Any Word on RENT

coolkid11776
#1Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 3:48pm

Has it been selling out since the closing was announced? I know that June 1st and May31st are totally sold out. It is IMPOSSIBLY to get June1st 7PM tix besides spending 1,000+ on ebay. Do we know anything yet on If it's gonna extend? I HOPE SO I DON'T WANT THIS ERA TO END SO SOON.

Rent The best show on Broadway. I was at the closing. BEST night of my Life. April 29th 1996-September 7th 2008 12 years of love "No Day But Today"

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#2re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 3:54pm

It is IMPOSSIBLY to kick you out this forum soon enough.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

lakezurich Profile Photo
lakezurich
Posted: 2/18/08 at 4:04pm

agreed

Rant, Wickud, Rant, Wickud, Rant! We're not gonna pay Rant! 'Cause everythink is Wickud!

"Leave Walt Disney Theatricals new sparkling production of The Little Mermaid on Broadway alone!!!"

lakezurich will be played by Paul Groves in the BWW musical

James885 Profile Photo
James885
Posted: 2/18/08 at 4:06pm

"So Soon"???? It's been running for 12 YEARS. That's a fansticaly long time for a show to run.

It's closing June 1st and nothing will change that fact.

Get over it.

"You drank a charm to kill John Proctor's wife! You drank a charm to kill Goody Proctor!" - Betty Parris to Abigail Williams in Arthur Miller's The Crucible

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 5:12pm

No...it has not been selling out. It will not change. The grosses are only doing marginally better than before the closing was announced.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#4re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 5:12pm

No...it has not been selling out. It will not change. The grosses are only doing marginally better than before the closing was announced.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#5re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 5:15pm

"Any Word on RENT"

It's closing.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

lovelyspotlight Profile Photo
lovelyspotlight
#6re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 5:33pm

Dramamama, since I'm a dorkface and check the Broadway Grosses every week...it hasn't even been steadily improving. The "marginally better" thing is still a hit-and-miss deal, just like with most other shows currently running.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#7re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 5:39pm

I have decided that ReNT will not close.

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#8re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 5:57pm

Won't it live on in our hearts... or something?

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#9re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:07pm

I vote for the 'or something'.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#10re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:09pm

I REALLY want it to extend. SO MUCH, mostly because I'll be able tos ee it a few more times over the summer,and also another shot at a closing show ticket... but I'm doubtful that it will happen. When searching rights for plays, RENT and RENT school edition are being released July 2008, which is NOT a good sign, if they were planning a extension.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#11re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:10pm

ReNt

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#12re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:22pm

This thread is soo funny! I read it all the time it get bumped... re: Any Word on RENT

J*
Updated On: 2/18/08 at 06:22 PM

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#13re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:25pm

They just released more tickets on ticketmaster for the closing date. I bought 7

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

suicidalmickeymouse
#14re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:32pm

Ha, I actually went and checked, emo_geek!

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#15re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/18/08 at 6:34pm

RENT school edition. Sweet Virgin Mary.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#16re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/19/08 at 1:33am

You mean Sweet Virgin Mimi.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#17re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/19/08 at 1:36am

It is IMPOSSIBLY to get June1st 7PM tix besides spending 1,000+ on ebay.

There's a ticket on eBay right now for $600.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

suicidalmickeymouse
#18re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/19/08 at 11:02am

Hey, maybe they'll release more tix on ticketmaster? Cuz they still have front orch seats for tonight's show at regular price, while the rest of the theatre's pretty sold out. I think I'll call them and ask if that happens.

Updated On: 2/19/08 at 11:02 AM

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#19re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/19/08 at 1:36pm

Rant!

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#20re: Any Word on RENT
Posted: 2/19/08 at 1:41pm

No, it's running forever and they're placing an enteral flame in the middle of West 41st Street to honor Jonathan Larson and to act as an cigarette lighter for all of New York City.

ReNt!

Videos