Pippin Final Performance: WOW

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#1Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 7:21pm

WOW, this was truly a performance never to be forgotten! From the moment the front oh house doors opened, you felt the energy. Many people just started clapping like 20 min before the show even started. Finally some producers (Not Weisslers) in the audience got everyone to start clapping then a brief pause of silence, and the show began with a thunderous applause for EVERYONE!!!! Carly got the biggest. during the course of the show Priscilla got a Standing O, Charlotte got one at the end of Spread a little sunshine and Rachel got one at the end of Kind of Woman. During the finale, Rachel started ti cry, then Carly did. Once the final bars of the finale were over, literally everyone got up for the curtain call. Then Colin and Andrew in the cast gave a little speech and finally, Diane, Chet, Gypsy, and the whole crew as well as Patina and other former cast member got on stage and finally, the legend himself STEVEN SCHWARTZ was on stage and then well everyone was crying their eyes out! What an amazing show!

Updated On: 1/4/15 at 07:21 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#2Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 8:02pm

Can not top the Sideshow finale

Poster Emeritus

FishermanBob Profile Photo
FishermanBob
#2Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 8:23pm

"Can not top the Sideshow finale"

The OP didn't imply it was a contest to see who had the best final performance. And besides, how could you know this unless you were able to split yourself into two and attend both to be able to compare? And if you WERE able to do that, can you teach the rest of us that trick?

Updated On: 1/4/15 at 08:23 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#3Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 8:39pm

Bob, you probably disagree with me here but that's life.

Poster Emeritus

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#4Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 8:53pm

Yes but you were not at Pippin, so you can't say that Sideshow was better today.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#5Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 8:53pm

That was a easy show to second act.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#6Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 9:05pm

We can agree to disagree. You said I was not at Pippin. You were not at Sideshow. Pippin will be constantly revived It will be revived in NY in the future.Barring a major miracle, Sideshow will never have a major revival and never again in NY.

We never considered Pippin. It was fun but that was it. No reason to see it again. To see something that NY will never see again was something Mrs R said we could not pass up. She was glad we went.

Poster Emeritus
Updated On: 1/4/15 at 09:05 PM

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#7Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 9:38pm

But don't you all realize that these type "boards" exist mostly to tear down the comment before it??? I thought the same thing when I read how wonderful the closing performance of Pippin was only to read underneath that it "wasn't better than my show", blah, blah, blah.
I only joined this group 2 days ago and I'm outta here.

Updated On: 1/4/15 at 09:38 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#8Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 9:41pm

It was a friendly disagreement . No malice intended. We both stated our positions. No reason to leave over that.

Poster Emeritus

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#9Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 9:41pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooook...play nice Pippin Final Performance: WOW

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#10Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 9:45pm

I am Robbie I am

Poster Emeritus

whatever2
#11Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 10:00pm

I'm not sure i understand how exuberant applause makes a final show a WOW! Especially a great show like Pippin, which had a strong run and deserved to go out with a roar of thunder. I guess what I mean is: did anything WOW happen, you know, ON STAGE??? It was a show full of acrobats -- did somebody do a back-flip???

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#12Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 10:11pm

Hey OP . . . Glad you enjoyed it. Sounds like a lot of fun and a night you're unlikely to ever forget. I hope you have many such nights going forward.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#13Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 10:17pm

Mr Roxy...You are kind of nasty. I have noticed that you always like to try to one up everyone. You are not a very nice person.

OP . . . I am also glad you had a wonderful experience at the theater tonight. I wish I had been there.

Updated On: 1/4/15 at 10:17 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#14Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 10:20pm

Keep Smoking lady. I have gotten a thick skin being constantly attacked for 11 plus years. Sorry you feel that way. You are dead wrong but I have no intention of trying to change your mind. It appears appears to be closed tighter than a bank vault.

Poster Emeritus

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#15Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 10:23pm

Why are you being attacked? Do you make a habit out of putting down peoples opinions and experiences? Have you been doing this for 11 years? Maybe it is time to sit down and reflect.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#16Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 10:32pm

How pathetic for a poster to come to another show's closing thread just to let us know that another's was better.

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

FindingNamo
#17Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 10:33pm

________ is unable to hear criticism.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

delongpre
#18Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/4/15 at 10:41pm

I went to the Sideshow finale today and I wished I could have gone to Pippin as well.

I love Pippin, its music and story, and especially the staging of this version. Would have been great to see Patina back, and see Stephen Schwartz as well. I love hearing the speeches and being there when we all bid farewell to a show we loved, liked an old friend.

Sideshow was full of applause as well, and mid-show standing o's. At then end, after speeches from director and writer, the whole cast performed a reprise of Say Goodbye to the Freak Show which was moving, even for me, a first-time viewer.

There is no comparing the two. They were two unique events. I'm sure both were unforgettable for some people. I love closing nights because it gives closure for me when I hate to see a favorite show go. I should have attended Pippin in that respect as I had no emotional connection to Sideshow.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#19Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/5/15 at 12:06am

Just keep talking about Pippin in the Pippin thread, guys.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#20Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/5/15 at 12:13am

@ Mr Roxy- You have been constantly attacked for 11 years? Seems like you are the problem if for that many years you get constantly attacked.

Darreyl with an L!

FindingNamo
#21Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/5/15 at 12:33am

^^^ this that there

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

ex-gypsy
#22Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/5/15 at 12:34am

Lizzie, This was the Pippin thread until "Someone" Decided to hijack it for another well deserving closing show. It's not a competition ass holes, All can have their opinions and favorites!

lisaleela Profile Photo
lisaleela
#23Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/5/15 at 1:58am

"I only joined this group 2 days ago and I'm outta here."

Why leave over that? This is a great community and theres always going to be difficult people or disagreements, just like in the world outside the internet.

broadwaysfguy
#24Pippin Final Performance: WOW
Posted: 1/5/15 at 2:06am

thank you Ethan so much for providing a vivid description of the Pippin Finale, and those of us on the left coast are grateful for reports like this.

It was truly a remarkable revival, and I enjoyed both the OBC and the tour casts.
Pippin was one of the first shows I saw in the 70's, so this revival was especially meaningful.

Stephen Schwartz had Pippin, Godspell and Magic Show all running as smash hits on broadway by the time he was 26...

The man crafts a marvelous tune.

Videos