WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?

JacobHall
#1WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/12/07 at 11:45am

ok so I heaard that athey are doing some sort of wicked and other showz talent searches at the Entertainment indusstry expo in janeuary? is that true? it says it on thee expoes website so i assume it is . im an actor and wicked is my favorite show so i was just curious if anyone had more info about this? i went last year to the expo and i was seen for hairspray anyone know anymore info pr any advice on tips for auditioning for wicked???/

flapballchange
#2re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/12/07 at 12:11pm

Yeah-- i just went to the site eienyc.com and registered and they are casting for: WICKED, RENT LEAGALLY BLONDE, COLOR PURPLE,HIGHSCHOOL THE MUSICAL,
And you can get your audtion sent to you via email after your done-- so you can see what you did wrong. Very coo.

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#2re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/12/07 at 12:23pm

I thought I would fix this for you:

Ok, so I heard that they are doing some sort of talent search for ‘Wicked’ and other shows at the Entertainment industry expo in January.

Is that true?

It says it on the expo website, so I assume that it is.

I'm an actor and ‘Wicked’ is my favorite show, so I was just curious if anyone had more info about this?

I went last year to the expo and I was seen for ‘Hairspray’!

Does anyone know anymore info or have any advice on tips for auditioning for ‘Wicked’???

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

JacobHall
#3re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/12/07 at 12:31pm

thanks for that - i was in a rush and i am a horrible typer!

emo_geek Profile Photo
emo_geek
#4re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/12/07 at 1:40pm

Don't tell them that at the audition-
9 to 5 scouts might be there.

"I never had theatre producers run after me. Some people want to make more Broadway shows out of movies. But Elliot and I aren't going to do Batman: The Musical." - Julie Taymor 1999

JacobHall
#5re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/12/07 at 5:04pm

lol thanks for the advice

JacobHall
#6re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 2:46pm

i just called them and the rumor is true :)
Telsey + Company is doing a talent search for Wicked and some other shows like Legally blonde rent drowsy color purple and high school musical. saweeeeeeeeet
i just registered and if any of you guys want to also heres their link www.eienyc.com
laterz
Updated On: 12/13/07 at 02:46 PM

alex2155 Profile Photo
alex2155
#7re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 2:52pm

what exactley is this expo thing? Do people actually get cast from them?

AngActing Profile Photo
AngActing
#8re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 2:58pm

Yes, that would be my question . . . anyone ever cast from these? Know any stories about someone getting their "Boadway break" from it?

Also, all of you going there . . . are you of age? Other than "High School Musical", I believe you'd have to be over 18 for the other shows, or, well, I mean, I've never seen anyone in "Wicked" that is under 18 years old. In fact, besides a 22 or 23-year-old Galinda or two; mostly the cast is over 25.

Thoughts?

Love and Stage Lights, Angela Theresa

flapballchange
#9re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 4:01pm

EIE worked for my friend when he went to adudition and got signed by MMG and booked 2 gigs for the next 2 weeks. He also got a call back for Hairspray. He said he'd be going to go back because they have new shows and great lectures that I should go to. He said "An actors job is to audition and getting a show is a paid vacation." EIE has lost of chances to get a paid VaKay.

JacobHall
#10re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 5:34pm

that's pretty sweet
yea, my friend got called back for the 2(x)ist cover model gig - and they had some really good workshops this time also..im looking forward to it.

tinkerscanne
#11re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 8:07pm

I didn't go to the Expo, but I did read about open auditions for the standby for Tracy in Hairspray. I submitted my picture and resume (as was told to do if you were unable to make it to the expo) and got a call a week later for an audition. I'm a music teacher that loves theatre and has always had the dream to be on Broadway, so just landing the audition was a thrill for me.

Break a leg to all of you going!

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#12re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 9:24pm

here is the link. I know some people who have gone to this and although they did not get cast, they had a great time and got some really good feed-back. One even met his true love there!
EIE

PEACE.

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#13re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/13/07 at 9:31pm

I do not believe there is a minimum age or entrance fee.

PEACE.
Updated On: 12/14/07 at 09:31 PM

JacobHall
#14re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/14/07 at 11:50am

wow, he found his true love there? now I'm really excited :)

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#15re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/14/07 at 6:28pm

It is also recommended that you pre-register. You can do it online.

PEACE.

JacobHall
#16re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/15/07 at 9:30pm

whats the website address to do that again? im going to pass that info to my friends

JacobHall
#17re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/15/07 at 9:33pm

nevermind, sorry dumb question on my bpart, just found it. and for anyone else who is wondering - the link for the eventt is here: www.eienyc.com

JacobHall
#18re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 8:04pm

ok so now im really stoked. i just found out they are also casting for the new show catch me if you can at EIE in january booyah

alex2155 Profile Photo
alex2155
#19re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/17/07 at 11:19pm

Is this expo mostly for the casting of lead actors or understudies or do they cast ensemble or dancers from it as well?

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#20re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 12/31/07 at 6:03pm

Bumping to remind people about the expo! Don't forget to pre-register.

PEACE.

JacobHall
#21re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 1/6/08 at 12:42pm

Alex,
sorry it took me so long to respond to that - it looks like the casting calls are for anyone and any role. Its an "open search" so I belive that just means you can audition and if they like you they put you in wherever you fit best....you goin? im stoked.

DramaQueen700 Profile Photo
DramaQueen700
#22re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 1/6/08 at 12:54pm

im goin! pretty excited!

"The Light in the Piazza....My Love"

JacobHall
#23re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 1/6/08 at 1:02pm

me too :) are you auditioning?

alex2155 Profile Photo
alex2155
#24re: WICKED TALENT SEARCH IN JAN?
Posted: 1/6/08 at 7:31pm

maybe....haven't decided yet. I still don't quite understand how it works. Anyone gone before? How does it work? Do you just walk around and meet with casting directors or go to tables you are interested in auditioning for? Or do you go in one at a time and sing or read or dance? Do you have to prepare anything for it?