News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pharmer2000

pharmer2000 Profile Photo
Member Name: pharmer2000
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Disney's NEWSIES On Broadway -- Previews
 Mar 16 2012, 11:05:31 PM
I was also at the first preview, and this was the most exciting and energetic first preview that I have been to, and I have been to a lot of them. I am fortunate to have been to 2 performances at Papermill, so I really got to see the development of Newsies as it transitioned to Broadway. I did not think that it was possible to improve on Jeremy Jordan's amazing performance, but last night he proved to be a true professional by expanding and developing on his already outstanding portrayal of Ja
The Submission at MCC
 Sep 9 2011, 02:55:54 PM
I was also at the first preview and really enjoyed The Submission. The play is intelligent and thought provoking. Jonathan Groff, Rutina Wesley, Eddie Kaye Thomas, and Will Rogers are an amazing cast. They each performed their roles with excellence. I highly recommend seeing The Submission.
Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
 Mar 15 2011, 02:26:39 AM
I was at the second preview. I totally loved this show. The music and songs are upbeat and fun. Aaron Tveit totally commanded this show with his talent and enthusiastic performance. Norbert Leo Butz played the perfect combination of comedy and serious FBI agent. Tom Wopat delivered an amazing performance as the father going through tough times. I really thought it was brilliant how the character of Frank Jr takes on yet another persona as the host of one of those flashy 1970's television va
Fiddler on the Roof in Philadelphia
 May 22 2010, 06:19:21 AM
I just saw Fiddler on the Roof at The Walnut Street Theatre in Philadelphia on Thursday night. It was amazing! This is the best production of Fiddler that I have ever seen, and I have seen many. This production has heart and a true sense of reality. Tony nominee Mark Jacoby takes a well known and loved character, that is closely associated with other actors, and truly makes it his own. Mark Jacoby IS Tevye, and leads a very talented and enthusiastic cast in welcoming the audience to their "litt
re: West Side Story question
 Aug 23 2009, 10:13:01 PM
I just got home from todays performance, and Matthew Hydzik was in as Tony. He was awesome. He had great chemistry with Maria as well as his best friend Riff and the other Jets. Matt H is very believable as a "former" gang leader looking for a change or "something good" in his life.
I also have to mention that John Arthur Greene was a great Riff.
Curtis Holbrook was great as Action, He has great comedic and dramatic instinct. Curtis hits it out of the park in Gee Officer Krupke.
K

re: rOcKS @ '9 to 5'
 Apr 8 2009, 01:36:27 AM
I can not say enough to praise 9 to 5. I am so glad to be part of the first preview audience. 9 to 5 is truly an amazing show with an important message and a lot of laughs. This is the show to see! The entire cast is superb, especially Allison Janney, Stephanie J. Block and Megan Hilty. Dolly Parton outdid herself with such beautiful and fun music and lyrics. Patricia Resnick did a fantastic job keeping the flavor of the movie, while reinventing it for the stage. The audience was very responsiv
re: N2N Soundtrack
 Apr 7 2009, 05:09:45 PM
Awesome cast recording! I really want to go back and see this show again. No doubt that I will. Great cast, great music and lyrics, great show!
re: 9 to 5 First Preview
 Apr 7 2009, 05:03:12 PM
3 hours until curtain. I am very excited to see this show.
re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
 Nov 5 2008, 01:26:33 AM
I will be at the closing performance. I really enjoyed this show and am glad to have shown my support during its all too short run.
re: ATOTC Today - WOW
 Oct 26 2008, 08:05:40 PM
Glad you enjoyed it!!!! It really is a great show, but for some reason the critics had a chip on their shoulder from even before day one. I think that the set is brilliant, actually. It is very symbolic of how the "skeleton" structure of the set can change drastically in our minds based on who resides inside or what backdrop surrounds it.

re: Whats next for Cheyenne Jackson?
 Oct 17 2008, 01:08:08 PM
I was lucky enough to catch "Dancing in the dark" in San Diego while on a business trip. I thought it was great and has great Broadway potential. I am real glad to see Cheyenne as part of this project.
re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording
 Oct 15 2008, 03:09:00 PM
Jill, no problem! I just wanted to add that friends of mine, fellow BWW posters, have also seen and loved the show multiple times. My Third time back, I brought my former High School English teacher/musical theatre director and she loved it as well. She in turn recommended the show to one of her colleagues and they are now taking an entire school group to see A Tale of Two Cities in early December. Your show has so much to be appreciated on so many different levels, not only regarding theatr
re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording
 Oct 14 2008, 04:17:32 PM
Jill, and everybody else involved with A Tale of Two Cities,
I really enjoyed the show, and even saw it three times to date. I am so impressed with the artistic treatment of all aspects of the production, (book, music, lighting, set design). The talent was amazing, and I truly felt for the characters. I feel that it is a powerful piece, and in an attempt to get back to the original topic, I am looking forward to a Broadway cast recording and am waiting eagerly for its announcement!

re: Your thoughts on Disney producing 'Enchanted' on bway
 Oct 9 2008, 11:31:10 PM
Totally possible and effective if the show starts out as an animated movie on a 2D screen then tranforms to live action on stage. I would expect a reworking of the songs and story to fit a stage adaptation, i.e. toilet scrubbing roaches would be difficult to see from the upper mezz. I would rather see an original story, but if we must resort to already produced films, I would love to see Pinocchio as a musical.
re: PR: HAIRSPRAY @ The Walnut St. Thea.
 Oct 9 2008, 11:02:17 PM
I will be there during previews. Walnut Street always does a fine job, so I am excited to see their treatment of Hairspay, one of my favorite musicals.
re: BILLY ELLIOT - First Preview - 10/01/08
 Oct 2 2008, 03:34:27 AM
Was at the first preview, and I am in total agreement with WAT. I will not repeat what was already said, but i just gotta say "WOW". The entire cast is awesome and Kiril is absolutely amazing. They should all be very proud. I will see this show again and again, I am sure.
re: Farewell XANADU!! (Sunday, Sept. 28th, 2008)
 Sep 28 2008, 08:26:24 PM
What a ride it has been! When the prospect this show was first announced, I was shocked that it was even a consideration, but after seeing Xanadu and it's incredible cast, I was truly hooked. Not only are these performers a very talented and funny cast, but they also happen to be very genuine and friendly people. I wish them all the best, and I look forward to seeing the Xanadu alumni in their future theatrical endeavers. Thanks for the gift of Xanadu!!!
Xanadu Closing Video
 Sep 25 2008, 02:38:06 PM
Wednesday night appeared to be PACKED!!! the audiance was VERY responsive and that may have been one of the best Xanadu performances that I have seen, and I have seen the show many times. I really just wish the cast and crew all the best and I know that we will see them in other theatrical projects real soon!
re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on DAMN YANKEES.
 Jul 29 2008, 04:05:00 AM
Great review! I was there that day also and made it into your stage door pics, haha, awesome!
re: BWW TV Exclusive: Disney's Broadway Stars Salute Alan Menken
 Apr 20 2008, 04:15:16 PM
"It was a private event/concert given by Disney Theatricals for the road show theaters. So even if you knew about it ahead of time, it was invite-only..."

Thanks for the response Craig. I thought maybe I just snoozed through the announcements, Haha. I do not feel so bad now, and I even more appreciate you and the BWW gang for bringing us truly "exclusive" clips such as this one. Thanks for making BWW my primary Broadway information and community site!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You