News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for metropolis10111

metropolis10111 Profile Photo
Member Name: metropolis10111
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

STARLIGHT EXPRESS will return to London in 2024  Feb 28 2024, 06:35:39 PM

As one that has an odd distinction of seeing every professional production of this in the world from Japan to Mexico to Vegas I will totally join you in that trip. 

THE LORD OF THE RINGS musical returning as immersive experience in the UK  Mar 3 2023, 09:55:34 PM

One of my favorite musical experiences. I flew special to London from Chicago  to see this bit of crazy and it was worth every penny. The score is so so lush. I would love it if they did it in concert but at this point Ill take what I can get,  Putting this one on the calendar :) 

BAD CINDERELLA On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread  Feb 17 2023, 09:45:23 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Intermission. The bones of the show are exactly the same but pretty much every scene and most songs are tweaked to completely rewritten (there’s a completely new opening number and a new song in place of “Unbreakable&rdquo."

I obsessively saw this 4 times in one week in London knowing it would change. I totally ate this mess up so I’m curious about the new opening. 

Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center  Feb 2 2023, 09:46:15 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "That photo of Derek Klena in a tight bathing suit is doing something to me."

Same.. the marketing team knew what they were doing. 

When did  Oct 27 2021, 08:46:14 AM

JBroadway said: "As Hogan, rkade, and some others in this thread have alluded to:

The people who dress the most casually are often (a) artists/theatre professionals, and (b) die-hard theatre fans. Meanwhile the people "dressing up," tend to be the people for whom a night at the theatre is a more rare occurrence. Nothing wrong with that, of course. But the grand irony of all this bellyaching about "respect" is that the people dressing casually are often

When did  Oct 26 2021, 10:39:35 AM

LizzieCurry said: "It didn't stop; you're just seeing less of it."

I think this is it. There are people that will always dress up for it but I think the age of it being the social norm are gone. I've been seeing shows since the mid 90s' and usually just wear something comfortable after all I'm there to see the show not for them to se me

ALW: Cinderella to transfer summer/fall 2022?  Sep 27 2021, 01:26:41 PM

Having just flown over and  seen it twice this past week I'm over the moon to think it would make it state side, but unless they are going to keep the rotating stage they will need to rethink some parts of this as its used quite heavily.. This is so exciting ! 

COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release  Sep 13 2021, 08:41:42 AM

Let me just add my name to the list of people singing the praises of the film.  I was going to book the tour of this right before things shut down so I am glad to finally see the staged version. So glad they went with this as opposed to a film staged version because the use of theatrics in this show is a great reminded of the power of theater staging. 

The IN THE HEIGHTS Film Adaptation Thread  Jun 14 2021, 10:04:51 AM

A Director said: "The beloved movie, MY FAIR LADY runs 2 hours and 50 minutes.

The beloved movie, WEST SIDE STORY (1961) runs 2 hours and 33 minutes.

The beloved movie, THE SOUND OF MUSIC runs 2 hours and 52 minutes.

The movie version of In The Heights IS NOT TOO LONG!

"

and they all had Intermissions 

SIX - Preview Thread  May 27 2021, 03:34:59 PM

Funny I have tickets to Six on Oct 5th but it's the opening night of the new production back here in Chicago :) 

Aragon Costume Bway vs West End  Feb 17 2020, 08:21:45 AM

GavMakCritic said: "Does anyone know why Catherine of Aragon’s costume is teal instead of gold in the new Broadway production? Were the costume designs revisited or something else?"

The lead actress is gold, usually teal is a swing color 

SIX - Preview Thread  Feb 13 2020, 08:24:31 PM

YvanEhtNioj said: "No recording the mega six "

Booooo maybe someday 

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Feb 13 2020, 05:33:20 PM

I'm getting this just for the commentary track because I REALLY need to know things, 

Six Rush or Lottery News  Feb 13 2020, 03:18:52 PM

YvanEhtNioj said: "Orchestra front row seat 103"

omg I’m so living through you this evening. That’s amazing!

SIX - Preview Thread  Feb 12 2020, 11:23:51 AM

have we gotten word if they are allowing the filming of the Megasix? 

Six Rush or Lottery News  Feb 11 2020, 10:36:46 PM

RWPrincess said: "Kea4 said: 
I believe this. When I saw the show in Chicago, there was a guy in the front row that the Queens kept interacting with. At first I thought he was part of the production but then, I saw him at the stage door waiting along with everyone else. I'll be curious to see if they interact here too.

I think this policy overall is very generous. Rushing is hard for me but I'll plan to try the lottery.

"

If th

Will there be a SIX American Cast Recording?  Jan 28 2020, 09:47:23 AM

I think they were very smart in making the album the way they did. Much like Hamilton it's mixed with a radio/ pop audience in mind. That I think is partly what has made the songs catch on as they have, it's musicals for people that might not like that "showtune' sound.  I do hope we get a OBC recording because I think that the cast has amazing talent but also hope for the limited edition purple vinyl but I'm not sure they would put much more on it then they hav

MEAN GIRLS Recoups and Announces Film Adaptation  Jan 23 2020, 03:52:26 PM

Because this never works! look at what happened to Hairspray... oh wait.. yea. 

Wicked Movie 2025??  Jan 14 2020, 05:21:40 PM

I'm sure it will happen but don't hold your breath. I agree that they need to think of a new way of looking at the story to re-tell it on screen. It works great on stage but, as we all know, that's not always the case on screen.  It takes a long time to get the visual language right for a film. 3/4 of the work is figuring out what to do not how to do it. 

Will audiences be allowed to film the Six MEGASIX on broadway?  Jan 11 2020, 05:14:12 PM

The nights I have lost hors in watching the many different MegaSixs.... such sweet hours. I love the mega six. I hesitate to see but I think I might have seen every one posted on YouTube and instanta at least a few times lol. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You