News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for guymy13

guymy13 Profile Photo
Member Name: guymy13
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BCEFACares
 Apr 11 2011, 07:18:10 PM
Saw Book of Mormon and Anything Goes yesterday. Book of Mormon had signed window cards for $200 and the cast members had buckets for donations. Anything Goes wasn't collecting.
Other Desert Cities - Anyone Seen It?
 Dec 21 2010, 06:03:29 PM
I hope you enjoy it. It was a little bit under 2.5 hours with an intermission.
Other Desert Cities - Anyone Seen It?
 Dec 20 2010, 08:01:34 PM
I saw this Saturday evening (after seeing the matinee of Spider-Man) and I had a good time. It starts off fairly funny, but gets serious about halfway through the first act. The end is a bit predictable (as was announced by the lady in front of me part way through the second act), but I don't believe the ending was supposed to be a surprise so I don't hold that against it. All of the actors did a wonderful job, and I felt the play was very well written (I'll add here, that I don't consider mys
re: Will Call Question
 Aug 9 2009, 08:07:46 PM
Of all the times I've done will call, I can't recall ever being asked for an ID. I usually just tell them I'm picking up tickets and either give them my last name or the credit card. Of course no guarantee, but I'd imagine you'll be okay.
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!
 Aug 9 2009, 06:13:10 PM
I, too, was at the matinee yesterday. It was my 3rd time seeing the show. Cell phones (not mine) went off during the silence before I Am the One (reprise) at two of the three performances I saw. It really ruins the moment. Oh well, still a great show :)
re: 39 steps tdf tickets
 Aug 1 2009, 11:27:47 PM
I got a ticket for this show through TDF last month. It was center orchestra row N. It was towards the back, but a great seat. Have a good time!
re: The Shows You Saw This Year:
 Dec 27 2008, 12:19:32 PM
Broadway:
Young Frankenstein
Les Miserables
In The Heights
South Pacific
Xanadu
Curtains (x2) (final performance)
Wicked
Avenue Q
Rent (final performance)
White Christmas (opening night)
Cry-Baby
A Catered Affair
Pal Joey
Sunday in the Park With George
August Osage County
A Chorus Line
Gypsy
[title of show]
Shrek
Damn Yankees
Tommy Reunion Concert

Off-Broadway
Saved!
What's That Smell
Marri

re: SHREK Questions
 Nov 15 2008, 05:45:22 PM
I can't really add anything to the seating questions (other than don't sit in the mezzanine), but Sutton Foster came out last night and signed for everyone, and was pretty awesome. Jen Cody came out and hung around talking to an acquaintance by the stage door, and signed for those who approached her, but didn't go along the barricade from what I could see (which was the case with much of the ensemble/fairy tale characters). The young Fionna's came out but were with family, so I don't believe t
re: PAL JOEY -- First Preview Thoughts
 Nov 15 2008, 01:18:35 PM
Going into the show last night, I knew nothing about Pal Joey, but I had a good time. I agree that Martha Plimpton stole the show, but I thought that the other actors did a great job as well. I was surprised to see the negative reaction this is getting online. Hopefully they make the changes needed so that everyone enjoys it.
re: The Story of My LIfe
 Nov 3 2008, 08:07:29 PM
I agree 100% with what you said. I saw this show two times last week, and would have went back more if I had been able. Has this show announced a theatre yet?
re: When sending a letter to someone
 Sep 28 2008, 03:56:50 PM
I may be mistaken, but I think you write the name of the theatre where you have the show listed, so it would be:

Name of person
c/o theatre
address of theatre

re: Funny Mary Testa/Jackie Hoffman Adlibs?
 Sep 28 2008, 03:34:25 PM
I love reading these adlibs :) Last time I went, there were two ladies sitting in the onstage seats next to an elderly couple. The elderly couple were wearing Xanadu t-shirts and Broadway hats. The two ladies had to be spoken to about not eating or taking pictures before the show and didn't really laugh much afterwards. After the "Am I the only one who gets it?" part, Jackie walked over to the elderly couple, checked out their clothing and said "Aww, aren't you two cute." Then she paused be
re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)
 May 23 2008, 09:51:36 PM
I'll be on stage tomorrow evening (for time number 4). I'm taking a friend who hasn't seen it yet. I'm thinking she'll love it though:) I may be mistaken, but Saved is playing until the end of June, so I imagine Curtis won't be taking over Sonny until after that.
re: What's your spring / summer Broadway schedule?
 May 7 2008, 08:05:42 PM
So far, I have tickets for:
May 24th--Saved and Xanadu
June 29th--Curtains
July 19th--Damn Yankees
September 7th--Rent

The BWW Merry-Go-Round
 Apr 6 2008, 06:18:46 PM
I was there with one of my friends last night as well. I agree with almost everything jeffrey1dog said. Perhaps, I had lower expectations from having read what others said about it, but I had such a good time at the show (as did my friend). The audience around us seemed to be having a lot of fun, too. I was happy to see John Waters there taking notes, as I took that as they aren't giving up on it yet. I hope that the show has a longer run than many are predicting for it.
re: The Drowsy Chaperone vinyl good?
 Mar 13 2008, 08:47:36 PM
I agree with Yero. For me, the record was definitely worth the $50. It takes out Man in Chair's dialogue and inserts other character's (who would've been in the 1928 recording). But ultimately you won't listen to it more than a couple of times if you already own the OBCR. So my enjoyment, too, comes from owning it, not listening to it. I have the record displayed with my other Drowsy merchandise and every-so-often I'll listen to it, just to get some use out of my record player :) Ultimatel
re: Drowsy Chaperone in Buffalo
 Mar 7 2008, 11:06:33 AM
I saw it in Hartford as well and agree that Nancy Opel was good but not great as the chaperone. The set was just about identical to the Broadway set. The only differences I noticed was that "Love is Always Lovely in the End" was done in front of the curtain instead of having its own set and the exterior backdrop in the end didn't move quite as smoothly as it did on Broadway. I was impressed with the tour.
'Do the 'Du!' with The 'Du Crew
 Feb 28 2008, 12:24:21 AM

'Do the 'Du!' with The 'Du Crew
 Feb 27 2008, 11:45:45 AM
Have they announced who won the "design a fanadu" tee-shirt contest yet? An announcement of the official Fanadu tee-shirt could be something that would be good news for one person specifically and everyone else in general. It's probably the "Kerry Contest" though.
re: The Farnsworth Invention- Hank Azaria
 Feb 19 2008, 10:46:37 PM
When I saw a matinee of Farnsworth during previews, he left through the stage door. He was the only actor to stop. He signed (only playbills) and talked but wasn't taking pictures. He seemed very friendly though. Have a good time!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You