News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Square Peg2

Member Name: Square Peg2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

APPROPRIATE Reviews
 Jan 13 2024, 05:03:14 PM

Performance is going on tonight with Tina Benko going on for Paulson and Mia Sinclair Jenness going on for Fanning. I contacted Today Tix to refund and got a response saying my request for refund would be responded to within 5 days. So I'm now on hold with Second Stage, hoping to get confirmation of whether I'd be sacrificing my pricey ticket if I don't show tonight. 

Tysen & Howland’s GATSBY musical team announced
 Jul 28 2023, 10:15:46 PM

All right folks, help out a NY newbie. It's hard to tell from Google maps - if I live in Harlem, can I buy a ticket and just take a train to and from Paper Mill, or should I plan a weekend in NJ to see the show?

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Jun 26 2023, 12:37:38 PM

I would love to hear more details about people's memories of Brent Carver's performance.

I will admit to having a slight bias against Platt, though I've admired his work both times I saw the show, I also find Carver's grainy YouTube clips more powerful. I am very curious about anything the lucky ones in 1998 recall about his performance.

New Musicals by Jason Robert Brown, Gavin Creel & More Set for MCC's 2023/24 Season
 Jun 23 2023, 12:06:54 PM

Even as a huge Gavin Creel fan, I was shocked at how good his songwriting was when I saw the show at the Met. Very excited to see how it's evolved since.

Next to normal Donmar Warehouse
 Jan 26 2023, 01:20:16 PM

All this talk of Caissie Levy being American is making the pedant in me flinch...she's Canadian. It's totally different. 😁😉

A STRANGE LOOP On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Jan 7 2023, 02:19:05 PM

I was just at TKTS at Lincoln Center and got a ticket for tomorrow's matinee and then jumped on here and read all these recent updates! 🤯 Very excited to see what ends up happening tomorrow (I already saw the show with Jaquel so won't mind at all if tomorrow is a concert again!).

ALMOST FAMOUS On Broadway - P/reviews Thread
 Oct 29 2022, 12:49:26 PM

I saw the show last weekend. I had low expectations because the movie is so magical and I'm generally cynical about movie to stage musical adaptations. I'd say overall it exceeded my low expectations. I enjoyed it. The whole cast was really good. I don't know that I could confidently say anyone was great. Drew Gehling came the closest because he's just such a detailed and charismatic actor. The voices of the cast were outstanding, but the actors in the film have such uniquenes

Kimberly Vs. Hades
 Sep 23 2022, 01:05:03 PM

I'm just here to agree with everyone else. I have seen both and would not even hesitate to go back to Kimberly Akimbo before Hadestown. Hadestown is a lot of really wonderful things, but things that you can see a lot in other forms all the time. KA is so moving and unusual and is fully it's own experience, particularly with this cast. Go and enjoy!

Anything new on the rumored Groban-lead Sweeney?
 Sep 16 2022, 12:50:14 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "I love this show, but I'm gonna wait until after previews start to buy. This could go either way. I love Ashford, but if she's gonna trot out the same old mugging, I'll pass. I'd really like her to continue to play against type for a bit. We shall see."

Agreed, and I'm also desperately hoping she's done some work on her British accent since Kinky Boots. Her vowel sounds on the recording of History of Wrong Guys still gives me

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
 Aug 24 2022, 12:30:28 PM

All my refreshing finally paid off! Phew! And just in time for my Chipotle to be delivered...

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
 Aug 24 2022, 12:13:32 PM

I'm still having trouble. 

Every now and then when I click Refresh the page will load, but the Priority Booking page won't load any dates.

Goddess at the Berkeley Rep
 Aug 14 2022, 02:07:04 PM

Very keen to hear thoughts on this show! I think Amber Iman is a star, and she sang a beautiful number from Goddess at her recent Minetta Lane concert.

COMPANY To Close On July 31, 2022
 Jul 31 2022, 08:56:37 PM

inception said: "The whole "Not Getting Married Today" scene is set inside a sort of aspirational, well appointed yet cluttered, kitchen - all expensive appliances. How did these boys afford it? Are they both stock brokers? Instagram influences? The repeated emphasis that Paul is a Jew seems to suggest it is family money."

The link between being Jewish and having money is a very archaic and, frankly, uncool connection that you are making, not one implied by

INTO THE WOODS Reviews
 Jul 30 2022, 01:48:03 AM

2nd time seeing the show at the St James tonight and mostly just came here to find out what Tony category Patina's Act 2 wig can be nominated for. Stunning.

Cheyenne was gorgeous, as expected. I don't know that he navigated the switches in tone in Hello Little Girl with the specificity and quickness that Gavin did, but that's a small quibble (and one I would normally attribute to the regular in the role having more time to settle in, but Gavin had it pretty well nailed at C

The Oresteia
 Jul 28 2022, 05:33:04 AM

Having never been to Armory, is anyone able to comment on the quality of Zone B tickets? They're all I'm able to afford at the moment and Today Tix doesn't mark on the map where they are. Is this the kind of theatre where it doesn't matter too much where you sit?

Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
 Jul 28 2022, 05:26:07 AM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Funny because I've thought Rebecca Naomi Jones would be perfect as Audrey, ironic it will be Lena Hall--who i can NOT imagine as a vulnerable ditz but who I am sure will knock it out the park (and might get me to return).

Blanchard gave a near-brilliant performance that Lena Hall will definitely not replicate, and I look fwd to seeing what she comes up with. great news.
"

Oh mannnnnnnn the cash I would drop to see Rebecca Naomi J

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
 Jul 28 2022, 05:23:53 AM

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "I said it in the other thread, but I think we can celebrate Lena without diminishing Tammy’s run. While divisive, I happened to enjoy her grounded take that was a departure from the caricature big-voiced Audrey’s of the past. Her vulnerability was believable and definitely added layers to her Audrey. I’ll take acting chops over vocal pyrotechnics any day. Art is subjective for a reason, but let’s be respectful."

Hear,

COMPANY To Close On July 31, 2022
 Jul 23 2022, 05:24:14 PM

So glad I returned to the show the other night before it closes. I saw it during previews and then once while Nikki Renée Daniels played Bobbi (and a host of other understudies). It was thrilling to see (and especially to hear!) how Lenk's performance has grown, and I agree with some other assessments - I recall being blow away by Conte during previews, less so this week.

I also wanted to come here and give a little shout out to Terrence Archie. Larry can be such a thank

Rob McClure to Join LITTLE SHOP as Seymour on July 12th
 Jul 21 2022, 01:03:55 PM

Alex M said: "Rob is out of the show with covid. Had tickets to see his opening night last week but was dealing with covid myself. Switched my tickets to tonight only to find out he was gonna be out. Sad but still hoping for a good show!"

The "I'm so sorry" in his social media post about getting covid broke my heart a little! It must be so upsetting to have to step out so soon into a run. 

INTO THE WOODS Reviews
 Jul 17 2022, 10:54:57 PM

PipingHotPiccolo said:

Patina Miller didnt find a way to let loose/belt/explode in any of those songs, and I remember Vanessa Williams finding vulnerability that Patina certainly wasn't interested in. But she sounded great, I thought."

I felt similarly about Patina's performance. She crooned some deliciously good mid-range notes, where the tone was just so rich, but when it came to the bigger moments, I didn't feel the elevation I felt

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You