Hamilton Cast Contracts

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#1Hamilton Cast Contracts
Posted: 9/24/15 at 7:39am

So, I may not be able to watch the show until next March or May. Will majority of the cast still be there?

Wickedmonkey332 Profile Photo
Wickedmonkey332
#2Hamilton Cast Contracts
Posted: 9/24/15 at 8:19am

Probably. I'm assuming most of the cast will want to stay through Tony Season into the summer. 

willep
#3Hamilton Cast Contracts
Posted: 9/24/15 at 11:00am

Assuming they all have the standard 1 year contract, everyone should still be with the show.

ramblingwreck97 Profile Photo
ramblingwreck97
#4Hamilton Cast Contracts
Posted: 9/24/15 at 11:56am

Everyone should still be in the show up until the Tonys. After that, you might see people start to leave.

NewsiesForever Profile Photo
NewsiesForever
#5Hamilton Cast Contracts
Posted: 9/24/15 at 9:28pm

I am sure if given the option, most of them will resign

ChiTheaterFan
#6Hamilton Cast Contracts
Posted: 9/24/15 at 9:32pm

Leslie Odom Jr. Said in an interview he has a 1-year contract. I'd imagine most of them are the same. 

MVintheheartland
#7Hamilton Cast Contracts
Posted: 9/25/15 at 9:34am

I'm just curious--why would they resign so soon? I would think being part of such a landmark production with huge ovations would make one want to stay. However, maybe they just are exhausted. What do you all think?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#8Hamilton Cast Contracts
Posted: 9/25/15 at 9:39am

I think NewsiesForever meant "re-sign."

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#9Hamilton Cast Contracts
Posted: 9/25/15 at 12:18pm

Would a 1-year contract mean 1 year from the Broadway production or from the Public production?

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#10Hamilton Cast Contracts
Posted: 9/25/15 at 12:56pm

The Broadway production; it's an entirely new contract.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

MyLife
#11Hamilton Cast Contracts
Posted: 9/25/15 at 3:18pm

If any of the actors win Tonys for their performances it wouldn't be surprising to seem them re-sign for another year. As for the question of why wouldn't they all re-sign because their part of a landmark production? It all depends what else is on the horizon for the stellar cast. For the ensemble, it may be better to be part of another original company for the following year. If Natasha plans to open in 2017, maybe Phillippa Soo would reprise her role. Hamilton is something special but everyone has to move on at some point. It's still a business and there are reasons for every decision that could be made as to who leaves and who stays.

ChiTheaterFan
#12Hamilton Cast Contracts
Posted: 9/25/15 at 5:16pm

In the interview I mentioned earlier Odom said his contract was for a year and while he may move on to explore other opportunities, he'd like to return and play Burr again in several years when he is a father. 

He didn't say he's leaving at the end of the year per se and so that's not to say he couldn't extend.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#13Hamilton Cast Contracts
Posted: 9/25/15 at 10:40pm

Wow, I literally forgot I made this post (it has been a crazy week). Thanks for the responses! I'm glad to know that most of the main cast should still be there, next year. I would go for January, but I don't want another Cinderella situation again (Missed Laura and Santino by a week b/c our car was starting to freeze on the way  to NYC from the low temperatures)