News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lovelyspotlight

lovelyspotlight Profile Photo
Member Name: lovelyspotlight
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Politics and Broadway  Oct 15 2008, 07:34:57 PM
"It's a Privilege to Pee" from Urinetown...although that doesn't necessarily apply to politics of the present in our country (the election, specifically). Hmm...or maybe it does.
re: Politics and Broadway  Oct 15 2008, 05:47:21 PM
bwayfan, I get the humor...but there was a HUGE political emphasis on Broadway following the events of 9/11. If nothing else does, that refutes your indirect claim that Broadway is unaffected by politics.

As related to the current goings-on, I have no idea.

re: Rent Has Officially Closed  Sep 8 2008, 08:57:29 AM
LePetiteFromage, that's exactly what my brother said. I woke up this morning and said to him, "Wow, RENT is closed." And he said, "Only on Broadway!" all cheery. Made me smile a bit.
re: Rent Story on ABC News 6:30pm - 9/7  Sep 7 2008, 08:25:36 PM
Mimi lives.

I've always thought that was the cheesiest part of the show, but what is one to do?

re: Two FREE Closing Night Rent tickets  Sep 3 2008, 05:30:41 PM
Oh? For your new December 28th closing?
re: Idina Menzel KILLED in a freak accident!  Sep 3 2008, 05:29:33 PM
You have problems.
re: What show do you regret seeing the most?  Sep 2 2008, 09:55:18 PM
The Producers.

I loathed it and nearly fell asleep...which is something I cannot say for myself as an audience member in any other theater.

Playbill, Pee, Patti - Fun with alliteration!  Sep 2 2008, 06:06:02 PM
hahahahaha
re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?  Aug 26 2008, 09:10:33 AM
Altar Boyz - 10
Rent - 4 (5th on 8/30)
Wicked - 3
Hairspray - 2

re: any mimi understudies in RENT before close?  Aug 21 2008, 11:29:45 PM
I LOVE Karmine's Mimi. So much. Amazing.
meh  Mar 28 2008, 04:43:55 PM
I agree that Natalie Weiss does some impressive stuff, but my friend plays her stuff all the time (on his laptop at lunch and dinner and whenever else)...and I gotta say, I've gotten a little sick of it. But...she's good, yes.
re: Last RENT Cast  Mar 10 2008, 01:33:16 AM
SO excited for Adam to take over as Mark.

Along with typecastme22, I saw him in a few things here at NU before he was offered the role and left for NYC a bit ago. He's absolutely phenomenal.

re: Altar Boyz? (and a couple of other questions)  Feb 26 2008, 03:58:16 PM
Even if the jokes were to go over his head, it's a fun show. Granted, the people over whose heads the jokes go who still enjoy the show (who I've seen) are mostly ten-year-olds. But...that's close to teenaged! Right?

It's a fun show for all ages, in my opinion.

re: Any Word on RENT  Feb 18 2008, 05:33:17 PM
Dramamama, since I'm a dorkface and check the Broadway Grosses every week...it hasn't even been steadily improving. The "marginally better" thing is still a hit-and-miss deal, just like with most other shows currently running.
re: Pippin  Feb 16 2008, 10:56:43 PM
Does the blank post represent your ambiguous feelings about the show, or did you just forget to write something?

If it's the former, great symbolism. =P

re: Rank the 'Best Scores' of this decade so far...  Feb 6 2008, 05:28:48 PM
1. The Light In The Piazza
2. Urinetown
3. Hairspray
4. Avenue Q
5. Spring Awakening
6. Aida
7. The Drowsy Chaperone
8. The Producers

I can't stand The Producers and wasn't thrilled by The Drowsy Chaperone.

re: Kendra Kassebaum  Feb 2 2008, 07:18:41 PM
I LOVED them in the touring cast. They were wonderful, but I thought the ensemble was a bit lackluster.
re: You Favorite Off Broadway Show  Feb 2 2008, 05:51:32 PM
I really quite love the Altar Boyz.
re: If you could see any show on Broadway right now...  Feb 2 2008, 05:50:38 PM
I would definitely see August: Osage County. I fell in love with it from the moment the set designer spoke about at NU. It seemed awesome...and THEN I've heard nothing about amazing things about it. REALLY want to see it.
re: Back from NYC: Rent, Curtains, Blonde, Purple & Spring!  Jan 19 2008, 09:54:26 PM
Ah! Zonya was in "Children of Eden" in my hometown when the local theater did it for its annual summerstage. She is so sweet and OS talented. My mom, brother, and I are flying to NYC to see her in TCP. I'm glad to hear that she's wonderful!

(She was Eve in "Children of Eden"...of course.)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You