News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theCucumberSandwich

Member Name: theCucumberSandwich
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Emma Hunton left Wicked?
 Feb 18 2015, 07:50:24 PM
Jemma Rix in the Australian production generally does 6 out of 8 shows a week. It isn't set in stone as to when her alternate goes on, but it's generally Wednesday matinee, and one of the Sunday shows. This is a good example of how only doing six a week instead of 8 is better for the voice. Jemma hardly misses a show and has been playing the role almost non-stop for about seven years.
Ken Watanabe is The King of Siam in THE KING AND I
 Jul 1 2014, 10:10:27 AM
Maybe you should see the show before you judge? Mr. Fung is doing a wonderful job with the role.
Equity Rules: RE Understudies
 Jun 18 2014, 02:55:28 PM
Hi there,
I vaguely recall there being a rule that Equity enforce re: announcement of understudies. I was wondering if anyone can tell me exactly what this is? I seem to remember that it's something to do with 2/3 methods of letting the audience know?
I ask as an Australian Equity member that is seeking to establish a similar rule here.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers,
X.

Lilli Cooper in Wicked
 May 26 2014, 12:40:53 AM
Indeed.
Lilli Cooper in Wicked
 May 26 2014, 12:16:55 AM
That is correct. She's temporarily joined the Australian production as Elphaba standby. She'll be performing two shows a week for the next little while.
FORUM Coming Back To Broadway?
 Apr 26 2014, 01:40:53 AM
I'm fairly certain there were some New York-based producers involved in the Australian production that starred Geoffrey Rush a year and a bit ago. Rush was incredible, I wouldn't be surprised if they're taking that production to Broadway.
Les Miserables
 Mar 12 2014, 11:04:13 AM
This thread contains some of the dumbest statements I've ever read about theatre. Seriously. Ridiculous.
Rumor Mill: Patrick Page in Disney's Hunchback?
 Feb 25 2014, 02:13:29 AM
Ignore Post.
Sieber and Harrison to join MATILDA
 Jan 31 2014, 07:12:28 PM
How many times now have Hoch and Sieber been associated with the same role, either through understudying or replacing? I can think of Gaston, Lord Farquad, Georges and now the Trunchbull. Are there any others?
Also, I think it's wonderful that Hoch has had such a long run in a lead role. Hopefully he'll be considered for bigger roles in the future. Do we know if he's leaving the show or going back to his featured ensemble role, which he only played for a few weeks, from memory....

Kate Shindle as Elphaba?
 Jan 5 2014, 08:50:16 AM
Perhaps the height issue is something to do with the technical requirements of the role? The lift maybe?
Just a thought.

Song of Spiderman
 Dec 23 2013, 05:32:21 AM
Agreed. An absolutely fascinating read. I felt bad for Taymor until the America Olivo incident. That sounded totally crazy and un-called for.
Massive kudos to Berger for his honesty, insight and level-headedness.
And of course, his sense of humour!

Bierko out of Matilda....for now.
 Oct 19 2013, 03:29:36 AM
Playbill Vault lists Hoch and Thompson as alternating the role of Trunchbull. Perhaps when they new Playbills are printed they will be the same?
Breaking News: Craig Bierko and Jill Paice to Join MATILDA on September 3
 Aug 2 2013, 10:25:32 PM
Chris Hoch has also joined the ensemble, replacing John Sanders. He's playing Sergei and covering both Trunchbull and Mr. Wormwood.
Matilda Cast Changes
 Jul 22 2013, 10:43:36 PM
Also, with John Sanders heading out as Black Stash on the Peter and the Starcatcher tour, they'll be needing a new understudy for Trunchbull/Mr. Wormwood...
Klea Blackhurst as Dolly
 Jul 20 2013, 09:17:59 AM
According to what law?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You