News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mew5317

Member Name: mew5317
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Stage Hand Strike
 Nov 12 2007, 12:56:24 PM
I don't think you all understand what is going on and how the business work. Yes, there is new technolgy out there. You are also taking away jobs. This is the first strike that the UNION Local ONE has had in 121 years. Do you care about the saftey of the actors? Do you care to see a good show? Do you think they wanted to go on strike? They have to pay bills like the rest of us. Yes I support the Union for what they are doing. Working without a contract could and can be dangreous. Has anyone been
re: Strike Tomorrow
 Nov 12 2007, 12:16:02 PM
Hey
I was wondering have you told your family what is going on, if they don't know already. I would call the theatre and ask what you can do because I don't know there policy about their tickets. So I would call and find out what they are doing about tickets. I would also if can't get your answer there, once the strike is over you might be able to sell them online and ask what you payed for That is my suggestion.

re: How do you become a stagehand?
 Nov 12 2007, 11:52:46 AM
Everyone is right. I am in school for theatre and its defintaly the people you know.
re: THE STAGE HANDS ARE BULLIES
 Nov 12 2007, 11:49:17 AM
Have you ever worked backstage? Being a stagehand is a lot harder job. There is a lot of heavy lefting for one, long hours for two, saftey for three.They are not being greedy, they are working without a contract and yes I support Local Union.
re: Local 1's statement -- are they serious?
 Nov 12 2007, 11:44:26 AM
Amen brother. I agree with you because a lot of union members I know have a second job. I am just an extra employee in Dayton and I barely make enough to live and I have another theatre job and same thing. I think if you look at we have more then one job. Maybe not in theatre, more in resturants, just to let you know I support Local One.
re: So, Does the Strike affect tours?
 Nov 12 2007, 11:35:58 AM
I don't think it would because I think the touring companys are under a different contract. I think that might be true I really don't know I am more guessing then anything. If you worried about Sweeney call the theatre that its playing at and ask them. When I found that Union One went on strike it was about 5 am in the morning. I was in my own show yesterday and getting to load out our show. I am behind on this.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You