"The Strike Pool"

Bwayfan4
#1"The Strike Pool"
Posted: 11/11/07 at 1:38pm

Think YOU know when the strike will end???

Do YOU have some "behind the scenes" info from someone "in the know"...then make a guess at WHEN the strike will end!

There's no cost to you...no rules...just make a guess at when the strike will finally be over!

The winner will receive one front row orchestra seat (A107)to "Is He Dead?"

(Of course the ticket was to yesterday's matinee performance, so it's null and void...)

**Okay so clearly the strike is making everyone cranky...I thought we could all take some time away from "the issues" and have a little fun with the situation! :)

Just so everyone is aware....my official end strike date guess will be this coming Thursday, November 15th. NOBODY ELSE TAKE IT!!!

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#2re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 1:40pm

I've got the 17th, sunday.

ETA

of november of course Updated On: 11/11/07 at 01:40 PM

shesamarshmallow
#2re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 1:43pm

Shoot, I wanted Thursday. If I say that performances will start on Friday the 16th, is that different, or not?

broadwayunderstudies.com - most underrated performers on broadway

Bwayfan4
#3re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 1:43pm

I've been trying tu update my original message but I can't seem to, so I'm going to reply to my own message.

PS....I am trying to make light of an ugly situation. If you are going to whine or be pissy about it, then don't read it! I am in full support of ending the strike sooner than later (for the sake of everyone involved)

JustAGuy Profile Photo
JustAGuy
#4re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 1:44pm

Wednesday Nov. 21, just in time for the Thanksgiving.

"Just a Guy. Your feelings are touching. I am gladdened by the thought that you will one day wind up 6 feet under as we all do." - MrRoxy ------ "I do not suggest you walk out the door onto a New York street with your vulnerable child part exposed and not protected..." - Jason Bennett

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#5re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 1:46pm

Tuesday the 20th. Most schools don't have school Wednesday; they'll want to be open for matinees.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#6re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 1:48pm

As long as it is before 11/24, I'm good.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

defyingravity11 Profile Photo
defyingravity11
#7re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 6:14pm

Monday the 19th

Although that would still mean that I would miss Seafarer and Rock n Roll re: 'The Strike Pool'

"In theater, the process of it is the experience. Everyone goes through the process, and everyone has the experience together. It doesn't last - only in people's memories and in their hearts. That's the beauty and sadness of it. But that's life - beauty and the sadness. And that is why theater is life." - Sherie Rene Scott

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#8re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 6:19pm

Grrr...defyingravity11 stole my day. I want it to be over with as soon as possible for everyone's sake, but to have it ended in time for my Spring Awakening onstage seats might be nice.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

One NYC StageHand
#9re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 6:22pm

My guess if the strike isn't over by Jan. 20, then the union will cave. Without good faith bargaining, probably not before.

WickedForever2 Profile Photo
WickedForever2
#10re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 6:23pm

I'm gonna go with Nov. 23rd, the day after Thanksgiving.

#11re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 7:57pm

I'm betting on Tuesday the 13th, and I think the prize should be a box of Krispy Kremes.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#12re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 7:59pm

I say nothing until mid December

Poster Emeritus

Bwayfan4
#13re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 8:47pm

Get outta here ONE NY STAGEHAND...do you REALLY think it will last until January?

(BTW I didn't really mean for you to get out of here...I don't want anyone to misinterpret my words!)

Wow...that's a long time. I hope for everyone's sake you are wrong. I can only imagine the disastrous impact a two month strike would have...yikes!

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#14re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 8:50pm

The city will intervene before January.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

Bwayfan4
#15re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 8:51pm

I hope so, orange...I can't even fathom the amount of money the city could be losing if the strike were to continue for that length of time...

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#16re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/11/07 at 9:22pm

I'm going with late tuesday november 13th

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

neddyfrank2
#17re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/12/07 at 3:31am

I am also going with the 13th on November.

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#18re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/12/07 at 4:28am

hummm..based on my reliable "Straits Times" live from Singapore, then knowing nothing much will get done during Thanksgiving Weekend or on a Monday for that matter,

I'm saying Nov. 28th.

For those who will be off flying to Singapore for the Holiday and still stuck at the Airport trying to make their way through Homeland Security. I also predict they will fight all day on Tuesday so Weds. is as good as any day I suppose. Though it is not out of this World to think it will not go well into the first week of December. That would be horrible but I am looking at who is trying to negotiate this mess and how little the progress has been already.

Of course I hope it is earlier. I believe there will be huge attempts at intervention which the Union will have to fight because it is always never in their best interest.

BroadwayBound86 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound86
#19re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/12/07 at 4:37am

I don't see this coming to an end before Thanksgiving...

fengshuihellnyc
#20re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/12/07 at 4:55am

I say MARCH 16th 2008. THE STAGEHANDS UNION FOLDING AND GIVING IN

nygrl23 Profile Photo
nygrl23
#21re: 'The Strike Pool'
Posted: 11/12/07 at 9:27am

Tuesday, 11/27.

Videos