#1Question about Pippin
Posted: 2/16/08 at 10:54pm

Updated On: 2/17/08 at 10:54 PM

dancingthrulife04 Profile Photo
dancingthrulife04
#2re: Pippin
Posted: 2/16/08 at 10:55pm

... what about it?

http://www.beintheheights.com/katnicole1 (Please click and help me win!) I chose, and my world was shaken- So what?
The choice may have been mistaken, The choosing was not...
"Every day has the potential to be the greatest day of your life." - Lin-Manuel Miranda
"And when Idina Menzel is singing, I'm always slightly worried that her teeth are going to jump out of her mouth and chase me." - Schmerg_the_Impaler

lovelyspotlight Profile Photo
lovelyspotlight
#2re: Pippin
Posted: 2/16/08 at 10:56pm

Does the blank post represent your ambiguous feelings about the show, or did you just forget to write something?

If it's the former, great symbolism. =P

musicalmaster703 Profile Photo
musicalmaster703
#3re: Pippin
Posted: 2/17/08 at 9:15am

oh sorry i thought i wrote something,

I just saw it and it had an alternate ending apparntly, is this normaal. With theo singing corner of the sky and than the troup saying Join Ussssssssssssssssssss

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#4re: Pippin
Posted: 2/17/08 at 9:47am

The DVD/home video release of PIPPIN (with William Katt, Ben Vereen and Chita Rivera) isn't the complete show and has some alterations to it.

Yes, it is a recreation of Bob Fosse's staging (recreated by his assistant Kathryn Doby), but it was not edited by Bob Fosse so it had someone elses 'vision' and these are reflected on that DVD.

Now... after the filming of this show they did provide Bob Fosse with the footage that was filmed. Bob Fosse did an edit of HIS vision and submitted it back to the producers of the film, which they in turn ignored and decided to edit it themselves THEIR way.

I was blessed to have received recently a DVD of Bob Fosse's cut of PIPPIN which he edited and submitted. I haven't watched it yet but I've been told that it not only contains the entire show (as written) but also different camera angles (that he preferrred) and of course... those missing scenes, etc.

Can't wait to make time to watch it soon --- and yes, with both the DVD version and Bob Fosse's version side-by-side to see the differences.

musicalmaster703
#5re: Pippin
Posted: 2/17/08 at 10:07am

How do you get bob's version

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#6re: Pippin
Posted: 2/17/08 at 10:23am

You have to know the right people, mon ami. re: Pippin

It was never made available for sale (there weren't 2 versions of this film on DVD to pick from).

Being an avid fan of Bob Fosse's work all my life, I've been blessed with knowing many people in the Fosse camp who provide me with countless gems. Bob Fosse's own cut of that PIPPIN film is one of the many.

Boo-yah!

musicalmaster703
#7re: Pippin
Posted: 2/17/08 at 2:58pm

oh re: Pippin