News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ramblingwreck97

ramblingwreck97 Profile Photo
Member Name: ramblingwreck97
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Patti LuPone argues with anti-masker at Company talkback  May 11 2022, 12:41:32 AM

Apparently there was a talkback after tonight's performance of Company, and Patti called out a woman not wearing her mask properly in the first few rows. After getting called out, the audience member responds: "we pay your salary!". 
Here's a video of the moment

Anyone there tonight or have any more info?

Assassins on Broadway  May 10 2022, 03:11:38 PM

What an incredible concert! 
Will Swenson was the standout for me, but the entire cast was phenomenal, and the audience was superbly behaved, probably the best audience I've been in for awhile. 

Broadway Returns - Your 2021-2022 Season Recaps  May 2 2022, 08:05:50 PM

July: (not sure if this counts)
Merry Wives in the Park

September:
Waitress

Pass Over

American Utopia

October:
The Phantom of the Opera

Chicago 

Hadestown

November:
Company (1st performance back)

Ain't Too Proud

To Kill A Mockingbird

Jagged Little Pill 

Chicken and Biscuits 

Come From Away

December:
Slave Pla

Cyrano at BAM  May 2 2022, 12:20:06 AM
James McAvoy is a revelation in this production, and his characterization fits quite nicely with Lloyd's vision. The ensemble of actors is very connected and bring the piece to something that feels spiritual. I cannot recommend this enough. I sat in the Today Tix "onstage" seating and I really recommend trying for those tickets, the experience was phenomenal.
Can Actors Stage Door Yet ?  May 2 2022, 12:14:50 AM
"Someone I interacted with said that they’ve been stage dooring since…September? And was like, “it’s good for my mental health to be there”. I respect what most people have to do for their mental health. But…like…."

Their mental health should improve knowing that theater has a chance again. Let's not ruin it in any way. If you truly love a performance, give the performer/s a nice ovation after the show, they will truly appreciate it and see and hear you. You don't need to get a sel

Can Actors Stage Door Yet ?  May 1 2022, 07:03:33 PM
The best thing would be for "stage dooring" to never return. If you happen to meet an actor after a show, that should be a spotaneous and mutually agreed upon experience. These casts are fighting hard to not get COVID, and they don't need to have more obstacles to face.
Company Previews Thread  Nov 16 2021, 01:52:23 AM

What a NIGHT!!!
The entire energy on 45th street was just something out of this world, between the reopening, Spring Awakening and the Tick, Tick, Boom! premiere. Broadway has been back for a bit now but tonight felt like the big, brassy, official celebration of its return.
The show tonight was beautiful, and the thing I was most taken by was the humor. It truly is one of the funniest and most talented ensembles you could put together, and as many have said Patti and Jen Simard just

Hamilton Cast Contracts  Sep 24 2015, 11:56:02 AM

Everyone should still be in the show up until the Tonys. After that, you might see people start to leave.

Broadway Flea Market 2015 Celebrity Photo Booth/Autograph Table!  Sep 24 2015, 11:30:41 AM

Follow @broadwayonbroadway on Instagram for coverage of the event! 

Hamilton Standing Room (whats going on?)  Sep 24 2015, 11:29:43 AM

Follow @broadwayonbroadway on Instagram as we are trying to figure out the issue, as well as posting other lottery system news!

Phantom of the Opera Signed Poster  Aug 3 2015, 01:09:02 PM

I'm sorry to break it to you, but it honestly wouldn't be worth much. If it was in perfect condition you might have been able to get 25 but the real problem is that the cast isn't particularly notable. The only Phantom posters I'd ever buy that aren't in perfect condition are OBC, or the Norm Lewis/Sierra Boggess cast.

David Burtka - IT SHOULDA BEEN YOU  Jul 9 2015, 02:43:31 AM

Based on a picture of the sign in sheet on the official twitter page, the show had planned for Burtka to be out through this time.

Disney films that would make fantastic Broadway shows.  Jun 28 2015, 08:47:14 PM

Nightmare Before Christmas- with Michael Cerveris as Jack Skellington. 

Thoughts on the Original Broadway Production of Ragtime?  Jun 28 2015, 08:43:57 PM

Ragtime really could have been one of the biggest broadway hits of all time. The score is mesmerizing and the original cast was well crafted. There's just been a few mistakes along the way. There needs to be a major revision of the score. As some people have listed, songs like Sarah Brown Eyes can easily be cut. The Ford Center (AKA Lyric) was far too large for the production. The recent revival has also buried the show, as it was really just dreadful, and was too recent for someone to try an

when there is an unexpected understudy for the lead  Jun 28 2015, 08:36:22 PM

For me, it's essentially hit or miss when it comes to an understudy. However,I honestly think that a customer deserves a refund if one of the leading actors is out unless that information is available ahead of time. You are paying to see the show that has the cast that is advertised online and in the press for the show. I would definitely see Gentleman's Guide with understudies, as I personally don't think it'd have much of an effect on the show. But if you're solely going for the novelty of

Broadway songs about being powerless?  Jun 18 2015, 12:51:26 AM

If I Cant Love Her- Beauty and the Beast

Why no announcement from The Public about 2015-16?  May 8 2015, 02:57:26 AM

cue Nick Bottom: "GOD I HATE SHAKESPEARE!"

Help Me Pick My Last Show!  May 1 2015, 10:29:51 PM

Out of the ones you listed, Curious Incident! It really is a great play.

$20 off your first today tix purchase  Apr 7 2015, 12:02:38 PM

Broke college student, lover of broadway. Unrealistic combination. That's me.

code: QKBEJ

Something Rotten Previews  Mar 26 2015, 02:05:14 AM
I saw the show tonight, the third official preview.
The show is really, really good. It's just not fantastic, at least yet.
Act 1 is really strong and Oscar and the other supporting men are also strong. The two females leads need a bit more interesting dialogue, I was bored by both plot lines. With the work that previews will give it, it will be a strong Best Musical contender in a year which I feel is very weak outside of this and Fun Home.
I would recommend taking a trip down

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You