News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WickedForever2

WickedForever2 Profile Photo
Member Name: WickedForever2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Hey I'm Katie, 19 years old. My favorite male and female performers are Roger Bart and Idina Menzel, respectively so sue me. I enjoy mindless entertainment such as Wicked and Young Frankenstein, but my favorite show is Les Mis, so judge me. I happen to still be a rather intelligent individual despite my liking for certain shows other deem inadequate.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Brian d'Arcy James=Shrek
 Mar 10 2008, 03:31:50 AM
^Agreed. Yes, actors can talk all they want about being challenged and finding moving pieces of theatre, but at the end of the day, you gotta pay the bills... It would be nice if we lived in a country where art for the sake of art was subsidised so no one had to worry about how much money they were making, but we don't. That's why shows like Next to Normal are playing Off-Broadway and shows like Wicked and Young Frankenstein are on Broadway.
re: Brian d'Arcy James=Shrek
 Mar 9 2008, 06:24:05 PM
Oh man, there goes a load of cash this fall when it's in Seattle... Sutton and Brian?! Sweet.
re: NYC Ballet. Is it worth going to
 Jan 19 2008, 03:18:59 PM
Yes, go!! They are AMAZING.
re: Unintentional Prop Breaks
 Dec 31 2007, 10:25:20 PM
My favorite was on the Les Mis tour when Thenardier, during the wedding scene, kicked one of the plates they were trying to steal and the guard guy is supposed to stop it with his foot but it flew into the wings and apparently knocked a bunch of other sutff over because there was this massive crash from backstage. Needless to say the next night, he kicked it slower so the guard could stop it.
re: She would make an amazing ariel
 Dec 28 2007, 07:55:43 PM
Amy Adams is great in Enchanted, but I'm not sure she's got the vocal skill/power to do 8 shows a week...
re: Student Expeled from art school for quoting Sweeney Todd
 Dec 26 2007, 05:38:57 PM
I too am a fan of the misspellings from a person who wasn't paying attention in their English class...
re: Is Chenoweth London-Bound as Cunegonde?
 Dec 10 2007, 04:40:13 PM
I really want to see this happen because it would be incredible to see her live in this role, but I don't want it to happen because my bank account can't afford another trip to London for a show...
re: Spring Awakening final performance
 Dec 3 2007, 02:59:02 AM
The 16th.
re: LimelightMike's YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN Review
 Nov 30 2007, 05:07:19 PM
"As an aside... During the scene where Fredrick's in the room with the Monster, the "Don't open the door no matter WHAT" scene, I was banking on swearing from Roger ... 'cause that's just how he rolls! So, he gets started, "Hey there, handsome, etc., etc." The monster breaks free, and he gets into the, "Get me the HELL OOOOOUUUUT!" He looks away and screams, "OoOoOoOoO!!!!" (timidly) "F**k." I burst out laughing 'cause it wasn't the delivery I expected, and it was just ... y'know, perfect. haha
re: Enchanted
 Nov 29 2007, 02:44:47 AM
Favorite part has to be the bit of "The Happy Working Song" about 'so friends, even though you're vermin' I about died laughing so hard. And um, Idina is gorgeous but that hair style for the ball scene was the most hideous thing ever, poor girl.
re: Idina Menzel as the Witch in Into the Woods
 Nov 24 2007, 03:51:00 AM
"Vocally she'd be great, but I don't know if she could pull it off acting-wise."

Interesting, I was actually thinking the exact opposite... Girl's got some acting skills, she's just been cast in some roles that don't show her potential. Watch "Ask the Dust" she's the best actor in that movie.

re: The Strike May Get Worse
 Nov 21 2007, 04:34:09 AM
I really can't see the strike being the "death of Broadway" because there are still too many people out there who support. Could it cause a sort of depression in theatre enthusiasm/attendance? You bet. But just like any economic depression, Broadway will emerge "stronger" in the form of higher ticket prices I predict...
re: DON'T YOU PEOPLE GET IT. YES THIS IS MY RANT ABOUT THE STRIKE
 Nov 12 2007, 03:35:35 AM
I'm honestly a little upset with all the "the tourists need to stop whining" sentiments around here. I live in Washington state in a small town where most people are farmers and have no idea where "Broadway" is even located. I've been wanting to go to NYC for YEARS, but it's really expensive and my family is not made of money. Had I finally saved enough and planned a trip out there right now to see all these shows I hear so much about, I would be extremely upset and disappointed. Sure I coul
re: 'The Strike Pool'
 Nov 11 2007, 06:23:10 PM
I'm gonna go with Nov. 23rd, the day after Thanksgiving.
re: Does there really need to be 4 YF ads on the page??
 Nov 10 2007, 08:59:43 PM
"aww thats cute, the arrogant, ignorant, talentless wannabe with dead beat parents is trying to be witty."

Shall we think back to what you were telling me last night about Mel Brooks? I think you hardly have room to talk...

re: what went wrong between YF reading & the show?
 Nov 10 2007, 04:07:37 AM
And so Liverpool, it would seem I have made my point and you have moved on to a new battle and with that, I say good night.
 Nov 10 2007, 03:53:17 AM
Neither. I do not know Mr. Brooks personally and I feel that makes me incapable of issuing such a decree about his character. When I buy a ticket to the theatre I am paying for an evening of entertainment. I purchased a ticket to this show for $78 in Seattle and felt I received what I had paid for. For some people, that price is too steep, for others, they are willing to pay more. Mr. Brooks' moral integrity has very little to do with what I or anyone else watches onstage.
 Nov 10 2007, 03:46:07 AM
Again you jump to conclusions. I have yet to comment on my feelings about Mr. Brooks.
 Nov 10 2007, 03:41:38 AM
Hmm, I do not believe I have ever defended Mel Brooks in this conversation. I merely asked how you knew he was a douchebag, but I never said I didn't agree. Perhaps you have assumed that fact based on my request for you to explain your reasoning, but that assumption could indeed be incorrect.
 Nov 10 2007, 03:36:51 AM
Oh come on WickedBoy2! I am rather enjoying this. I always love a good debate in which I can use my logical and rational reasoning to counter the opponent's intelligent viewpoint. *please read the sarcasm here...*
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You