BCEFA collections?

tking001
#1BCEFA collections?
Posted: 3/6/11 at 8:13pm

When do shows start collecting money(and selling stuff) for BCEFA, I know that the Easter Bonnet(in April) is the end of the collection period but when does it start?
Thanks

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#2BCEFA collections?
Posted: 3/6/11 at 8:26pm

It's usually the 6 weeks before the Easter Bonnet competition.

popstarjim3
#2BCEFA collections?
Posted: 3/19/11 at 4:33pm

Some shows have started collections. What are they selling and how much?

CarmenDeBris
#3BCEFA collections?
Posted: 3/19/11 at 6:25pm

La Cage has....playbills for 40. Harvey sold the sunglasses off his costume for 500 in an auction on stage. So far that's the only one I know of.

pc1145N2 Profile Photo
pc1145N2
#4BCEFA collections?
Posted: 3/22/11 at 1:22pm

*bump*

Does anyone have any additional information about any specific shows?

Thanks in advance.

viola13
#5BCEFA collections?
Posted: 3/22/11 at 3:02pm

Mary Poppins has signed windowcards for $40, kid aprons for $20, reusable grocery totes for $10, and backstage tours w/a meet and greet for $150.

American Idiot has signed prop bus tickets for $20, signed windowcards for $80, bracelets made from their used guitar strings for $80, and bracelets made from Billie Joe Armstrong's and Melissa Etheridge's guitar strings for a couple hundred. Can't remember if it was $200 or $300.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#6BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/22/11 at 3:14pm

SO on the flimsiest connection, I REALLY wanted to see Peter and the StarCatchers ( + the Whipping Man) and BCEFA Care Tix made it happen! Its basically double the regular ticket price BUT the 2nd amount is a donation to the cause. A bit pricey but the money doesn't go to scalpers or "2ndary suppliers" or Premium Tickets.
I get what I want & I do good!

littlepaperstars
#7BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/23/11 at 4:35am

That Championship Season was collecting when I went last week. They had signed playbills and windowcards plus a basketball they used in rehearsal.

My blog: http://thebroadwaybostonian.wordpress.com/

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/23/11 at 4:38am

And remember: shows in previews do not collect. (At least, that's what I remember...)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#8BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/23/11 at 4:38am

And remember: shows in previews do not collect. (At least, that's what I remember...)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

popstarjim3
#10BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/23/11 at 8:32am

How much were the window cards at That Championship Season?

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#11BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/23/11 at 11:14am

At BILLY ELLIOT last night, "Tony winner Gregory Jbara" (his words, not mine) offered a personal tour of backstage for $200 per person, including meeting Billy. Other than that, it was the standard signed Playbill, signed windowcard, or "Express Yourself" pin.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#12BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/23/11 at 12:50pm

How much were the window cards at That Championship Season?

$80 for the window cards, $40 for the Playbills.

LOMBARDI has signed Playbills for $20, signed window cards for $60 and signed footballs for $300.

(LOMBARDI & THAT CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON have also started a new thing that I like, all of their signed Playbills come pre-wrapped in a plastic slip-cover.)

LA CAGE was also selling packs of playing cards signed by Harvey Fierstein, I believe they were gifts he gave the cast on his first night in the show, for $100. They may have sold out of those as they only had a limited amount.

MILLION DOLLAR QUARTET - $60 window cards, $25 photo with one of the cast members.

PHANTOM, JERSEY BOYS, MAMMA MIA - same items & prices as always.

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"
Updated On: 3/23/11 at 12:50 PM

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#13BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/23/11 at 12:57pm

I'm seeing Anything Goes in a next week and was hoping they might be offering some sort of tour but they'll still be previews won't they.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

TIGGOSAURUS Profile Photo
TIGGOSAURUS
#14BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/23/11 at 1:10pm

Are La Cage selling window cards as well as playbills? I love the artwork for this production, would definitely go for a signed copy.

Seen some shows in my time....

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#15BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/23/11 at 2:12pm

I don't think LA CAGE has printed up new windowcards since Jeffrey Tambor's departure...I wonder if they will spend the money to manufacture a third windowcard for the production.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#16BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/23/11 at 3:33pm

Avenue Q has started. Signed playbills, pictures with the puppets, signed posters and pins.

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 3/29/11 at 03:33 PM

frogs_fan85 Profile Photo
frogs_fan85
#17BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/24/11 at 12:37am

The decks of playing cards were still available tonight at LA CAGE.

CarmenDeBris
#18BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/24/11 at 12:40am

Good People is doing Window Cards and Playbills. I didn't get a price on them.

JbaraFan1
#19BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/24/11 at 3:26pm

Yero my Hero wrote: At BILLY ELLIOT last night, "Tony winner Gregory Jbara" (his words, not mine) offered a personal tour of backstage for $200 per person, including meeting Billy.

If a mention of his Tony win influences patrons in giving more to BC/EFA (which I guarantee is Greg's incentive here), then more power to him. Nothing wrong with that.

(Not that I'm saying you were saying there's anything wrong with it. I don't really know what you were saying to be honest. lol) - Barb

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#20BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/24/11 at 4:03pm

Oh, I thought it was hilarious and adorable! He said it in kind of a self-deprecating way, so most of the audience laughed.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

JbaraFan1
#21BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/24/11 at 6:10pm

Yero, thanks for your kindness in explaining further. Anyway, yeah, that sounds like Greg. :)

Great cause (goes without saying). I hope all the shows rake in loads more dollars this year for BC/EFA than ever before.

tking001
#22BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/24/11 at 6:11pm

Are they planning to sell anything at Book of Mormon(since it opens tonight?)

Also what about Rock of Ages What do they usually have?

Do they take creditcards for BCEFA donations or just cash?
Thanks

Elke Profile Photo
Elke
#23BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/25/11 at 10:54am

Maybe they have started in the meantime, but there were no collections at Priscilla's first performance after Opening Night.

musicman_bwayfan
#24BCEFA CareTIX
Posted: 3/26/11 at 5:50pm

bump

Any news on GHETTO KLOWN?