News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sweetdisaster

sweetdisaster Profile Photo
Member Name: sweetdisaster
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Hair Rush!
 Mar 4 2009, 12:16:36 PM
I've done a little searching but can't find anything. Any updates on the rush/lotto policy? Thanks!
re: Farewell Legally Blonde
 Oct 19 2008, 07:13:14 PM
I always swore that I hated the idea of Legally Blonde on Broadway....then I saw it. It's such a feel good, no thinking show that never fails to put me in a good mood. I will definitely miss it.
re: Tracie Thoms to close Rent Broadway
 Jul 19 2008, 10:24:01 PM
Well, I wasn't planning on seeing it again before closing, but I might have to go back to see her.
re: Sarah Jessica Parker to star in BOEING BOEING
 Feb 26 2008, 04:05:20 PM
I was so looking forward to this even before hearing this news! Congrats to her! Very excited for this.
re: NYC summer internships
 Feb 16 2008, 09:37:02 PM
Thanks for the Theatrical Index tip. I'm also in the process of applying for a bunch of internships for this summer.

While this topic's up, does anyone have any suggestions for something that's paid. (Most of the one's I've found (or most well known) are full time, and right now I'm looking for something more PT.) Thanks!

re: Adam Pascal on the closing
 Jan 19 2008, 09:49:27 AM
I didn't find his blog condescending, but I agree with Emcee in thinking that if he wanted to say "Get a life," he would have come out and said it. It's nice to see that he took the time to say that. Comparing this to everything I've ever read of Adam's, it's apparent that he took time in writing this.

(I mean, this is the guy who called his fans sh**theads, nut balls, and retarted.)

Sir Daniel Sunjata!!!!!!!!!
 Oct 28 2007, 09:33:40 PM
Thanks for the review, jaystarr.

I agree with almost everything you stated above. The lights, sets, and costumes were just beautiful. Everything seemed entirely appropriate, especially with having the tree being an almost metaphorical anchor.

I went into it not sure what to expect, since it didn't seem like the type of play I'd ordinarily like, but it didn't disappoint. Garner really surprised me, although I did find her a little campy in certain spots where it didn't seem to

re: Lance Bass, Ashley Parker Angel, Julia Murney and More in Broadway Love
 Oct 24 2007, 01:48:16 PM
Ooh, sounds like a great night! I hope I can make it!
re: New Little Mermaid Picture!!!
 Aug 28 2007, 01:58:14 PM
Honestly? The set looks better than I had pictured, but that barely resembles a boat. I really want to like this show.
re: Adam Pascal as Phantom
 Aug 28 2007, 09:14:34 AM
Do I think he should? No. Would I like to hear him try? Absolutely.
re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
 Aug 22 2007, 12:00:23 PM
Has anyone tried to get tickets the day of the show at the box office lately? I know at the beginning of their run, people were doing this with no problem. Just trying to decide if it's worth trying to get a cheaper ticket the day of or spending the extra money now. Thanks!
 Aug 18 2007, 12:00:43 AM
Mattt, I couldn't agree with you more about Troy's ICRY last night. You said it perfectly. I'm not usually a fan, but it was incredible and really moving.
 Aug 17 2007, 07:46:31 PM
First, I saw the show last night. I had seen it the second night, and I really felt like it has intensified a lot. That could have also been the drastic difference in my seats, going from Rear mezz to orchestra.

The stage door was pretty crowded still, but much better than it was during their first week. The crowd was being quiet and patient from what I could see on the side. People were saying that Adam snuck out the front doors, but I didn't see him. So I'm assuming he didn't come ou

re: Dream Cast for film Version of Aida
 Aug 15 2007, 10:42:19 AM
NYC4Life, you do have a good point. The white and black roles could have easily been just who was originally cast. It was also Disney, though, and unlike the opera, the roles could have been deliberately done that way for a younger audience....like the Lion King. Subliminal messaging, anyone?
re: Dream Cast for film Version of Aida
 Aug 15 2007, 10:25:00 AM
as for the race issue, i think they just use that in she show (similar to how they do it in Lion King, main lions are always black, scar is always white) as a kind of visual antagonism to differenciate between numians and eqyptians and feen on our own preconceptions of race relations.

That's how I always took it. It really didn't matter, but it was the fact that you could *see* what made them so different.

I still can't see this movie working, but I've been proved wrong

Aug 1 2007, 10:04:04 PM
That's too bad, but not completely unexpected about the lyrics.

Saw the show last night and it was so electrifying. I went in excited, but very skeptical, and it exceeded all of my expections. The only thing I wanted to comment on was the age debate. Those two look exactly the same as they did back in 1996, especially Anthony who hasn't aged a day. I didn't see it remotely as an issue, when even I had wonder how well they'd mesh with the rest of the cast.

re: COMPANY - Closing Performance Stories
 Jul 1 2007, 09:26:27 PM
It sounds like the show was incredible today. Must've been really something to experience. I wish I could have been there to witness it.

But I am thankful that it was preserved through PBS.

re: At what age is it too old to stage door?
 Jul 1 2007, 11:34:10 AM
I'm 19 also, and while I don't stage door all the time, I can see where you'd feel awkward. I think a lot is getting past that point. If you're gracious and not obnoxious, age really doesn't matter. I'm sure the majority of actors appreciate that you waited outside to thank them and talk to them. nyc44 makes a good point, too. I think half the fun of stagedooring is meeting new people.
re: Regis and Kelly Broadway Week
 Jun 6 2007, 09:56:56 AM
I'm recording. It doesn't start until 10 here and I'm off to work. By the end of the week, I'll have a whole tape of Regis and Kelly. It's kind of pathetic.
re: Tamyra Gray/RENT/Last night
 Jun 5 2007, 11:02:10 PM
I don't think anyone was necessarily saying that. Will Chase was a far better Roger than Pascal (a lot seem to think Norbert Butz was, too, but I didn't see him), and I'd hope that at some point over the years somebody better than Rapp and Martin especially have come along. If those roles peaked there, that's a shame.

I wasn't saying that people said that, just commenting on people who were judging a performace based on seeing an actor on Youtube vs. live. I was trying to m

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You