News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for The White Half-Mask

The White Half-Mask Profile Photo
Member Name: The White Half-Mask
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Who Do You Wish You Could Sound Like?
 Oct 19 2009, 03:01:45 PM
I'd kill to sound like ANY Broadway-calibre singer, but some of my favourite voices include:

Howard McGillin
Michael Ball
John Barrowman
Davis Gaines
Hugh Jackman
Norm Lewis
John Owen-Jones
Sean Palmer
Paulo Szot
Anthony Warlow

After a sex change:
Laura Benanti
Sierra Boggess
Susan Egan
Sutton Foster
Ruthie Henshall
Jane Krakowski
Andrea McArdle
Kelli O'Hara
Laura Osnes
Sherie Rene Scott
Lea Salonga

re: Sex in Theater Paper - Examples Needed
 Oct 19 2009, 02:43:26 PM
Avenue Q
Company

re: Favorite Company Quotes
 Sep 25 2009, 04:13:52 PM
"But who will I take care of?"
re: Favorite Vibrato Moments
 Jul 7 2009, 10:30:00 PM
The one that really stands out for me at the moment is Raul Esparza in the PBS "Company" DVD. During "Being Alive", I love the way he shouts:

"MOCK ME WITH PRAaAaAaAaAaAaISE!"

It gives me chills.

re: The Most Powerful Stage Gesture
 May 11 2009, 01:39:37 AM
I'd add Raul Esparza sitting down to play the piano from the 2006 revival of "Company". It may seem like such a simple movement, but its significance in the context in this particular production was enormously powerful.
re: Cudia to Succeed McGillin on July 27
 May 8 2009, 01:47:52 AM
Even though he's played the role for almost 10 years, I am sad to see McGillin leave, as he is my personal favourite Phantom, with one of the most beautiful voices that I have ever heard. Of course, I supppose that it's time for someone else to slip on the mask, but I wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

EDIT: Also, congratulations on a world record-setting run!

re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Apr 13 2009, 03:13:21 PM
-I don't like "Rent". Nothing about it really appeals to me.
-I don't mind Disney musicals.
- I'm a big TPOTO fan.
-Apart from Gerard Butler's singing, I didn't think the Phantom movie was all that bad.
-Even though Michael Crawford was fantastic as The Phantom, I think many actors have played the role just as well, if not better, than he did.
-I loved The Producers movie.

Also, not theatre-related, but I actually enjoyed The Godfather Part III more than Part I

re: Broadway's new Ariel?
 Apr 10 2009, 04:22:25 PM
That's too bad. My family is seeing TLM this August, & I was really hoping to see Sierra as Ariel. Although I'm sure that Chelsea Stock will be great as well.
re: Seth McFarlane needs to hit Broadway
 Mar 1 2009, 11:56:54 PM
A full-length Family Guy movie musical would be AWESOME! At the very least, MacFarlane should put together a solo CD or release a soundtrack of all the the musical numbers from the show. He's got such a wonderful voice!
re: Favourite Thing About Shows/Performers You Don't Like
 Feb 9 2009, 06:07:04 PM
Movin' Out has some terrific dancing.
re: The Best Female Voice on Broadway
 Feb 2 2009, 05:34:29 PM
This is a really tough decision, but I think I'm gonna go with Sutton Foster.
re: The Best Male Voice on Broadway
 Feb 2 2009, 12:31:36 AM
While I do love him as The Phantom, I own several other CDs with him as well, including his solo CD ("Where Time Stands Still"), the Anything Goes revival, & the Swan Princess soundtrack. Interestingly enough, the first time I ever heard his voice was from the Swan Princess movie that my sister & I rented when we were kids.

Have you heard his rendition of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" on Carols for a Cure 2006? It's almost worth the price of the album itself!

re: What's your favourite musical?
 Feb 2 2009, 12:26:33 AM
1. The Phantom of the Opera (Say what you want, but I still love it!)
2. Company
3. The Producers

re: The Best Male Voice on Broadway
 Feb 2 2009, 12:18:05 AM
I second Howard McGillin. Personally, I feel he has the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. He's hands down my favourite Broadway performer.
re: PHANTOM OF THE OPERA - THE VIDEO GAME (I wish this thread were a joke..
 Jan 14 2009, 05:30:18 PM
I'll agree that this does sound very silly, but the Phantom Phan in me is interested. I wonder if it'll be some sort of karaoke game, which might be fun for the whole family or friends who enjoy musical theatre. Who am I kidding, I'll probably end up getting a copy.
re: Top Ten Favorite Songs....
 Dec 8 2008, 09:45:50 PM
Just off the top of my head:

The Music of the Night - The Phantom of the Opera
Being Alive - Company
Willkommen - Cabaret
For Now - Avenue Q
There's No Business Like Show Business - Annie Get Your Gun
One Day More - Les Miserables
I Wanna Be a Producer - The Producers
Heaven On Their Minds - Jesus Christ Superstar
Easy to Love - Anything Goes
If I Were a Bell - Guys & Dolls

re: Any Plans for a Patti LuPone 'Gypsy' DVD?
 Nov 30 2008, 12:01:50 AM
If it does happen, I will be ecstatic. I've been aching to see this production, but I haven't had the time or money to go to New York & I won't be able to see it before it closes. But if there's a DVD made, jackpot!
re: Cabaret Remake
 Nov 29 2008, 10:24:28 PM
I'd love a remake of the Cabaret movie done in the style of the 1998 Broadway revival. Alan Cumming MUST play the Emcee. And I can see either Patrick Wilson or Adrien Brody as Clifford Bradshaw. I'm not sure about Sally Bowles. A lot of other posters have mentioned some pretty interesting candidates. While Amy Winehouse fits in a way, I'd prefer to see another actress.
re: Misheard Lyrics That Have Left You Puzzled
 Nov 26 2008, 11:36:17 PM
When I was a kid listening to "Prima Donna" on the TPOTO cast recording, this is what I heard:

Raoul: I must see these demands are rejected! (actual line)

What I heard: I must see these demands are Jackie Chan!

In my defence, there are a lot of other characters singing at the same time in this song. It was quite puzzling to me, although I thought it was cool that they mentioned Jackie Chan, even though he has nothing to do with the show & didn't quite fit the time peri

re: Family Guy Sings! in NYC
 Nov 25 2008, 03:23:50 PM
For anyone who went, what songs & material do they perform? Is it just songs from the show, or is there any new stuff?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You