and witness. Things that have buoyed Broadway in the past have not been s

State Fair/Meet Me In St. Louis/Flower Drum Song  Apr 14 2020, 11:11:44 PM
I will always have a soft spot for Meet Me in St Louis as it was my first Broadway show and I thought it was just magical. Of course, I was very young at the time and so was Tootie.
There is a decent show in there somewhere?  Apr 14 2020, 11:25:26 AM
The Color Purple.

I saw the expensive original productions on Broadway a couple of times and did not think it was great.

In this latest revival when John Doyle scaled it WAY back to one set and let Cynthia Erivo and (I saw) Heather Headley shine it was like a completely brand new show. I heard lyrics I had never heard before and the story was so so moving.

I was floored how it went from not on my radar to one of the best things I have seen in Bway.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You