News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for raddersons

raddersons Profile Photo
Member Name: raddersons
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dave Malloy's THREE HOUSES at Signature  May 9 2024, 12:01:49 PM

BETTY22 said: "Endlessly dull. Whendd theatre become afraid of show tunes?"

This kind of comment is basically a guarantee I'll love this show. Can't wait!

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 3 2024, 02:53:40 PM

Listen, is this a perfect show? No. But it really struck me despite its flaws. I found it exciting and sleek and sexy. I’d take 5 Lempicka’s over 1 Water For Elephants any day.

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread  May 2 2024, 01:19:06 PM

I haven’t bought a physical Broadway cast recording in over a decade, but if they released this on vinyl I’d buy it no questions asked. 

Drama Desk Nominations ‘24  Apr 29 2024, 03:46:38 PM

Where in the world is The Comeuppance?? EASILY my favorite play last year. It seems to have been totally forgotten.

Edit: It got a nom for sound design, so it was clearly eligible but just didn’t get anything. I’m shook.

Adam Guettel & Bob Martin's MILLIONS will premiere at Alliance Theatre in Spring 2025, directed by Bartlett Sher  Apr 26 2024, 12:10:02 PM

Falsettolands said: "Bob Martin and Adam Guettel is not a collaboration I would have ever guessed would happen! Very interested in this."

Totally agree. It’s an odd pairing since their shows tend to be so different in style. But I’m excited!

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 13 2024, 10:52:05 AM

I am such a sucker for these types of “fly on the wall” theater pieces. I really ate this up. Took a bit of time to adjust to the pacing but it all felt so natural and so real. It felt like watching a tour documentary in real life. Watching the band go from “Your song hit the top 40” to egos so big they can’t record together in a matter of hours… just a delight. 

Big shout out to Will Brill, who takes what is arguably the smallest role of the m

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 9 2024, 11:27:36 PM

A $56 average ticket price for a show of this size is startlingly low, but this show was always going to have low grosses at the start. It's an original musical without a star to really get butts in seats. It's only on its third week. It takes time to build an audience for a show like this.

LEMPICKA Previews  Apr 6 2024, 04:14:15 PM

Absolutely ADORED this. Extravagant, thought provoking, beautiful. It is a show that I love in spite of its flaws. Flaws which do not include Eden’s voice when I saw it last night, she was on FIRE. There were so many highlights and so many wonderful moments, but I especially want to call out Natalie Joy Johnson who turned a tiny role into a character I could not get enough of. And Amber Iman… I mean, come on. Phenomenal.

I think it’s a bit too long, and the

Cynthia Nixon in The New Group's THE SEVEN YEAR DISAPPEAR  Mar 24 2024, 10:22:04 PM

This play was fantastic. Considering it is a show about performance art and the relationships artists have, the “performance art” staging style made the meta narrative work so well. Cynthia was pretty good (especially as the

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

) but I agree Taylor Tr

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)  Mar 14 2024, 04:21:47 PM

Considering they changed the ending as recently as a week ago, I imagine it wasn’t enough time to get reviewers in before opening night proper. 

Mr. Burns @ Playwrights  Mar 12 2024, 09:16:09 AM

TotallyEffed said: "I regret missing this but I remember not going because I do not watch The Simpsons. How well does one have to know the TV show to get into this play?"

While I haven’t seen the play, i know “storytelling” and how stories change over time is one of the biggest themes. The actual content of the story is less important than the method in which it’s being told.

Michael R. Jackson & Anna K. Jacobs' TEETH Musical at Playwrights Horizons (Winter 2024)  Mar 9 2024, 08:56:52 PM

Not only is this show an absolute riot, but can I just say the music is truly fantastic. I cannot WAIT for a cast recording. It’ll be on repeat for a month. 

Also not seeing enough praise here for Jared Loftin who plays Ryan / the “not-gay” character. Absolutely hysterical performance.  His two songs bring the house DOWN. 

Sunset Baby at Signature  Feb 25 2024, 08:43:13 PM

Yes wasn’t implying the writing would change, just maybe some directorial choices surrounding it. I agree the final scene with the two of them is electric. 

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I COULD DIE @ NYTW  Feb 23 2024, 03:27:33 PM

Same here Jordan. Always appreciate a swing like this, even if it’s a whiff to me. I definitely didn’t dislike it so much as to walk out as others, but when people were standing applauding at the end I really just thought “…really?” At the end of the day, when you see theater you do not see the same show as someone else, both physically and emotionally. Dissecting those differences is maybe one of my favorite things about theater —

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I COULD DIE @ NYTW  Feb 23 2024, 02:50:14 PM

He is the director of the piece and surely helped conceive it.

I LOVE YOU SO MUCH I COULD DIE @ NYTW  Feb 23 2024, 02:43:28 PM

This is certainly a fascinating piece and I appreciate the Brechtian experiment of having the storyteller physically keep their distance from the audience. However the end result is that as an audience member you don't feel as connected. I'll admit I even dozed off for a little in the middle as I was just sitting and listening to a preprogrammed voice speak at me. The tie between the text and the songs wasn't really making much sense to me either

Sunset Baby at Signature  Feb 23 2024, 02:27:39 PM

I saw this play pretty early in the run, and while I liked it, I'm not sure the end stuck the landing for me. I hope they worked on it a bit and it's as moving a finale as the story deserves.

Second Stage to Leave Its Off Broadway Theater  Feb 23 2024, 02:20:46 PM

Sounds like this was purely a lease & real estate issue. The question now is, will they look for another off-broadway house? I can't imagine they don't.

Taylor Schilling, Gabby Beans to star in world premiere of Kate Douglas’ THE APIARY at Second Stage  Feb 18 2024, 11:12:38 PM

Jonah is really a much better showcase for Gabby’s talent than this play would have offered. I thought the concept for The Apiary was interesting but it just didn’t stick the landing. It felt like it moved really fast but then when the emotional stakes were supposed to get raised at the end, I didn’t really feel that as an audience member.

Taylor Mac’s “Bark of Millions” at BAM  Feb 5 2024, 11:32:36 PM

I think the run started tonight. I’ll be there tomorrow. Four hours long and 55 songs, with the Mac style of “Come and go as you please”.

I adored The Hang and I’m curious to know others’ thoughts of this one.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You