News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadwayfan120791

Broadwayfan120791 Profile Photo
Member Name: Broadwayfan120791
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Jersey Boys implementing mobile student lottery
 Jun 9 2009, 03:58:22 PM
Just wanted some feedback on this.

Has anyone ever tried and won?

If so, where were your seats located?

re: POLL: How will you be celebrating the Tonys?
 Jun 15 2008, 04:13:47 PM
A!!!

It's my first time..So excited and definetely will be closer than balcony, which is even more exciting!

Anyone on here going to the Tony Awards Tonight?
 Jun 15 2008, 02:08:19 PM
I have seen a few posts of people saying they will be, but I was just wondering if anyone else?

If so, have fun, and for everyone watching it at home have fun also!

I will be there tonight 1st mezzanine, so excited!!
:]

re: The Official 'In The Heights' Love Thread....
 May 21 2008, 09:25:42 PM
Thanks itwontbelongnowx!

I'm so excited to get it and jealous of those who already got it haha.

May 21 2008, 08:01:33 PM
What is going with the shipping of the OBCR to people who bought it off-broadway? Does anyone know about this or did anyone buy it off-broadway and recieve their copy yet?? Would it be the same as how others who pre-ordered are getting their copies this week?
 Apr 21 2008, 12:30:43 AM
Just wondering, to anyone who has been to show in the past week or so...have there been many understudies on and if so for who? I am going this week, so I was just wondering.

I'm not going to expect that those will be the understudies on during this week, but just to get an idea beforehand on who has been out lately during the show.

Also, I am so excited to get the program, but does anyone know when those who pre-ordered the cast recording will get it or is it the same day as

An In The Heights Review: Saturday, March 8th (2:00 show)
 Mar 9 2008, 06:58:27 PM
I was at the 2:00 performance of In the Heights yesterday, and I have to say for being a preview, the energy in it is just amazing already. The cast was fabolous, the music was rather entertaining, and the book I felt had so much to offer through it. The Off-Broadway vibe was still in the air, but it was evident that In the Heights is now a TRUE Broadway show. I will not make this long, because I made a more detailed review in my own personal blog and it mentions every aspect of the show, to my
re: Shows with only one good song
 Mar 7 2008, 10:59:01 PM
THE PIRATE QUEEN : "Woman"

Stephanie J. Block is amazing with those song and it is a catchy song, too.

110 IN THE SHADE: "Love, Don't Turn Away"

Audra McDonald has such a pretty voice and this is a really pretty song, too.

re: In the Heights or Passing Strange
 Mar 6 2008, 05:25:45 PM
Go see In the Heights definetly..it seems like it is going THE show of this Broadway season, so you should definetly see it while you are able to.
re: Phantom Or Les Mis?
 Mar 6 2008, 05:18:17 PM
I would personally say Phantom because it has spectacular costumes, scenary, and it is amazing. Les Mis, music-wise, is nice to listen to, but with Phantom's costume & spectacle-like show it beats out Les Mis is my opinon. Les Mis is a very good show, but some parts I feel get a little dragged out, whereas Phantom seems to keep me entertained in every part.
re: Bway in Bryant Park
 Aug 9 2007, 09:45:45 PM
Did any of the shows that performed today give out anything, like Mary Poppins, Stomp, and Hairspray all did last week? just wondering & if they did what did they give out? Just interested to know.
re: One line from a musical stuck in your head?
 Aug 7 2007, 04:20:48 PM
"Isn't it wonderful? Gawd aren't ya just mad about ya song"
-Grey Gardens, "The Girl who has Everything"

i love the way Christine Ebersole says that line.

7/31 Preview of Grease
 Aug 1 2007, 06:55:51 PM
So yesterday I went to see the preview of Grease at 8.

Okay so I will just go through most of my thoughts about the whole experience, from start to finish, but i promise i'll try my best not to make this too long.

Okay, well first off, got to the theatre, got seated. That was my first time being at the Brooks Atkinson Theatre and I felt it was just very small and packed in. Not that other theatres aren't like this, but for a show like Grease I was kind of expecting a different

re: Since when did Idina Menzel give birth?
 Jun 23 2007, 01:16:55 AM
I agree with MungoGypsy --I was talking with my friends about that after we saw Spring Awakening, I would like to see her sooner or later as Elphaba & I have a feeling the future might hold her being Maureen in Rent too possibly? Not to be thinking she is definetly going to follow in Idina's footsteps or anything, but these are just possibilities.
re: BEWARE of JERSEY BOYS Rush (Not a Normal Rush Thread)
 Jun 23 2007, 01:13:37 AM
That is really scary about what happened, my question is are these scalpers only at Jersey Boys though? I have been to Grey Gardens & Spring Awakening rush and some of my friends have been to others & nothing like these people who are that rude & ignorant are at them, so thats why I was wondering that & if it is no other rushes that people like this show up at, why ruin the JB rush then, why JB of all shows? I know it is a sold-out show, tickets can be sold at high prices for it, and all that, b
re: Most over rated show ..
 Jun 16 2007, 12:57:07 AM
I definetly agree with The Lion King, as well as The Producers.
re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
 Apr 27 2007, 02:08:36 AM
that's true, good points there by munkustrap and carymetorent...I guess it is to my benefit that they made me use a credit card for this cd. Never thought of that really.
re: Legally Blonde CD Release Date
 Apr 27 2007, 01:46:00 AM
"You can order one at the Palace too."

Yes, you can- I preordered mine tonight. What is funny though is that, i don't know maybe I am wrong about this, but I found it weird how they don't accept cash for pre-ordering it though. When I pre-ordered another cd from another show I was allowed to pay cash & they gave me a receipt with it. Anyone else find this weird or did the other show just do something out of the ordinary with allowing cash & giving a reciept for it?

My Legally Blonde Review
 Apr 27 2007, 01:40:51 AM
ok so I figured I would say this about the audience since many think that it will be target to 12-15 year olds...this may possibly true for many, but surprisingly I went to the show tonight..a lot of people I was sitting around & a lot of people I overheard talking while on the line to the bathroom at intermission..were adults who were older & seemed to go to a lot of theatre & also surprisingly lawyers/law firm people sat around me & got a good laugh out of it & entertainment. They looked like
re: In the Heights Broadway Transfer Rumors
 Apr 27 2007, 01:32:17 AM
Personally, in my opinon,..I would love to see it be on broadway but if I had to choose between seeing it go on broadway or seeing it last awhile off-broadway [as munkustrap brought up] , meaning years though..then I would choose the second option. I think it is a really great show and has SO MUCH potential to it, great actors/actresses, and overall an amazing score.

So to see it be successful to me, to many fans of it probably, & to probably also the whole creative team, cast, and cre

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You