KathyGriffinLovesYou
#4re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 7:44pm

The world is ending!!!

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#5re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 7:45pm

Daaaang... I was just reading James Barbour's blog and hoping for the cast recording he'd hinted at...

I'm a lot sadder than I thought I'd be, even though this is clearly no surprise.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#6re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 7:48pm

Not much of a shock. I guess Scientology money kept it open longer than it should have.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

dg22894
#7re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 7:48pm

I have not seen it but the idea did not seem right and it was not making a lot of money.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#8re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 7:49pm

So sad. I will definitely be at the closing performance.

ashley0139
#9re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 7:51pm

I was hoping to see this but now I don't think it's going to happen. re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

geekgirl06 Profile Photo
geekgirl06
#10re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 7:57pm

NO WAY!

Okay, totally saw this one coming, but it's still kind of disheartening to see another show close, even one with poor reviews. Now we just wait for the 13 notice...

Dancing through life... For the next ten minutes

RentBoy86
#11re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 7:58pm

I swear it said it was closing in January, or was I wrong? I thought I read that on here awhile ago?

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#12re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 7:58pm

So sad. I will definitely be at the closing performance.

Say hi to coolkid for me, will ya?

Schmerg_The_Impaler
#13re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 8:00pm

Honestly, I'm actually disappointed that Thirteen isn't closing before this. Tale may not have terrific material, but the cast is PHENOMENAL. Great voices all around. Thirteen... mmm... not quite so much.

Guh, now I know how Bryan feels. I really want a cast recording. I mean, there's the concept recording, but the cast isn't the same, and some of the numbers aren't, either.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#14re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 8:01pm

"So sad. I will definitely be at the closing performance."

I'll be there too.

I was really hoping for the holiday boost that would really help get the ball rolling for the show. It's definitely a show that would attract the tourist. But alas.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".
Updated On: 11/4/08 at 08:01 PM

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
musicaltheatrefan3
#15re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 8:01pm

Does he only go to closings?

Anyway, I think that "13" will be announcing a January closing probably in December, because although they are certainly doing HORRIBLY, they've improved. I still don't think that they will stay past February.

Schmerg_The_Impaler
#16re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 8:06pm

Hey, Mattbrain! At least now that Tale is closing, James Barbour will be free to play you in BWW the Musical!

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#17re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 8:09pm

that is so sad re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November

esparza 333
#18re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 8:10pm

This is so sad but many predicted it. It has not been doing such good business. This show will still not be forgotten in my opinion i have a feeling Barbour will score a tony nomination.

Current Avatar:The sensational Aaron Tveit in the soon to be hit production of Catch Me If You Can.

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#19re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 8:13pm

I'll be seeing their last Wednesday matinee.

Amneris Profile Photo
Amneris
#20re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 8:14pm

i may just go see it again friday night. I hope that the tony voters dont forget about Barbour because he deserves at least a nomination.

BNN
#21re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 8:17pm

I always thought this would have some of the success and longevity as Les Mis had, due to its familiarity but I suppose it didn't catch on too well. Very unfortunate to hear, I wish I could have had the chance to have seen it.

Tick Tock

LuPonatic Profile Photo
LuPonatic
#22re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 8:19pm

This is really too bad. The first two musicals of the season out with the third not far behind. This is not looking good for Tony Awards performances. (The highlight of my year, since I am too poor to go to NYC and see them). Billy Elliot, Shrek, and 9 to 5 will all be open for performances I'm wagering, though.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#23re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 8:20pm

"i may just go see it again friday night. I hope that the tony voters dont forget about Barbour because he deserves at least a nomination."

Natalie Toro too.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

Gingersnap2 Profile Photo
Gingersnap2
#24re: 'Tale' Closing 16 November
Posted: 11/4/08 at 8:22pm

I'm not surprised, but I had hoped it would stay open long enough for me to see it. But, since I'm going to Virginia to see Hugh Panaro at Artspeak! tomorrow, I won't be able to manage a trip to NYC to see this, too.

Videos