Skip23
#1Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/2/23 at 9:19pm

Waiting with bated breath...

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/2/23 at 9:22pm

That photo of Derek Klena in a tight bathing suit is doing something to me.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

metropolis10111 Profile Photo
metropolis10111
#3Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/2/23 at 9:46pm

Call_me_jorge said: "That photo of Derek Klena in a tight bathing suit is doing something to me."

Same.. the marketing team knew what they were doing. 

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#4Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/3/23 at 8:43am

By "doing something to me" I presume you are referring to a heightened interest in the artistic aspects of this upcoming production?  

JasonC3
#5Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/3/23 at 10:47am

If that photo is all it takes ...

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#6Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/3/23 at 10:59am

Call_me_jorge said: "That photo of Derek Klena in a tight bathing suit is doing something to me."

It doesn't look like a period bathing costume to me.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#7Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/3/23 at 11:04am

It's wild to see people drooling over that nothing swimsuit pic of Derek Klena, while others are saying that Colton Ryan has no sex appeal on another thread. In my opinion, remarkably bland Klena is one of the un-sexiest actors on Broadway. However, I think Ryan, although not being as conventionally good-looking, is quite attractive and sexy. Primped and preened Klena just doesn't do it for me. 

Updated On: 2/3/23 at 11:04 AM

SisterGeorge
#8Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/3/23 at 12:16pm

I'm not seeing this until Saturday night, but I was at the Kennedy Center  Wed. evening for the opening of the United Ukrainian Ballet (same night as the opening of SB) and spotted Sebastian Arcelus a couple of hours before curtain getting take-out food from the cafe across the street. 

Odd the Post hasn't posted a review yet. There are a number of excellent center orch seats available for tonight.

Sister George

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#9Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/3/23 at 1:00pm

TaffyDavenport said: "It's wild to see people drooling over that nothing swimsuit pic of Derek Klena, while others are saying that Colton Ryan has no sex appeal on another thread. In my opinion, remarkably bland Klena is one of the un-sexiest actors on Broadway. However, I think Ryan, although not being as conventionally good-looking, is quite attractive and sexy. Primped and preened Klena just doesn't do it for me."

I just find this same type - skinny toned white guys - to be played out. Give me a thick beefcake or something. Where is the thick boy representation. 

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#10Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/4/23 at 12:08am

I'm a little shocked at Nathan Gunn's awful sprayed gray hair and Met Opera old age make-up. What is happening?!?!  YIKES!

B212323
#11Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/4/23 at 3:04am

I'm hoping it was from a dress rehearsal so it wasn't his complete look. 

South Florida Profile Photo
South Florida
#12Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/5/23 at 8:38pm

Is this going to NY, and if so when?

Stephanatic

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#13Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/5/23 at 8:40pm

South Florida said: "Is this going to NY, and if so when?

I don't think so...Sorry but the recent Guys and Dolls should!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George
Updated On: 2/5/23 at 08:40 PM

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#14Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/5/23 at 10:56pm

South Florida said: "Is this going to NY, and if so when?

"

Most likely not. I mean, we had the revival with Glenn Close reprising her role back in 2017 so I can’t imagine we’d get an actual revival anytime soon. 

mememe
#15Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/6/23 at 6:27am

Lot666 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "That photo of Derek Klena in a tight bathing suit is doing something to me."

It doesn't look like a period bathing costume to me.
"

It very much isn’t but they’ve streamlined the fit to better work with his body. The straighter cut of those high waited period swim shirts work better on a thicker body. It would have accentuated his slimmer build and made him look dorky, over hunky. It’s totally wrong for the period but a smarter aesthetic choice 

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#16Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center
Posted: 2/7/23 at 10:25am

Those cheap ass Home Depot porch lights on the stair banisters keep stealing my focus. 

Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center

Sunset Boulevard - Kennedy Center

Videos