News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lisaleela

lisaleela Profile Photo
Member Name: lisaleela
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Pippin Tour?
 Aug 24 2015, 12:38:42 AM

Lisa Karlin apparently is leaving the tour as of today? On the show's (or one of the cast members) Instagram,  they said its her last SIP. 

Sad.  

Pippin Tour?
 Aug 2 2015, 12:21:28 AM

I don't understand why not just have Lisa Karlin be LP full time! She was amazing! She has more than proven herself. 

Pippin Tour?
 Jun 3 2015, 06:26:17 PM

I really hope I see Lisa as LP when the tour comes back to Southern Cali. But sounds like Sasha will probably be back by then. I really did not care very much for Sasha's portrayal. 

Pippin Tour?
 May 26 2015, 07:28:25 PM

Fantastic news! Lisa Karlin is officially contracted as Leading Player! :) She was AMAZING when I saw her, plus Ive read other reviews of her performances as understudy of LP, and they all say how great she was. Congratulations Lisa! :)

Pippin Final Performance: WOW
 Jan 5 2015, 02:11:13 AM
And FIRE! :)
Pippin On CBS Sunday Morning 1/4/15
 Jan 5 2015, 02:08:21 AM
I feel badly for him too. When and if KDM leaves, can't Kyle Selig return?
Pippin Final Performance: WOW
 Jan 5 2015, 01:58:25 AM
"I only joined this group 2 days ago and I'm outta here."

Why leave over that? This is a great community and theres always going to be difficult people or disagreements, just like in the world outside the internet.

Pippin Tour?
 Jan 4 2015, 06:57:36 PM
This seems to be a recurring theme with the tour, where people are happy to catch the understudy instead! Sasha is a lovely sweet person but she just doesnt have that energy or qualities needed to portray this particular role. And she is sick quite a bit as well. There was one leg of the tour (I think the city right before D.C) where Lisa was LP almost every performance. I'm starting to think what will end up happening is Sasha will leave and Lisa will be the new LP full time, and there will be a new understudy.

Btw.. They uploaded this video today, in tribute to Pippin Broadway. I think everyone in the touring cast is there, except Sasha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqHFCrwn0D4

Lisa Karlin - Watch for her name in the Future!
 Dec 12 2014, 08:39:55 PM
Huh? My head hurts. ;p

"Thanks for starting this thread, Lisa Karlin. "

Haha! No, I'm afraid I'm not her. She's too busy being fabulous as Leading Player once again tonight, as we speak. :)

Lisa Karlin - Watch for her name in the Future!
 Dec 12 2014, 08:30:42 PM
Since her several performances as the Leading Player, during the Southern California leg of the Pippin Tour, Lisa has been wowing audiences in Vegas, and now St Louis! Great reviews! Some future audience members even saying "I hope Lisa's going to be the Leading Player the night I see the show!". :) She has that star quality and I thought I'd start this new thread in her honor. May she go far! :) I just know she will be a huge name someday soon.

Who has seen her in Pippin, or other s

The 2015 NBC Live Musical?
 Dec 5 2014, 12:04:03 PM
I voted for The Wiz.
 Dec 5 2014, 11:12:37 AM
"That is not a "family-friendly classic." You've now seen the pattern: SOUND OF MUSIC, PETER PAN, THE MUSIC MAN. Think along those lines."

Hair

Pippin Tour?
 Dec 5 2014, 11:09:01 AM
"Lisa Karlin, white, is also the LP u/s, and has performed the role nearly a dozen times already."

And amazingly, I might add!

But you already knew that. :)

Dec 5 2014, 01:58:16 AM
Pippin.

They did it back in the early 80s. William Katt was Pippin.

IMDb: Pippin: His Life and Times (1981)
At the goading of the ominous and omnipresent Leading Player, Pippin, the eldest son of King Charlemagne, samples life's pleasures to discover his place in the world and the meaning of his life.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082909/

I'd love to see its updated version, this time as a live TV event. Think it's possible?

Pippin Tour?
 Dec 3 2014, 08:40:22 AM
Bumpity bump we up this thread - to Berthe's house we go!

Any reviews from Vegas board members?
Anyone in AZ? :)

Pippin Tour?
 Nov 30 2014, 08:28:50 AM
As far as I'm concerned, when they have someone as terrific as Lisa, they could just have her as the Leading Player full time, when and if Sasha leaves.
Pippin Tour?
 Nov 26 2014, 01:31:06 AM
Yes thank you Pippin for the memories! :)

So has anyone seen this tonight (their 1st night in Las Vegas) or planning to go while there?

re: I Just Saw CATS For The First Time...
 Nov 24 2014, 09:07:30 PM
Resurrecting this thread from the dead, to ask: Is there a soundtrack available for this particular incarnation of Cats that's being discussed here? I saw one on iTunes "The New Musical Cast", released Jan 1st 2008, and am wondering if that is the same.
PIPPIN Will Play Final Performance in January
 Nov 23 2014, 05:39:27 AM
From what I've seen of him, I think Josh is cute! Id certainly go see him & wouldn't have minded seeing him on the tour, but I love KDM.
Pippin Tour?
 Nov 23 2014, 05:27:05 AM
Arrived back home a couple of hours ago from my 3rd and last Pippin show, at least until possibly San Diego. Boo I'm sad. (

Sasha had more energy. Maybe she's feeling better. She had a number of sick days earlier in Los Angeles, which accounts for several Lisa Karlin stand-in LP appearances. I don't think Lisa has had a chance at all, since L.A. So I guess Sasha Is feeling a lot better, and it shows. Her dancing was way better tonight. Her singing, as always, phenomenol. But she still just doesn't have that spark or menacing quality that Patina had and Lisa as well (IMO). I suppose your mileage may vary. I look forward to reading future reviews from others who get to see this tour.

I never wrote about Kristine, so I will here. She is so cute, a wonderful actress, and amazing singer! I love her as Catherine! :)

I also fell in love with Cooper. What a handsome fellow! After the show, at the stage door, Cooper came out, and I got to say hi to him and pet him. I don't normally make it a habit to pet the performers. But I couldn't help myself. And Cooper didn't mind, because he's a dog.

Was great seeing Lucie Arnaz! But she didn't bring the house to their feet like Andrea Martin did. And she wasn't as graceful either. She seemed kinda nervous during parts of her act. But kudos to her anyway, for all she did! :) Certainly is NOT easy to learn. I enjoyed her as Berthe. Oh... and not very many people in the audience sang along! O.C is dead. ;p

I had a great time, and now I need to come off my Pippin high until next summer. They definitely inspire me to work out! :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You