News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for flicker_

flicker_ Profile Photo
Member Name: flicker_
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Kristin Chenoweth on Funny or Die
 Aug 27 2008, 05:32:08 PM
Oh my God. That's possibly the best video I've watched. Ever.
What Will You Do If Wickedboy2 keeps bashing?
 Jun 7 2008, 08:02:52 PM
"is to comment on peoples grandma."

Oh dear God, that made me laugh SO hard.

Anyways, if Patti does not win I'll be pissed because I'm sick of stupid politics getting in the way of awarding those who are truly talented. But, I'll live, and Patti will as well.

re: A Tim Burton Directed 'Into The Woods'
 Dec 5 2007, 10:27:05 PM
Mysterious Man/Narrator: Peter O'Toole
Witch: Meryl Streep
The Baker: Billy Crudup
The Baker's Wife: Laura Linney
Jack: Freddie Highmore
Jack's Mom: Imelda Staunton
Little Red: Alison Lohman
Cinderella: Anne Hathaway
Stepsisters: Eva Green, Sienna Miller
Stepmother: Cate Blanchett
Princes: Chris Pine, Jake Gyllenhaal
Rapunzel: Amy Adams

re: The Phantom of the Opera: how is it romantic?
 Oct 20 2007, 05:02:21 PM
ro-man-tic : adj. inclined toward or suggestive of the feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love.

"Excitement" and "mystery" are the key words here. Romance is not always warm-hearted or fluffy or joyful. Romance can be heartbreaking, tortured, depressed, etc. In this case I find the Phantom of the Opera to be very romantic because it is the story of a tortured soul. While the phantom's love for Christine may be perverted, it stems from the genuine need we all have for bea

re: HUNCHBACK
 Aug 25 2007, 01:50:26 AM
I think Terrance Mann is a little tired of doing the disturbed and dark authority-figure...I mean, Javert, Chauvelin...
re: So they can create THIS but not realistic mermaids?!
 Aug 18 2007, 02:12:33 AM
HOLY CRAP.

I want to see that. Now.

re: Does Where You Sit Matter?
 Aug 5 2007, 12:42:03 AM
I live in California, so most of my theatre-going is in LA. But, anyways, for me, it definitely matters where I sit. For example, I saw Les Miserables, and I had AMAZING seats. I was really close and was able to see every emotion in all of the actors. I don't think that seeing that show would have been such a powerful or moving experience for me if I were to see it from nosebleed seats, or way in the back. Also, being a young person considering a career in theatre, going to the theatre is a learning experience as well. I find it best to learn in really good seats, even if it means I'm going to pay more. Hey, it's all for education
re: Acting: Truly THAT Hard?
 Jul 18 2007, 02:05:22 AM
My name? Hardly seems necessary for you to know it. I also don't see how you knowing who my brother is or how much money he makes would change the fact that he happens to have a loud voice. Frankly, I find it a little creepy that you're so curious.

And by "rich like me," I assume you mean 51 and trying way too hard to seem tough with a cancer stick hanging out of your mouth, which you assume makes you look so bad-ass. In that case, no, my brother is not "rich like you."

Jul 18 2007, 12:22:23 AM
^Actually, some people can.

My brother, for example, just has a naturally loud voice and is able to project properly, without damage to his vocal chords. But, like I said, not EVERYONE needs professional training. However, alot of people do.

Jul 18 2007, 12:13:11 AM
Acting is not hard.

Acting WELL is VERY hard.

I think that the main reason that acting well and acting genuine is so difficult is that you have to allow yourself to be vulnerable. And, being vulnerable is not something most humans want to do. But I think it is only through this vulnerability that emotions can be fully and truthfully tapped into. You can't be strong. You have to allow yourself to be emotionally affected by the material and your character. You can't resist, but

re: Name Pronunciations [HELP!]
 Nov 25 2006, 01:44:13 AM
For Alexander Gemignani, I believed it is pronouned:

je-mih-NYAH-nee

A good, Italian name, heehee.

re: Little Moments on Cast Recordings That You Love
 Nov 23 2006, 10:27:54 PM
The Light in the Piazza-
"Your milk...Your milk is, eh..."
"My milk is what? What milk?"
It's just so funny how Clara says this. I smile every time.

Sweeney Todd-
In The Judge's Return, when Sweeney sings, "And he was...naive." It's this throaty croak that gives me the chills.

Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Nov 19 2006, 10:17:44 PM
The first time I saw it, I thought High School Musical was kind of cute in that cheesey, Disney sort of way. It didn't make me extremely pissed off, like it did to most people.

Sarah Brightman's voice is seriously creepy.

I loved Gerard Butler as the Phantom in the movie. He wasn't the perfect singer, but he was dark, sexy, and heartbreaking.

I like Barbara Streisand.

Idina Menzel...yeah, I just don't get her.

re: You Know It's Community Theatre When...
 Oct 28 2006, 01:11:56 AM
The "Les Mis" barricade must be turned by hand by the back-stage tech people sitting behind it.

"Once Upon A Mattress" is done in a 60's motif because the costumes are easier to make that way.

We don't get a curtain until opening night.

There are those people who just think that they are the absolute best singers, so they feel the need to sing every damn song imaginable, in hopes they we'll hear their wonderful voices and compliment them.

re: this goes out to all you sweeney todd fans
 Oct 20 2006, 11:06:40 PM
*applauds stagemanager*

Pathetic bitches...But I digress. Thank you, Pants! I'm glad you had the opportunity to meet her.

re: Helena Bonham Carter To Star as Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd Film
 Oct 20 2006, 10:58:26 PM
WHY does Burton feel the need to place the same damn people in all of his movies?
re: Happy Birthday Julie Andrews
 Oct 1 2006, 12:30:07 PM
Happy birthday Julie Andrews!

71 and still unbelievably elegant and beautiful.

re: Beauty and the beast tour commercial
 Sep 19 2006, 09:52:58 PM
Hmmm...besides the Beast looking like a goat, it really is beautiful.
re: What show are YOU currently working on?
 Sep 19 2006, 09:35:00 PM
I just auditioned for "A Christmas Carol" at my highschool. *crosses fingers*
re: The 'Can Someone Please Explain ____' Thread
 Sep 17 2006, 06:07:15 PM
I don't get Idina Menzel. She's just okay... There's nothing that completely sensational about her, and I think the only reason for her popularity is because she was in popular shows. The shows made her who she is, not her own talent.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You