News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for raddersons

raddersons Profile Photo
Member Name: raddersons
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jun 14 2024, 01:22:43 PM

I noticed a few places (Best Buy, Barnes & Noble) were taking preorders for Vinyl editions of this recording, so I bit the bullet to order one despite there being no news about it or it not being on the official merch store. Unsurprisingly it was supposed to arrive today but has been “delayed”. I was expecting this and will probably end up getting a refund if it doesn’t change in the next week or so. 

Just wanted to share so if if people also see this, th

“N/A” at Lincoln Center Theater - Mitzi E. Newhouse
 Jun 13 2024, 10:28:26 AM

You’re right, thanks for clarifying. 

The point still stands that the reason it’s happening now is because someone wrote it, and someone else liked it enough to produce it. Sometimes it’s as simple as that. 

“N/A” at Lincoln Center Theater - Mitzi E. Newhouse
 Jun 13 2024, 09:16:59 AM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Literally why this why now?"

Because the playwright wrote it and when LCT programming read the script they liked it.

Dave Malloy's THREE HOUSES at Signature
 Jun 12 2024, 11:14:37 PM

Margo Siebert confirmed on the Signature Theater instagram that a Kickstarter to help fund a cast album will be coming out soon. I imagine it will reach its goal quickly like the Octet one, so a cast album is more or less confirmed.

She also talked about how The Wolf had a song in early previews but it was cut. Such a shame, I actually think The Wolf is the least developed character and I would have loved for him to get a song. Well, outside of the dance. 

SUFFS Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jun 7 2024, 08:34:15 AM

Love listening to this. This is my best score winner hands down. Despite being firmly “contemporary” musical theater, it is probably the most “traditional” of all the best score nominees. I think in a season that has both a play with music and a dance musical stealing people’s hearts, Tony voters will choose this best score as a nod to the more traditional “book” musical. 

Congrats Shaina, it really is excellent.&n

Performances at the 2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 6 2024, 01:36:36 PM

Agreed Illinoise should do Chicago. Man of Steel would be a good choice too. They’re both impressive but not the climax of the show, leaving the audience wanting more. 

Your thoughts on the 2010 Promises, Promises revival
 Jun 6 2024, 07:17:57 AM

EricMontreal22 said: "I dunno why they don't just always use the Bennett choreography for Turkey Lurkey Time."

i don’t think the producers want to pay for cast chiropractors

Reefer Madness Hollywood
 Jun 2 2024, 09:42:27 AM

Also curious! Love the movie musical but never see the stage show produced… curious how this is!

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 10:51:59 AM

morosco said: "For thosewho may be too young to know, the composer'sname is JULE STYNE. Not Julie. Not Jules.

You're welcome.
"

Yes it’s spelled “Jule” but it’s pronounced “Joo-lee”. So its not an absurd mistake to make.

Frank Wildhorn rock musical 'Einstein: A Matter of Time' to premiere in Switzerland
 May 29 2024, 07:39:28 AM

Here’s the interview run thru a rough translator:

https://www-swr-de.translate.goog/swraktuell/baden-wuerttemberg/ulm/interview-kultur-maezen-walter-feucht-ueber-albert-einstein-musical-100.html?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

JOB transferring to Broadway at the Hayes; Peter Friedman and Sydney Lemmon reprising roles
 May 28 2024, 10:23:02 AM

Like the occupation. Without giving anything away, it is about a tech worker who places a LOT of meaning and value into their job. It’s also one of the best plays I’ve seen this year. Very excited this will have a larger platform!

May 22 2024, 03:03:07 PM

Extended thru June 16th.

May 18 2024, 09:45:57 AM

FYI here is the song list from the Digital Program:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
First House: Susan

intro (i)

i. birch trees

&nb

What is the worst production you have ever seen on Broadway? What is the worst show?
 May 18 2024, 02:10:33 AM

Getting The Band Back Together was so bad it made me actually angry 

May 17 2024, 11:39:15 PM

What is there to say? Dave does it again. The songs “haze” and “love always leaves you in the end” are sure to be on repeat for everyone when this recording inevitably comes out.

fyi I loved the little easter egg when Margo sang “Refresh” in the exact way she did during Octet.

Scott Rudin returns:
 May 13 2024, 04:02:09 PM

Hate to say there’s a lot to like in this slate of programming. I’ll check a few out but maybe I’ll swap out my baked potato for a salad come dinner time.

May 13 2024, 12:26:47 AM

I love all these songs but… Masquerade is really just everything. 

May 9 2024, 12:01:49 PM

BETTY22 said: "Endlessly dull. Whendd theatre become afraid of show tunes?"

This kind of comment is basically a guarantee I'll love this show. Can't wait!

LEMPICKA closing May 19
 May 3 2024, 02:53:40 PM

Listen, is this a perfect show? No. But it really struck me despite its flaws. I found it exciting and sleek and sexy. I’d take 5 Lempicka’s over 1 Water For Elephants any day.

May 2 2024, 01:19:06 PM

I haven’t bought a physical Broadway cast recording in over a decade, but if they released this on vinyl I’d buy it no questions asked. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You