News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AngActing

AngActing Profile Photo
Member Name: AngActing
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.atcollins.com
Blog Address: http://www.facebook.com/AngelAura28
Profile: Actor/Singer/Writer/Photographer/Psychic-Medium

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Movie Stars You Would Hate To See On Broadway (But are probably gonna  Jan 31 2008, 04:32:41 AM
Brooke Shields
Terry Hatcher

Oh wait, these both happened. I thought it was a nightmare.

re: One Playbill per person please.......one or one-hundred  Jan 22 2008, 02:20:50 PM
The people who take 15 or 20, I have found, sell them on eBay a lot of the time; for profit.

Personally, I take 2 to 5 of those left behind when everyone leaves -- as someone pointed out; they would've been taken anyway by the patron who left it behind. I take a few as I have some scrapbooks for different pictures, etc., keep one whole one for my collection and to give away others for friends who don't live here and are fans.

I used to usher Broadway shows, too -- and those sta

re: SPAMALOT - HANNAH WADDINGHAM  Jan 22 2008, 02:12:24 PM
Yes, I, too, saw her in London . . .she is amazing! Also, so funny and so nice at the stage door!!! You'll all love her!
There's room for everyone!  Jan 18 2008, 12:00:54 AM
I don't want to put any negative spins on it, thus, I feel it is not time to say too much. As for the Equity card . . . I am double checking with Equity about this contract.

I've done a couple of Equity Showcase(s) before and they didn't give me an Equity card. This is a different contract . . . so I'm not exactly sure if it is the same deal as a showcase.

More later . . . the public forum has zapped my energy and I'd like to stay upbeat! [Not you, my friends . . .the n

There's room for everyone!  Jan 17 2008, 11:36:55 PM
Well, again, I am enjoying my journey . . . sarcastic or not. The state of my career is brilliant. I've just been cast in an Equity production! Update later, once the show is up and running! Thanks for the support, though.
There's room for everyone!  Jan 17 2008, 07:16:14 PM
>> Ang, does this have anything to do with Scientology?

No, it not connected to any religion whatsoever. It is just "law of attraction". Sort of like the 'New Age Movement'. In this case, you should see the film "The Secret".

>> It kind of sounds like it? Does your thing have a name or is
>> it just a book?

It's several books . . . by Jerry and Esther Hicks. I'll privately send you their website. Michael J. Losier and Rhonda Byrne and many others up

wicked talent search in jan?  Jan 16 2008, 10:33:29 PM
>> Ang, I think your positive attitude is great. What book does
>> it come from? Did I see it on Oprah?

Well, you saw "The Secret" on Oprah. I actually got "into" law of attraction before "The Secret" was published. The book is called "Ask And It Is Given" by Jerry and Esther Hicks. "The Secret" is a little basic and "Ask" is much more in depth from step one to step two . . .up the scale and downstream. When you read it, or get it on audio CD, you'll know what I mean.

In s

wicked talent search in jan?  Jan 16 2008, 08:26:23 PM
I'm too old for American Idol . . . and I have to leave it at that. But hey, thank you for thinking I look young enough for the show!!! Woo Hoo!!!

And yes, JBL . . . even if someone isn't the world's greatest singer (and I didn't say I was the greatest or even the best). There are ways to "sell a song" with the voice one does have. Right?! Rex Harrison had a gift for this . . .selling a song.

Also, thanks for saying I am as "in shape" as the Star Wars girl. I wish I weighed w

wicked talent search in jan?  Jan 16 2008, 07:50:34 PM
>> You really need to wake up and figure out how you can
>> actually contribute to society before you find yourself 75
>> years old and chasing an entirely unrealistic fantasy.

Only unrealistic to you . . .
Secondly, if I am 75-years-old, I will be in the revival of "Pippin" and play the grandmother! And she sings, too!

And please, Colleen . . . "society"?! Because I know I will be on Broadway and say it out loud and this offends you so; you are assuming I

wicked talent search in jan?  Jan 16 2008, 07:16:21 PM
Look, not everyone likes everyone.

I am a character actor, I know that . . . and I can sing character roles. I'm actually too old to be the ingenue, anymore. And I was always the character type. Many character roles sing, too . . . "Elphaba" technically is a character role. So is "Madame Morrible" and sometimes the actress in the role can sing and sometimes cannot. [Madame Morrible, that is].

When I was in junior high and high school, I did win vocal awards and was in singing

wicked talent search in jan?  Jan 16 2008, 07:06:32 PM
>> Um, FTR, I am a vocal coach. And your youtube videos are not
>> much better.

>> I know this might come as a shock to you, because
>> your "friends" around you are trying to spare your feelings,
>> but you really, truly, honestly cannot sing.

It's not "my friends"! I am talking about casting directors who cast me in musicals, in singing roles! When they have other choices! And casting directors have no reason to "spare" my feelings. I am not a sensitive bubble of

wicked talent search in jan?  Jan 16 2008, 07:00:31 PM
>> Ang reminds me of those people on the American Idol auditions
>> that think they're going to be the next superstar but are
>> tone deaf, deluded, borderline retarded and thus become a
>> national joke.

Again, Colleen, you like to throw around diagnosis with absolutely no credentials to do so. Get a life, Colleen . . . !

I am not tone-deaf, at all . . . I am not deluded . . . I am not borderline anything . . .I am highly intelligent, I am realistic and know it ta

wicked talent search in jan?  Jan 16 2008, 06:46:14 PM
Your opinion . . . about my singing. I've been in tons of musicals. And one song on myspace is not the standard or a fair representation of my ability.

One song I did after being away from voice lessons for ten years, late at night with no sleep at a kareoke bar, on a dare. I just began regular voice lessons again only three months ago. And my YouTube singing is better . . . particularly the one's after my voice lessons [which are after I sing with the cast recording of "Wicked"; not th

wicked talent search in jan?  Jan 16 2008, 05:02:58 PM
>> I think you would make a good Madame Morrible, Ang.
Thank you, Phyllis! I'd have fun with that role, too . . .

>> I wish you had that on camera too Ang! It sounds like a
>> hoot!! Did you get to meet Courtney Love?

Oh yes, Jim was a hoot . . .! I did meet Courtney as she was in that scene. Mostly, though, in between takes, Courntey played with her little girl. It was sweet. It was obvious how much Courtney loves her daughter; no matter what was said to the contrar

wicked talent search in jan?  Jan 16 2008, 04:53:45 PM
Thank you, FindingNamo . . . you really moved me! And I am deeply grateful for those who support me and enjoy my work. I love you all! I will keep your words as one of the greatest compliments I've ever received!

>> FROM COLLEEN_LEE: I've met a lot of narcissitic and
>> egotistical actors in my day, but I think you may just be the
>> cream of the crop.

You obviously haven't met me, then . . . I am anything but narcissitic or egotistical; at least, in person. Perhaps my

re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?  Jan 16 2008, 01:06:21 PM
Look Sue, everyone in the business will tell you NOT to list background work. Did you not get that I did background work?

The film work in on top because the temp-plate from the webmaster places it there, actually. On my paper resume, theatre is on top.

Quite a few of the directors (on the Jim Carrey, Chris Walken and Ally McBeal sets) moved me up to "featured" background players [because they were impressed with my acting abilities]. Many background players just fo

re: vibrato in theatre  Jan 16 2008, 01:57:26 AM
Actually vibrato, if one supports, can be removed. It doesn't hurt the voice if you're doing it correctly. Vibrato that comes naturally from emotional moments in songs is healthy and can be very, very moving. Nevertheless, there are times you want a clear, strong tone, too.

Vibrato, if you have it all the time, is lack of support, usually. One should be able to have control of their voice . . . to be able to belt when needed, be able to sing legit when needed or a natural mix and to fee

re: Wicked Lotto wednesday afternoon mid January  Jan 16 2008, 01:29:12 AM
Slightly off-topic . . .

I have only 'played Broadway lottery' twice . . . for "The Drowsy Chaperone". I played in August 2007 and on December 29th, 2007 and won both times!!! In August there were a good 200 people playing . . . In December about 100, due to the announcement that it would close the next day.

Now, it's time to play "Wicked" lottery. I'm 2 for 2, thus, I should win!!!

re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?  Jan 16 2008, 01:01:34 AM
>> But the resume posted here is not even one page.

Yes, it is . . . but on the website the print is smaller. On the back of my photo's it is one full readable page. Casting people compliment me on my resume and how good it looks.

I wouldn't judge it by the small print of the website. Of course, I guess there's room for more. Nevertheless, I like to keep the "bigger", more important information there.

What is your experience Sue? Because, casting directors

re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?  Jan 15 2008, 10:08:07 PM
>> Not to be rude, but why isn't any of this on your resume?
>> And there is no such word as "casted".

Even if I was the one doing the casting? I cast directed? I cast the show . . .

Oh yes, I see and agree with you Sue, about that.

As to why these credits are not on my resume -- I don't update my resume every single week. Secondly, my resume is only "partial". If I put all that I do or have done in my acting career it would be ten pages long, if not more.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You