News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tomorrowcomes

Member Name: tomorrowcomes
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What are your favorite lines of dialogue from a Broadway Musical?
 Jan 7 2007, 10:13:07 AM
"I was taught to be charming, not sincere." -Into The Woods

Also, the whole Texas Book Depository scene from Assassins.

And anything from Spamalot.

re: actors that were miscast in some of you fav. musicals
 Dec 28 2006, 11:12:42 AM
Colm Wilkinson in Phantom (yes, I realize he was originally the first choice for the part) and Les Mis (why is he on every English cast recording but one?). I really don't understand what people see in him. It distresses me.
Hilarious Comments...
 Dec 18 2006, 05:11:00 PM
>You mean like a pie or something? I love this thread so much.

Yeah, I was thinking that too...but I had a feeling they wouldn't appreciate it. :)

re: Candide at hit at Théâtre du Châtelet in Paris
 Dec 18 2006, 10:28:24 AM
Ah, now I feel like an idiot!

Of course I knew that it was a parody of Leibniz's philosophy (that everything happens for the best in the best of all possible worlds). I just meant that as an explanation of why it wasn't set in France.

Sorry about that.

re: Candide at hit at Théâtre du Châtelet in Paris
 Dec 17 2006, 09:17:39 PM
>And, of course, three of the four central characters are Westphalian, and the novella and musical both start and end in Westphalia. So Voltaire didn't set it primarily in France anyway.<

Yes, but that's because there was heavy censorship in France at the time Voltaire was writing it. He couldn't set it in France without risking imprisonment (since it satirizes the government, the church, etc.), so while the story takes place in other countries, it's largely a critique of France itself.

Hilarious Comments...
 Dec 12 2006, 05:25:25 PM
When I went to see Phantom of the Opera a few years ago, I stayed in my seat during intermission and heard the following conversation between the two girls in front of me:

Girl 1: So what was with that thing that fell out of the mirror after the song that guy sang? Was it like, a dead body?
Girl 2: Yeah, I think it was. That was totally weird.
Girl 1: I know! Like, why would you keep dead bodies in your mirror anyway? Couldn't you find a better place to put them?

re: Les Mis Revival Orchestrations
 Dec 12 2006, 05:19:57 PM
Actually, I didn't mind the new orchestrations. It changed the feel somewhat of certain songs (at least to me), but I don't think the overall effect was bad. Just different.

And honestly, it wasn't that noticeable unless you are completely fanatical about the show. And even then, it might not be that apparent. The changes were mostly pretty subtle. Unless you were listening for it, which I was.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You