News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MrAmySpanger

MrAmySpanger Profile Photo
Member Name: MrAmySpanger
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Rent vs. Spring Awakening
 Nov 19 2007, 12:14:39 AM
really, nydirector2? REALLY? Spring Awakening was banned because of how awful it was? Really....REALLY?!

false.

spring awakening, for sure, and by far.

re: Thoughts on MAKE ME A SONG
 Nov 19 2007, 12:11:59 AM
this makes me want to see makemeasong that much more!
sounds amazing, thanks for the review.

re: Totally Tastless Musicals!
 Aug 27 2007, 04:22:58 AM
IBS: A New Musical?
re: Drew Sarich will now play VALJEAN
 Jun 24 2007, 09:58:42 PM
I just saw him as Javert on Friday-excellent.
re: West Side Story Question
 Jun 24 2007, 09:57:43 PM
So i don't know anything that's happened in this thread because i didn;t bother to read any other posts than the first, but...
I think riff is a great part...even though he dies at the end of the first act. But you have 2 great songs (i think). Gee officer krumpke, however, is not one of Riff's songs in the show (it is in ithe movie).

Congrats!

re: Adam Epstein on WEDDING SINGER'S failure on BROADWAY BULLET podcast
 Jun 24 2007, 09:51:25 PM
M'kay so can we end the ****ing Maddigan vs Benanti argument before it even starts? That being said, I will refrain from saying that there is an obvious reason as to why Laura was the star and Tina was the standby, or that i found her preformance to be borderline-abrasive.

Anyway. I can see how the show failed, but to blame the actor's is redic. I really don't think that there are many Adam Sandler fans flocking to Broadway to see a musical adaptation of one of his old flicks. I l

re: Auditioning for Urinetown
 Jun 24 2007, 09:43:08 PM
Firstly, having a close friend who fell victum to using this song at an audition, I advise you not to sing Popular. It won't do anyhting for your range. It does, however, show off a quirky and comedic female character role which is an excellent idea if planning to audition for any female role in Urinetown. 'ShbrtAlley44 ' makes an excellent suggestion-Bat Boy does have similar humor, 16 bars from 'Inside Your Heart' or 'A Home For You' could work. If you don't already know Bat Boy, I would su
re: My Fair Lady - ball scene
 Jun 24 2007, 09:25:46 PM
M'kay, SO..I find the entire sequence to be rather disapointing. On that note, I find almost the entire show rather disapointing. It's pretty much a series of anti-climactic scenes. Point in case- "get mah slippahs, bitch" End show? Yeah. When I played Higgins last year, I found ACT 1 to be grueling and wanted nothing more than it to end. From an audience perspective, I find myself expecting the first Act to end after the last few scenes, mostly Eliza's entrance, and am disapointed to see it
re: Who has been nicest to you at the Stage Door?
 Feb 21 2007, 12:54:48 AM
FELICIA FINLEY
kristen chenoweth
megan hilty
kevin cahoon
brooke shields

re: New GREASE Revival Logo
 Jan 8 2007, 11:16:39 PM
whynthats mightyyy unattractive! :)
re: Am I the only one that didn't enjoy Spring Awakening?
 Jan 8 2007, 05:32:08 PM
"Am I the only one that didn't enjoy Spring Awakening?"

Yes.

re: Mermaid casting
 Jan 4 2007, 06:54:53 PM
im bummed i cant see KB in this part!
re: Quick Drowsy Chaperone Rush question...
 Jan 4 2007, 06:52:24 PM
thanks alot
re: Spring Awakening love
 Jan 4 2007, 06:41:16 PM
this show is absoloutley incredible i thoroughlyy enjoyed it when i saw it this past weekend.
the songs in the recording are SO much better in context. I love the CD even more now, if possible.
Is there anywhere i can get the lyrics though?

Quick Drowsy Chaperone Rush question...
 Jan 4 2007, 06:34:30 PM
Does Drowsy offer any student rush tickets before the preformance? I know that they have a lottery (an hour?) before the show and it's available on TKTS for Saturday matinee's (unless that hass changed as well) and i didn't think rush was available, but someone told me they read about it. If anyone could prove/diprove any of this id be extremley grateful. Thanks! =]
re: SPRING AWAKENING Already Being Played In Cinemas
 Jan 4 2007, 06:25:46 PM
i ALWAYS hear wicked
no good dead
before little miss sunshine and like, BORAT. not really the best product placement. i also heard ACL revival recordingg right before dreamgirls this week

re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
 Dec 30 2006, 04:58:38 AM
i will be there tonight!!!

saw a chorus line last night- it was sooooo great.

seeing spring awakening (if i get rush seats) thsi afternoon and im stokedddd.

so yeah AMY tonight.

re: The official 'Where are you sitting at THE WEDDING SINGER final performance?' thread.
 Dec 30 2006, 12:32:23 AM
why wouldnt you?
thats not even a little weird that people awnt to now where we're sitting....

re: Casualties Of Love! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread 2
 Dec 28 2006, 10:14:14 PM
good enough for who?
re: 'She Loves Me'
 Dec 28 2006, 10:13:29 PM
ice cream
barbara cook
old kcho?
what?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You